Has Trump totaly lost the plot ?

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
American members ! Has your president totally lost the plot:heiscrazy: by acting like a spoilt kid and shutting down the government at Christmas just because he couldn't get his own way over the Mexico wall funding :laugh:
I thought our Brexit fiasco was laughable :laugh: but at least MRS May didn't threaten to shut the government down because MP's wouldn't vote for her plan
I can't see Trump making it to end of term :twocents::thumbdown:

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
or maybe he just wanted to give the government people a christmas vacation

BabyGurlAlexa

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
American members ! Has your president totally lost the plot:heiscrazy: by acting like a spoilt kid and shutting down the government at Christmas just because he couldn't get his own way over the Mexico wall funding :laugh:
I thought our Brexit fiasco was laughable :laugh: but at least MRS May didn't threaten to shut the government down because MP's wouldn't vote for her plan
I can't see Trump making it to end of term :twocents::thumbdown:
Honestly, did he ever have the plot. To be fair the Tories here are as bad they seem to be enjoying starving the poor. I think both countries are in need of general elections as both have incompetent people in charge

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Shutting down our government is not new. He and other presidents have done it before. In this case, he wants his wall to be part of a spending plan and this is his last chance to get it before the Democrats (liberals) take over one of our branches of government (House of Representatives). It is a crappy thing to do around the holidays but I heard that government employees are off Monday and Tuesday anyway and whenever this happens, the employees are given retroactive pay. It is a "partial" shutdown. Essential functions like airport security are not affected.

Regardless, yes, this is just another event in this guy's first term in office. It's been entertaining, to say the least. If our so-called mid-term elections are any hint of what is to come for his possible reelection in 2020, then he will have a tough time seeking another term. The first round of polling will be in February of 2020, so candidates will be lining up to oppose him probably starting in the middle or latter part of this year.

Stay tuned...

ORBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
This is his last chance to get money for securing our southern border. Recent caravans have shown that lots of people are happy to break our laws to enter the US illegally. Border security has been promised for a long time and just kept being kicked down the road. We are now at the end of the road. Time for the hard stand and to get the boarder secured.

kcandprog

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The guy is just a moron in a long list of morons called presidents. Do you really think Trump cares about a wall that much? This is purely a show to solidify his "popularity" with certain groups in America.
The only good president was JFK and possibly Washington (only because he denied his appointment as American King otherwise he was a shitty guy too)
Nothing has changed in politics, those at the top live in a society most of us will never know, so it is laughable to assume any of them are truthful, or even care about you.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I don't understand how this can even be a question.
LOL. Right! I mean, at this point, even if congress funded the wall, which seems very unlikely, Trump would still have broken his campaign promise, which was to have Mexico fund the wall. As I see it, the $5bn request from taxpayers is already a literal admission of defeat.

I'm not categorically opposed to border security measures, but sticking up a couple of hundred miles of wall would be a lot like banning assault weapons. It would accomplish almost nothing, except to allow certain politicians to claim that they'd done "something."

Border security, like gun control, requires a far bigger brain and more patience than our current moron President has. There needs to be a well-thought-out, comprehensive plan put forward before billions are committed to implementing anything.

jasonm03

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Every president including Obama built a part of the wall because Democrats are anti trump they refuse anything he wants to do. We need to have our boarders protected from illegals coming in to the county I’m not against immigration just illegal immigration

kcandprog

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Illegal immigration is a problem for almost every country on the planet. Putting a giant wall up is pretty fucking funny when it's more of and economics issue... The solution is to spend money because illegals aren't paying taxes? I mean I don't even care that they're not paying taxes as most of America's taxes go twords wargames and war r&d.

You know who needs to be taxed and have their entire swiss bank funds removed? CEO's and muti-billionaires. There is no economic crisis in this country, there is a LAW crisis in this country and an unfair tax crisis.

Banks are bailed out but legal and illegal lower class peoples are expected to fund most of the country themselves?

Maybe if we spent less money on nukes that never get used anyway and more money on boarder patrol and relations with Mexico this would be less of an issue.
I still don't understand both the right or left arguments for or against this... wall. Even the great wall of China didn't work forever.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
Honestly, I think the democrats have lost the plot. And that's saying a lot from me, as I am a democrat. I mean, why in gods name would you want to just open the borders with absolutely no regulation AT ALL as to who comes in? Why do we all the sudden have to be completely 100% politically correct? Why is the entire government run by stupid people on both sides who care more about getting paid than they do about actually making life better for people? I'm talking to you Republicans and Democrats, both of you.

This country in general has "Lost the plot" We have people protesting over shit that doesn't even matter, people being paid to protest, overshadowing the protests from people who actually have a legitimate cause to protest, we have people losing their jobs over political opinions, we have a massive combination of church and state which should be two separate things, we're so far in debt yet everyone wants to raise taxes to pay for things, and now, when our own citizens are living on the streets in boxes or under bridges, we want to just let everyone in and provide them free housing, food, and healthcare while saying fuck you to the people who are homeless who already live here, and give a fast pass to illegals making the people who are trying to come through legitimately have to wait even longer because some asshole couldn't get in line?

