have you ever thought of quitting diapers?

has anyone every thought of quitting diapers

• Total voters

eliblox2009

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
has anyone every thought of quitting diapers. if so why and did you?

Reactions: babyjoe20

eliblox2009

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I have and I am still trying, I did this because I felt like why am I gonna hide this from anyone, only have one life is this the way I am gonna live it hiding every move I do?

Reactions: MaxDL and babyjoe20

Str88jacketabdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’ve had binge and purge cycles like a lot of people but once I accepted myself I wouldn’t give up diapers for anything.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, babyjoe20, DiaperedDragon and 2 others

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Yes. Why? -Financial and disapproval from family/peers. Did not succeed and came to terms with this side of me.

Reactions: MaxDL, babyjoe20 and eliblox2009

bnet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Everyday I think about it. I try and purge every now and then; mostly because I don’t want to have the addiction control me.

Reactions: eliblox2009 and babyjoe20

SetoKaiba

"My First Words Were Neutron Blast Attack"
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I've had my far share of the binging and purging cycles.
Just recently due to other things going on in life and focusing on my professional career I had decided to really take a backseat to the ABDL world.
I even posted my collection to sell so I would not be tempted to return. It has been a hard decision but I have to agree and say I do not want this addiction to control me any longer. I even realized that when looking at the diapers I do still have left in collection I get no feeling of joy or satisfaction from them as I once did, I kind of took that a sign to start quitting and giving it up.

eliblox2009

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
T
SetoKaiba said:
I've had my far share of the binging and purging cycles.
Just recently due to other things going on in life and focusing on my professional career I had decided to really take a backseat to the ABDL world.
I even posted my collection to sell so I would not be tempted to return. It has been a hard decision but I have to agree and say I do not want this addiction to control me any longer. I even realized that when looking at the diapers I do still have left in collection I get no feeling of joy or satisfaction from them as I once did, I kind of took that a sign to start quitting and giving it up.
that's what kinda happened to me

Reactions: babyjoe20

PaddedInHaslet

Straight Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve thought about and tried to quit a few times because my wife doesn’t like it. I am only DL and not AB at all, but she still does not approve. Obviously, the quitting didn’t work, but I would say this “addiction” controls me. I only wear maybe once a month….possibly twice a month if I’m “indulging.” True, it’s not my choice to wear so sporadically and I would probably want to wear a lot more if my wife was cool with it, but life would be so much easier if I didn’t have the desire to wear anymore.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, eliblox2009 and babyjoe20

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
if I quit wearing diapers it would be a real mess when you're incontinent you don't have a whole lot of choice

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Only once since I started wearing regularly as an adult.
I felt it was becoming a problem in a relationship, but when it came to the choice, the relationship was what I chose to ‘quit’ on.

Ravensteel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Oh, when I was younger I used to go through periodic purges frequently. I was full of so much self-lothing and animosity towards myself. I had no idea why I liked diapers and felt quite a bit of shame. However, once I embraced the harmless nature of diapers, it just became something I enjoyed doing for self-care.

Reactions: chamberpot, GoodnitesXL21, tseaborn and 4 others

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Too many times to count. There were many reasons but the main reason is " It's just not normal" and "Oh God there must be something wrong with me". Then there were times of paranoia if someone found out.
I purged and quit many times, all ending in failure. I finally quit trying to quit. I'm much happier since I accepted it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chamberpot, tseaborn, eliblox2009 and 3 others

babyjoe20

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Other
eliblox2009 said:
has anyone every thought of quitting diapers. if so why and did you?
i have and did, not long after i started wearing at the start of last year because i thought im wierd, im a deviant, ill get locked up if someone found out and probably had the same thoughts as most other people. i lasted about a month if that. the urge to wear nappies again became more stronger than ever b4 so i started wearing again for a few weeks and again the i quit for the same reasons as i mentioned b4 i was even on the verge of suicide because of the shame i felt til i heard the song "i am what i am" by gloria gaynor a couple of times on repeat and accepted its who im meant to be and its nobody elses buisness what i do in my own home or when i wear in public (aslong as its covered) but now i tell people i wear them and dont care what any one thinks or what looks i get. if i have visitors at my home which is very seldom and im wearing then its covered same when im in publi. because my closest friends know, i go to their houses wearing. its never mentioned now but when they asked i told them i had no control over my bladder due to an injury (which at the time i did) only my ex-bestfriend knew who then outed me to there partner which is why i ended up on the verge of suicide. since i accepted it i dont care who else knows.im also a crossdresser which everyone has known for i dont know how long and every one also knew i wore womens pantys from a young age aswell and that didnt bother me so why should people knowing i wear nappys bother me or the fact there girl nappies i mostly wear. if it wasnt for me accepting that ninight i probs wouldnt be here today but glad i am xxx

Reactions: eliblox2009 and Weewilly

babym13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yes I have. I have been open about them with my current partner and he's not found of it! So I thought about quitting a few times!

