Have you ever gotten that sudden "urge"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BabyPandora

Lemme explain. You're in regular underwear, you just went to the bathroom half an hour ago, then as soon as you put on a diaper, you have to go.

That's been happening to me lately. And it's getting worse and worse. As soon as I put on a diaper, I have to pee. And I'm getting closer and closer to completely losing control. Is this normal, or should I be concerned?

Littledaimon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
To answer your question, yes, I tend to feel an urge to pee when I am wearing a diaper, not immediately but more often.

There are some threads about this and I don't think it's a problem, you're just getting used to it.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I have never experience it before but for others they have because there was a thread like this before. It's just a mind it plays on the body. Nothing majoy. It can be wasteful when you change out of a wet nappy and a few minutes later you feel you have to go. Your body is adapting to the fact you are wearing diapers as you used to when we were all babies and it feels when different material you have on (Plastic instead of fabric[unless you wear cloth diapers as well]) it knocks on your door ready to come out. Delivery your fluids.

It's honestly nothing to be concern about. It's not a medical issue, it's not an incontinent issue, your body is just feeling as ease and if it get's worse and worse you might consider taking a break from diapers for awhile or cut back on wearing usage and use the toilet as normal behavior. You can do standard training methods by just going to the bathroom as normal routine when your not wearing or just don't drink as much because when you drink, your frequent to urinate more then you would by not drinking. Also, that small fact about watching a waterfall or water dripping doesn't make you want to use the bathroom or even make your mind think you actually have to use the bathroom.

To make sure this isn't a problem just go off by your daily routine...maybe take a weekly break from your plastic or cloth friends and by the time the week is over just slip one one and not even think your wearing one. Minds can be easily distracted like hands. It's as I mentioned above, your body is getting used to the plastic or cloth around your waist letting you know "it's ok" to letting it all out I'm not saying hold it in because that is bad, just go by as your routine and try not to drink as much while wearing or not. Then after you blew the thought or frequent urinating more, then go by your daily life.

As you mentioned if you almost wet the bed at night, then try not to drink anything before you go to bed and use the bathroom that way you will not have any worries on wetting the bed after all. You can always set a clock to wake yourself up and use the bathroom again kinda like a small restroom schedule except it would take like 2 minutes, then it's off to dream land. That 91% works for alot of people, some yea it doesn't but your not undergoing a major situation so I think you would be perfectly fine and comfortable trying this out.

Last edited:
B

BabyPandora

I don't like taking a break from my diapers lol. If I could, I'd wear 24/7, then I wouldn't be surprised about losing control.

Although, I think a break is warranted now because I just remembered that last night I woke up abruptly and almost wet the bed, and I wasn't wearing a diaper. So I may actually take your advice, Snivy. :3 Everything you said actually makes a lot of sense.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I re-answered as a fourth paragraph :3

B

BabyPandora

Lol why didn't you just post it normally? :p

Anyway, I know about all that. Believe me, this isn't the first time I've almost wet the bed because of my DL side. I actually have before *blushes* So I'll take the proper steps tonight and wear a diaper just in case. :3

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Lol why didn't you just post it normally? :p

I decided to continue where I left off.

BabyPandora said:
Anyway, I know about all that. Believe me, this isn't the first time I've almost wet the bed because of my DL side. I actually have before *blushes* So I'll take the proper steps tonight and wear a diaper just in case. :3

That's an awesome idea! Proceed with caution :3

Halo9372

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Private
I've had the same experience. I think it's similar to a placebo affect. Wearing diapers is not just about wearing it's also about using.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
No in the sense that I've never been in a situation where I thought "I can't hold it." But yes in the sense that I find it extremely hard to keep a diaper dry for more than an hour. I mean, I can do it, especially if I'm not drinking much, but when I have the diaper on, I tend to just pee as soon as I feel a little tickle down in that region. Where you are, BabyPandora, is you've probably been wearing frequently enough that, like everyone is saying, you've got a mental effect going. You're just so used to relaxing in the diapers that you end up peeing without really thinking about it.

A word of caution. It is possible, through wearing too much and going too often, to give yourself a mild form of urge incontinence, especially if you make a point of forcing it. I say mild, but "mild incontinence" as a condition isn't very pleasant if it's not something you want to deal with and having to wear diapers sounds, at least to me, a lot less fun than wearing them only when you want to.

Since you're wearing a lot (and enjoying it) my suggestion is to take 1-2 days a week as diaper free days, so you have the chance to practice holding it. Random.org says Monday would be a good day for breaks. You can also try and resist the urge sometimes while you've got the diaper on, holding it a bit longer instead of peeing as soon as you feel it, as that will help make sure that whatever type of underwear you're wearing, you still have some decision in when you go. Treat it like a challenge.

B

BabyPandora

No in the sense that I've never been in a situation where I thought "I can't hold it." But yes in the sense that I find it extremely hard to keep a diaper dry for more than an hour. I mean, I can do it, especially if I'm not drinking much, but when I have the diaper on, I tend to just pee as soon as I feel a little tickle down in that region. Where you are, BabyPandora, is you've probably been wearing frequently enough that, like everyone is saying, you've got a mental effect going. You're just so used to relaxing in the diapers that you end up peeing without really thinking about it.

