Have you noticed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

InnocenceAlone

That alot of people now a days that dont talk right. I mean come on, "yo wut up?" When you can easily say "Hey, hows it going?" It makes so much more sense and you wont sound stupid. I dont know what everyone else thinks, but personally it gets on my nerves. LOL

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Eveyone tries to be cool and trendy, whatever they here other people useing they mimic the same things.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I wonder if this doesn't happen with every generation. I haven't asked anyone if they had stupid slang when they were younger, but I imagine that's the case. They'll either grow out of it or get left behind.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I HATE memes and chatspeak. It's not impressing anyone. Speak with intelligence.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't use slang since it sounds rather stupid to me.

however I laugh at this- "Don't call me stupid, Stupid."

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
it's just slang. every generation has their own version. and "hay, how's it going" is also incorrect. it's just last generation's slang.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Personally, I tend to tailor my word choice depending upon who is listening. Too proper or improper will both cause headache for the speaker. Chat speak, hip-hop slang, and Old English annoy me greatly. Beyond that, I don't care as long as I easily understand what is being said.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Aight, dawg, listen to ma words. Ya see, language changes and, like, evolves, n' stuff like that. There's nothin you can do about it. Every generation, like, has their own slang. Can ya dig it?

Role
Diaper Lover
I talk in internet speak to my friends. My chance of getting me some girly action is about < 20% so, it doesn't really matter. Why even try to not be not cool?

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Oh daddy-o, be cool. Don't let the steam out of the kettle. Every generation has had it's street language. We used to drive our parents crazy. Hip hop is a lot more rad, though. Well, catch you on flip side cat.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
That alot of people now a days that dont talk right. I mean come on, "yo wut up?" When you can easily say "Hey, hows it going?" It makes so much more sense and you wont sound stupid. I dont know what everyone else thinks, but personally it gets on my nerves. LOL
Orale ese I have noticed that, and it also is the media that has had a big impact on the way we speak like the rappers for example invented words like "dawg", "sup", "yo" and "bling" you hear what im saying holmes, I myself however prefer to use the chicano/lowrider slang that was invented in the calles. Oh and by the way, translation(Orale-Alright, ese-dude, holmes-homie/friend, and calles-streets.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Have you ever listened to an interview of someone from the 60's? You want to beat yourself silly with an insert of a smelly, sweaty shoe by the end of it. They had their own way of talking, just like we have our own way of talking. As long as someone has communicated their point to you, isn't the purpose of language met?

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Oh daddy-o,...
Daddy cool...:laugh:Dogboy, I haven't heard that expression since my older sisters were in their teens. Remember the '50s beatniks? They were like predecessors of the '60s hippies to me, and talk about slang usage...:D

~Pramrider

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Your point would have been more valid if it wasn't loaded with colloquial terms and finished with an example of internet slang.

One of the glorious things about the English language is how seamlessly it evolves as time goes on. So long as something is at least vaguely comprehensible, I don't have a problem with it.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think you can even see changes in the era's informal vernacular every few years. Think of all of the things that five years ago people said, but that they no longer say now. Think of all of the influences that pop culture has upon what we say and how we express ourselves. I don't necessarily think this is an effect of generation change as much as it is a constantly down-rolling cultural effect -- hell, there are things that I hear now that I said three years ago, and I'm like, "That sounds idiotic!"

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
You guys are a bunch of squares >.>
That reminds me of an old "Truth or Consequences" show when Bob Barker was the emcee. The question he posed to a younger contestant was, "Why don't teens ever play with blocks?" The answer, and to his utter surprise she guessed correctly, "Because they don't dig squares!":D

~Pramrider

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I read somewhere that this generation is so different that it's basically an entirely new dialect of the English language, at least that's what I think I heard.

But like the others have said, every generation seems to have their own slang words. I'm sure 40 years ago, if you said "Hey" instead of, "Hello, Ma'am," or "Hello, how do you do, sir?" then there would have been people who had a major problem, just like their are people today who have a problem with "Yo, whaddup?"

If you don't like the slang that is used these days, then don't use it. But you can't force others to speak the way you'd like them too, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.