Have you ever used a bidet?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,380
Role
  1. Incontinent
Being profoundly diaper dependent IC since the beginning, after a while you become an expert for cleaning up after a BM accident. Most of my BM accidents happen while sleeping or the morning. So obviously it's easier to clean up in my own house.

I wake-up early morning with the usual load in my diaper and do some stretches with meditation for about 45 minutes. I finish a cup of coffee and check the online news. After everything else I might push out whatever I haven't messed overnight. By then I have a fairly large mess in my diaper. The next list is to clean up my dirty diaper.

I always spread a bed pad (I have a couple dozens with multiple sizes) on the bathroom. I do use chlorophyll copper (internal deodorants) so I don't actually smell that bad.
I hold my diaper over the toilet and drop any of the solid stool. Then I use some wiped for any poop left on me and put them into the diaper. Then I wrap up the diaper and drop it into my diaper pail (Janibell [m400 model - 13 gal]) which contains any odor.

Next I slightly squat and straddle the bidet (mine has warm water). It's next to the toilet and it has a vertical jet that directs the water flow up to my bottom. The spray cleans my gentitails, perineum, inner buttocks and my anus. It's easy and you feel completely clean. After using one I simply jump in the shower. My girlfriend haven't used one until she saw one in my bathroom. She now loves it.

Of course you can use a public bathroom if needed. Personally I don't like them but if it's an emergency BM accident away from home I'll use one. I prefer my own personal bathroom. Like I said I've been IC since I was a child. Having to use a bidet makes poopy diaper clean-up easier.Nothing like a clean and fresh tush before re-diapering.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, sport1 and 3 others
Bidets are a Brilliant invention. French invention I think. After a serious bike accident on a Italian mountain and with limited mobility it was a pleasant way of cleaning up after a wc visit. If anyone is considering re doing their bath room and have enough space they are worth considering. Heard that the Japanese make interesting toilets too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
How do you dry your butt? Toilet paper?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diprs2
Seasonedcitizen said:
How do you dry your butt? Toilet paper?
Just as you would as you are coming out of the shower, (as everything down there is clean - just wet).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and greatlake5
Yes I have when we were in Paris, it felt oddly great, there was a small towel to dry. It’s a nice idea, if I build a new house, just might include one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and Happy2BeInNappies2
Yes. My friend has one in his house. It's mostly ornamental but I used it once just so I could say that I've used a bidet
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and richieboy
greatlake5 said:
Being profoundly diaper dependent IC since the beginning, after a while you become an expert for cleaning up after a BM accident. Most of my BM accidents happen while sleeping or the morning. So obviously it's easier to clean up in my own house.

I wake-up early morning with the usual load in my diaper and do some stretches with meditation for about 45 minutes. I finish a cup of coffee and check the online news. After everything else I might push out whatever I haven't messed overnight. By then I have a fairly large mess in my diaper. The next list is to clean up my dirty diaper.

I always spread a bed pad (I have a couple dozens with multiple sizes) on the bathroom. I do use chlorophyll copper (internal deodorants) so I don't actually smell that bad.
I hold my diaper over the toilet and drop any of the solid stool. Then I use some wiped for any poop left on me and put them into the diaper. Then I wrap up the diaper and drop it into my diaper pail (Janibell [m400 model - 13 gal]) which contains any odor.

Next I slightly squat and straddle the bidet (mine has warm water). It's next to the toilet and it has a vertical jet that directs the water flow up to my bottom. The spray cleans my gentitails, perineum, inner buttocks and my anus. It's easy and you feel completely clean. After using one I simply jump in the shower. My girlfriend haven't used one until she saw one in my bathroom. She now loves it.

Of course you can use a public bathroom if needed. Personally I don't like them but if it's an emergency BM accident away from home I'll use one. I prefer my own personal bathroom. Like I said I've been IC since I was a child. Having to use a bidet makes poopy diaper clean-up easier.Nothing like a clean and fresh tush before re-diapering.
Do they make them a toilet and a bidet together I'm limited on space I've seen a hand one that attaches to the water line only the cold line that would be a nasty wake up call and a big mess, I'm looking to invest in one thanks from BabyTigerCub.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
BABYTIGERCUB said:
Do they make them a toilet and a bidet together I'm limited on space I've seen a hand one that attaches to the water line only the cold line that would be a nasty wake up call and a big mess, I'm looking to invest in one thanks from BabyTigerCub.
Ye they do. In Europe they're not uncommon and I like them. But in Korea and japan they have toilets with a button you press to spray you. That's better imo. I wish I had one of those in my home. In the UK bidet has gone out of fashion now and mostly only old homes have them.
I guess people didn't like having an extra thing in the bathroom. Now people use 'flushable' wipes but they block the pipes and are less hygienic.