Last edited:

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I only wear occasionally so I have never thought seriously about quitting although it does cross my mind at times.

I just never gave it serious thought since I don't spend that much time wearing diapers or spend that much money.

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
In my teens, I thought constantly of quitting. I'd wear diapers for a bit, placate the urges, and then tell myself I'd never do it again. And, just as quickly, the urges would be back. It became hard to take myself seriously. By the time I turned 18 and moved off to college, I'd pretty much resolved to just deal with it, but I still wasn't happy with myself. By my 30's, it was sort of a numbness. I'd wear diapers, baby out, and then there'd just be this emotional hole left--no strong feelings one way or the other. I'm in my mid 40's now, and only in the last few years have I been able to enjoy this side of myself and hold onto the high. I'm still "complicated," but I no longer feel like my big and little sides are these two distinct modes. They're blurring together, working together. I don't know if there's a next step. If there isn't, it's ok. I'm pretty happy with my diapered butt these days. :)

Some things (apparently) just take (a lot of) time.

Reactions: chamberpot, eliblox2009 and babyjoe20

Pelusos

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes, I also have tried to give it up. I have been living with the desire to wearing diapers and plastic pants and the desire to be free of it. First part of my life, til my mid 20's the waves were much higher and lower. If I want diapers it meant I spent my last coins to them and I could leave my workplace with some lier to catch the pharmacy in time. But than I felt myself in trouble and threw everything to trash bin. Impulsivity of youth...
After I had learnt to accept myself waves calmed down. If I feel the urge I let it go, I wear diaper 5-10 days in a mounth.
I'm optimistic. Second part will be more longer...

Reactions: Subtlerustle and eliblox2009

Furrytum

Will smile for pancakes.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
No, but I've gone a month or three without wearing. I had some, by the way...I just didn't fancy it.
I had some feelings of 'why am I doing this?' at one point, but I came to accept that I enjoy it, it's legal, nobody gets hurt and I do it in the privacy of my own home.

Last edited:
Reactions: eliblox2009 and hti24

hti24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Honestly? Never. Like @Furrytum I've taken extended breaks from wearing, but they've been by choice, not due to any desire to quit. I frigging love diapers. Why would I want to quit them? :)

• Love
Reactions: LinkDL, Subtlerustle, eliblox2009 and 1 other person

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Honestly, the only way I’ve found to “quit” is not to quit. If you think about it like quitting, you’ll establish a binge-purge cycle. The only way I’ve found to put this on any sort of back-burner is to accept it and come to a natural point where I’d rather do something else. Of course, you have to have something more in your life than ABDL to do that. That’s a balance that we as a community sometimes lack.

It’s interesting to note that, regardless of intent to “quit” or not, our lives have cycles of empty spaces we fill. Sometimes they are small spaces we fill quickly with our habits or immediate needs, or they are larger spaces where we feel that shift more profoundly when one thing ends and nothing is slated for it to immediately begin. A more complete life allows us to fill those spaces with a variety of things. I’m fine filling smaller spaces with my ABDL things, but if I didn’t have larger responsibilities and things outside of ABDL, I might fill larger spaces with that habit.

It’s important to attend to your needs as an ABDL-identifying individual, but if you’re asking yourself if you need to decrease how much you indulge this side of you, maybe this is going beyond meeting your needs and has become just a habit. Consider what your life is filled with.

And, with all the discussions of “going 24/7” or otherwise committing to ABDL-focused lifestyle changes, you really should leave space in your life for these things to change. If you commit to going 24/7 for example, does that limit your ability to do something else you need or want to do? If you develop temporary urge incontinence from your constant indulgence, will that limit you as well? Does your commitment become a stressful chore rather than a fun challenge, displacing something you’d rather do? Are you doing this so you have something to share in the community or are you truly doing this for yourself?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pelusos and eliblox2009