A word of caution. It is possible, through wearing too much and going too often, to give yourself a mild form of urge incontinence, especially if you make a point of forcing it. I say mild, but "mild incontinence" as a condition isn't very pleasant if it's not something you want to deal with and having to wear diapers sounds, at least to me, a lot less fun than wearing them only when you want to.

Since you're wearing a lot (and enjoying it) my suggestion is to take 1-2 days a week as diaper free days, so you have the chance to practice holding it. Random.org says Monday would be a good day for breaks. You can also try and resist the urge sometimes while you've got the diaper on, holding it a bit longer instead of peeing as soon as you feel it, as that will help make sure that whatever type of underwear you're wearing, you still have some decision in when you go. Treat it like a challenge.
Hmm, that's quite interesting. It sounds very plausible, I just might do that.

I do know that it would be very inconvenient to NEED diapers, I can't help but sense a slight thrill whenever I have trouble holding it in. Almost as if I'm trying to achieve some sort of goal. I think it would be best to take a couple days off, to get my mind back to "normal." Lol

blablafreckenlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Yeah I have had that effect though usually ti just comes down to me dribbling, for lack of a better term, in the diaper and not full on wetting it. I imagine it's a subconscious thing when you're wearing underwear you just sort of ignore the times you need to just dribble, but when you're wearing a diaper and you're in the mindset that you aren't going to use the toilet you break that subconscious block. At least that's the most likely explanation from my point of view some other reasons for this might be: 1. your legs are more spread out when you're wearing a diaper it's harder to naturally block the flow. 2. diapers are usually tighter than regular underwear the added pressure might do something. 3. You could also be subconsciously drinking more while wearing a diaper and you just don't pay attention to it.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
When I put on a diaper for the first few times as an adult I got so excited I wet them almost immediately. Now I can wear for long periods and not go in them. Today I actually made it over 4 hours. I went to work early and when I got the urge to go it was 20 past my lunch. Then I took lunch and went to the restroom. I do often wake up too late to make it to the bathroom. I can hold it in bed easily but as soon as I get moving it starts to come out. Also my body tends to send me less messages about needing to go. Like tonight I went to fill up the tub with bath water and started going in my diaper at the same time. I remembered it had been several hours since I went but could not recall a single hint that it might be time to go. When I am in public I still wear, but I usually get increased urges and go more often so I do not have to wet in front of people.

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Yeah, my bladder tends to feel looser whenever I'm diapered. Then when it warms up (double entendres! :cool:) I tend to go into autopilot. Conditioning does that.

Wellust

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Well if I go sit on the toilet without having to pee, I have to pee.

I don't think putting on a diaper is a very different effect than go sitting on the toilet. In both cases your body is trained to open the valves and dump it.

Allthough I don't know the exact meaning of it all, I would take the warning of Archieroni seriously, unless that's what you want, I have been having issues with some symptons of urge incontince by using diapers.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I pretty much wet as soon as I put the diaper on my self. Of I know I have the morning to myself and my roommate is gone the day, I will put on a heavy duty diaper like Dry 24/7 and pretty much immediately wet it. It is pretty rare for me to wear to bed, so my bladder is pretty full when I put one on. Also times when I get off work before her I may forgo using the restroom at work. Other times a friend of hers will come pick her up and they go out for a few hours. And if I have the time I will diaper, perhaps visit this site up and automatically start wetting. For me that is the point of wearing is I like the act of wetting, so bladder full or not it's coming out. So no your not at all alone.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Sudden urges are common. Is that OAB or is there more to it than that?.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Lemme explain. You're in regular underwear, you just went to the bathroom half an hour ago, then as soon as you put on a diaper, you have to go.

That's been happening to me lately. And it's getting worse and worse. As soon as I put on a diaper, I have to pee. And I'm getting closer and closer to completely losing control. Is this normal, or should I be concerned?
Actually, continued use and wearing diapers changes the way the brain sends signals if you need to go. It's not permanent, it can be reversed by not wearing diapers and holding the bladder. I'm very experienced in this because I go through the retraining process over and over.

The urges come more frequent and more urgent as you keep letting go at the first sign of an urge. Your bladder capacity decreases and your choice of not holding it will kind of trick the brain in to releasing it. Then you feel it coming down the pipe and when you try to stop it, it is probably past the prostate causing a more urgent feeling and a few droplets to escape.

Sometimes when I'm not free to wear or don't want to wear and don't want to deal with the frequent urges, I will try to hold it while wearing a diaper, just in case. Over a couple of days, your bladder capacity will increase, and the urges will be less dramatic.

rustypins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ever hear of Pavlov and his experiments with the dog? For those who haven't, Pavlov fed a dog and each time he would ring a bell. Soon it got to the point where he would just ring the bell and the dog would start drooling because he associated the sound of the bell with being fed. You are the dog in this situation and your diapers are the bell. No matter the fact that you just peed, when you get the diaper on, llike the drooling dog, you pee because you associate your diaper with peeing. Plain and simple.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So am I the odd one out? I've found if I have a light urge, if I pad up, that urge goes away. Now later (possibly not too long after) I may have to go, but for me at least, diapering up while under a small urge puts a lid on it for some reason.

Though I'm trying to get more "spontaneous" with my wetting, conditions permitting. If I'm at home and changing is simpler, and I get a sudden urge, I try to just "let fly" with as little thought and warning as possible. Risk is minimal being at home, if I leak, no big deal. Changing is no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.