Oh and in Vietnam there's a kind of hose thing next to the toilet. Which is better than a bidet imo cos you don't have to move but not as good as the button where it just sprays in the right place.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
greatlake5 said:
Being profoundly diaper dependent IC since the beginning, after a while you become an expert for cleaning up after a BM accident. Most of my BM accidents happen while sleeping or the morning. So obviously it's easier to clean up in my own house.

I wake-up early morning with the usual load in my diaper and do some stretches with meditation for about 45 minutes. I finish a cup of coffee and check the online news. After everything else I might push out whatever I haven't messed overnight. By then I have a fairly large mess in my diaper. The next list is to clean up my dirty diaper.

I always spread a bed pad (I have a couple dozens with multiple sizes) on the bathroom. I do use chlorophyll copper (internal deodorants) so I don't actually smell that bad.
I hold my diaper over the toilet and drop any of the solid stool. Then I use some wiped for any poop left on me and put them into the diaper. Then I wrap up the diaper and drop it into my diaper pail (Janibell [m400 model - 13 gal]) which contains any odor.

Next I slightly squat and straddle the bidet (mine has warm water). It's next to the toilet and it has a vertical jet that directs the water flow up to my bottom. The spray cleans my gentitails, perineum, inner buttocks and my anus. It's easy and you feel completely clean. After using one I simply jump in the shower. My girlfriend haven't used one until she saw one in my bathroom. She now loves it.

Of course you can use a public bathroom if needed. Personally I don't like them but if it's an emergency BM accident away from home I'll use one. I prefer my own personal bathroom. Like I said I've been IC since I was a child. Having to use a bidet makes poopy diaper clean-up easier.Nothing like a clean and fresh tush before re-diapering.
Yep we have one at home bidets are great less t.p. more water tho.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
In Indonesia it's common to have bidet. I actually never thought about using toilet paper to clear my butt from a mess xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Years ago we were on holiday in Italy by lake Como. We were able to buy sparkling wine for well less than a £1 a bottle from a local wine shop. Problem was there was no where to chill it. Then we had the Idea to run the cold water and fill the Bidet, problem solved, cooled wine!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
There are lots of bidet seat attachments for toilet seats on Amazon.
I just use our shower (squatting) with it's detachable head and adjustable spray.
Considering that I wash all that area because of HS, it currently makes more sense than a bidet (see how my mobility goes).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diprs2
I actually got my first bidet (toilet seat replacement model) in January of 2000, just before the pandemic run on toilet paper. Mine was a basic model but it led to feeling much cleaner than ever before. It really is a thing where you think, "How did I ever live without one of these? Life before a bidet was so primitive!" My then-partner was reluctant to use a bidet even though he'd experienced them in Japan, but after trying mine for a while, he was convinced and we got another for the main bathroom he used.

My current home had a fancier toilet seat replacement model that comes with a heated seat, heated water, and even a fan! Most of the time I don't bother with the fan. To me, the worst thing about having a bidet is.. using any toilet that does not have one!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and greatlake5
ade said:
There are lots of bidet seat attachments for toilet seats on Amazon.
I just use our shower (squatting) with it's detachable head and adjustable spray.
Considering that I wash all that area because of HS, it currently makes more sense than a bidet (see how my mobility goes).
We got the fancy toilet built in bidet unless it's a fit over has warm water feature
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Bidet is a wonderfull thing! All apartment I'v lived have bidet. When I have to use toilett out of my home I feel myself uncomfortably. Warm water, soap amd towel are much more hygenic than paper.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
It has gotten out of fashion in Germany, when i was younger, this was much more common.

If i knew that i will get incontinent soon, i would have renovated my bathroom different and would have installed a bidet for sure instead of a second sink.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
I spent about an hour fixing my Bidet seat yesterday. It cracked on the underside.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
I have always had a bidet. It feels weird to be without one if you're used to it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and furry121
OK, so I am *really* late to this post, but I gotta add: Bidets are sooooo awesome! We have them in all our bathrooms in both our houses. We can't do without. So sanitary and clean! Moreover, when the pandemic hit and we had all these toilet paper shortages in the USA, we just laughed! It didn't affect us in the least!
 
  • Like
Reactions: TeeMousy, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I believe in Italy it is obligatory to have at least one bathroom with a bidet in it. If your house has more than one bathroom then you can choose not to have it in the secondary bathrooms, but at least one bathroom MUST include it. Very civilised.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, richieboy and 1 other person
Back
Top