Having a 'Middle' side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I was listening an old episode of The Big Little Podcast during lunch, and one of the terms they used was a 'Middle'. Obviously everyone knows what a Big and a Little are, but middles were a new thing to me. Apparently a Middle is someone who likes to play an LK or even tween/teenager role, and act in a way where they can baby (or boss around) a Little, whilst also being under the control of a caretaker - meaning they operate in a twofold way, being in both a position of power and of vulnerability, often in the same instant.

Has anyone here had experience of being a Middle, or likes the idea of being that playful older kid who can look after the littles, but still needs/wants a caretaker?

I hadn't really thought about it myself, but the slightly older and more playful aspects of my little side include having a Baby Stella doll which I like to feed bottle to, dress in cute outfits and tuck up in her sleepsac. I find it nice to take on the traditionally caretaker role of doing the nurturing, whilst still having the vulnerability and mindset of someone much younger than my biological age.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have never gone full "Middle" but I tend to find when I play my 6-10 year old self (which is my usual) I often take a similar "role" with the other Littles and Babies who tend to go for younger routes. I tend to just refer it as a super-helpful big girl babysitter thing, but that's cute. I've never heard of it described like that. Pretty neat. I would love to see more of them around! Seems pretty fun!

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Never really thought of it in that context. I almost always am older (6-9) and being taken care of by a parent, but it never occurred to me that I might also help take care of an infant or toddler. The only time younger characters come into play is when I have a younger sibling or relative who is a traditional age to be diapered (aka 1-2 if they wear full time or 3-4 if they only need them at night) and it is used to highlight the fact that I am definitely too old for the diaper or pull up. I think I might try that in the coming weeks; I was always interested in helping take care of younger kids even when I wasn't much older than they were, so it shouldn't be much of a stretch for me to create the context for that situation. Thanks.

Desphiria

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have a Middle but she doesn't show up unless I leave the house or am around family and they piss me off. Most of the time I'm just a Little.

CharliePup

Mommy's puppy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I consider myself to have a 'middle' side of about 12 (and another of about 14, but that's a 'bad' part of me :p). She's about as good at looking after babies as I was at that age, i.e. very uncomfortable and nervous around them. Still, I suppose she would be able to help look after a younger little if a caretaker was there, I've never tried it. Normally I'm a bit older than the other littles around and tend to be a bossy brat to them - who's then reprimanded by the adults, heehee X3

soggyboy

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
It's not something I had considered, until now! I like the idea of that.
My little is between 7-12, and I have yearned for a like minded playmate of the same age, but now I can see a whole new realm of possibilities with that.
#Sighs. Just another unfulfilled dream to consider, lol.

ILoveDora

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I've actually encountered several people who identify solely as a middle on r/littlespace. I had no idea they existed until then but I guess they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.