AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
ok, my mom recently made me wipe the computer and put the operating system back on and now i don't have sound and my internet lags on some sites which it never did before and it's really starting to stress me out because all my mom will do is say "o, this is good for your to try and figure out" which just pisses me off more because i don't have any interest in fixing computers. PLZ PLZ help.

my friends said there might be something wrong with the drivers so i tried looking up stuff and trying to fix it but i am so lost right now i don't know what to do

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
What to you mean by "Lags". But yeah, Re-installing windows means you'll have to re-install all of the drivers. Sometimes Windows Update might download a few. But you're going to have to find out the makes and modles of your Graphics Car, and southbridge/chipset.
CPUID
I use that to help track them down.
Also, look in your device manager, it will have the Yellow question-mark for devices that haven't got the proper drivers.
I think *on top of my head* Right-click on "my computer" in the start menu> Properties > Hardware > device manager.

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
it lags like when you scroll down the page jumps from spot to spot insted of just scrolling

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
What to you mean by "Lags". But yeah, Re-installing windows means you'll have to re-install all of the drivers. Sometimes Windows Update might download a few. But you're going to have to find out the makes and modles of your Graphics Car, and southbridge/chipset.
CPUID
I use that to help track them down.
Also, look in your device manager, it will have the Yellow question-mark for devices that haven't got the proper drivers.
I think *on top of my head* Right-click on "my computer" in the start menu> Properties > Hardware > device manager.

:wallbash: what?, i did the thing with the yellow question marks it didn't do anything, i am so confused about how to find this stuff and stressed out i can't get my computer to work i almost started crying

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The 'lag' is with the scroll wheel on the mouse. Install the OS, then install the Motherboard Drivers if you built it yourself, then the Graphics Card Drivers, and then the software/hardware drivers. If you bought it and got a recovery cd, that should reformat and install everything just like you had bought it. I hate messing with prebuilts though, so best of luck.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
Don't panic! Give us the exact make and model of your computer, and then I'll post back with all the drivers for you to install -- simple and easy, just download, point and click.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just go to the manufacturer's website, go to the support section, type in your model, and you should find a page listing the drivers you'll want along with links to download them.

HuskyRye

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The dudes above me are right about the drivers and crap...

This is easier-

Driver Genius Professional Edition - Backup, restore and update all your drivers in several mouse clicks.

Go there, download Driver Genius, (15-day trial) it'll automatically find, download, install, and backup any and all drivers you need, it also updates the driver's if need be). Heck of a lot easier than going everywhere to find the stupid things. :damnpc::thumbsup:

It may be easier, but you learn where these things are if you actually go out and hell, you might even learn something else XD. Plus, I wouldn't trust anything like that, I can see it installing a virus from a hacked server now LOL.

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
i'm just gonna let my friends look at my comp. there dad fixes comp. for a job

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
What is the CPU usage like when it lags, if it is low when it lags it may be a registry error, which is strange to have many after reinstalling an OS (that or you didn't uninstall it correctly, missing drivers or tiny fragments left on the hard drive)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What is the CPU usage like when it lags, if it is low when it lags it may be a registry error, which is strange to have many after reinstalling an OS (that or you didn't uninstall it correctly, missing drivers or tiny fragments left on the hard drive)

It's probably his not having a proper graphics driver.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Yep, this always happens between reinstalling Windows and reinstalling the graphics card driver.[/font]

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little

the cpu usage jumps up to a hundred percent usage when i scroll down

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
Of course it will, it's trying to render a page without any graphics drivers to help it out.

If you give us your make and model of your computer we can spot out the drivers for you to download and install.

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
Computer Brand Name: HP Pavilion 061 PJ508AA-ABA A710N
Motherboard Model: ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut
i got windows xp if that matters or not

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
Graphics Driver: Via/S3G UniChrome IGP Driver Update

Audio Updated Driver: Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver Update

Install those two drivers and you should be good to go :)

Also, while looking up your product I saw that you have an AMD processor. go to Microsoft Windows Update and install all updates. MAKE SURE you go to "Hardware Updates" on the left column and check ALL the available updates. That will install all the other drivers required by XP that HP didn't cover (A few AMD machines I've worked on had that driver, but a select few did not. If it's not there, don't fret, just check the ones that are there ;])

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
omg no more lag i didn't need that last part but i am very very thank full for your help. i just had to update a lot on the windows update thingy for it to go away

Reactions: mm3
Status
Not open for further replies.