How ass backwards is all of that? Not to mention the whole gun debate and the total lack of mental health, and the manufactured opiod epidemic, created by the drug companies originally to make money only to have it blow up in their face and they pass it off like it's just some public problem that happened on it's own. . . Because somehow the newer addictive prescription pills were just magically created in someones backyard for people who have legitimate problems before they started taking them away when people got addicted and they took away all the old stuff so people who had problems had no where else to go. . .

So, TL-DR, the entire country is fucked. On both sides, both sides of the argument are stupid, there should be no argument in the first place, no matter what your position on it is, these "Problems" we have shouldn't have become problems in the first place, our borders should already be set up to allow people through legally in a timely manner without forcing people to cross illegally while still enforcing the law, our medical system should already be able to handle modern medical problems, we shouldn't be this far in debt, we shouldn't need to raise taxes to fix problems, we shouldn't need to have the gun conversation, let alone the race conversation, but all of these things still exist because the government can't get over itself, both sides, conservatives and liberals and inbetweens, need to get the fuck over themselves and start compromising to agree on something that most people will be happy with, we're not going to make everyone happy, so make the majority happy and get over it or move to another country where you get your way. Democracy, the definition of Majority rule.

Last edited:

kcandprog

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The country "lost the plot" in the 1700's when land owners were the only ones who could vote. You're right Addy, politicians only care about getting paid.
It's also maintaining power they care about, democrats, republicans, rome, whatever you want to call this government it is built upon power structures that have been around the block a few times.
These people will use all aspects of daily life for "lower classes" to meet their ultimate goals. I don't see a difference between "Game of thrones" and modern politics. I'm sure the top upper-class all plot against each other, but I really don't see a two party division, it's a two-party system for a reason... Keeps the voting where influencers want it, what democrats want might also be what republicans want to an extent.

If you do not understand your enemy you will not win, as a lower-class person I do not know my enemy to the extent I'd like, I never lived in that society.
Everything in politics is an illusion to the fact that the majority holds power, in law this illusion is broken.

Keep a people divided and fighting each other, or enslaved to a doctrine and you will command armies.

Andybun

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
$10 Billion for a wall. Really? If there's a will, there's a way to get over/under it. Seems to me like that much money would be better spent elsewhere.
Being born, raised and having grown up next to the inner German 'iron curtain' on its western side till my starting teens, I cannot agree much more.
If people wanted to leave the former German Democratic Republic they found a way and even took the danger of being shot by the eastern border patrol. Ironically, being shot dead was the better option even compared to end up in one of the infamous so called 'Stasi - torture prison camps' in the East.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
Why is the entire government run by stupid people on both sides who care more about getting paid than they do about actually making life better for people?
Think about it. The real problem with our representatives is that they are doing exactly what we elected them to do. They appear to be stupid because they are honestly representing us, and we aren't too bright. We know how to argue but we don't know how to settle arguments reasonably. We vote for people based on how many of their questionable opinions match our questionable opinions. If elected, we expect them to relentlessly fight for those opinions. And they do.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Well... as much disdain as I have for "the mentally-deranged US dotard"... it's actually one of the more logical and predictable things he's done. As sad as it is for liberal democracy, he did promise to build a wall before he was elected. :-/

And, as Scaramouche says, US government shutdowns aren't that unusual. I was astounded the first time I heard about it, but it's a quirk of the American political system. Nowhere near as crazy as May's "my way or the highway" Brexit deal.

She's in danger of shutting down the whole country, with no plan as to how to start it up again!

Trump in 2015: I'm going to build a wall.
Trump in 2018: I'm going to build a wall.

May in 2016: We must REMAIN in the EU at all costs!
May in 2017: We must LEAVE the EU at all costs!

As May's negotiations have endured, her "red lines" have been all over the place, businesses and NHS workers have fled the country, and the pound has tanked. There's no long-term solution for the Ireland border. Scotland wanted to remain in the EU, and a referendum for them to leave the UK was already likely. I can see Northern Ireland and Scotland leaving the UK and re-joining the EU!

Remember when Brexiteers were telling us how much money we'd save by not being in the EU? All that money for the NHS, a "Brexit dividend"... And what are they telling us now? "Yes, it will be bad, but we'll survive." And those are the supporters of Brexit! The kind of Brexit we're going to get will be one that pleases no one. :wallbash:

Brexit is happening because Conservatives were defecting to UKIP. David Cameron gambled on a referendum to force the issue. The political classes assumed that everyone wanted to remain and barely bothered to campaign for it. Rational people had no idea how to assess the complexities of international trade so they didn't vote. But millions of others saw it as a chance for a protest vote, or a blind leap of faith because "well, it couldn't get any worse".

The Leave campaign had significant illegal funding. Russian involvement in influencing the result has now been proven. And the Cambridge Analytica scandal proves how the referendum was won (by a whisker) based on mis-information and lies. Investment in the country is dwindling, and the pound is tanking. The crumbling NHS is facing yet another crisis as immigration is down and lower-paid workers are returning to their home countries.

And Theresa May, who campaigned heavily to remain in the EU, is now threatening to drive the country off a cliff-edge with a WTO-rules "no deal"... The kind of thing that Jacob Rees-Mogg said was a good idea all along, while everyone said he was crazy! And now it's supposed to be "the will of the people"!? Even Putin is

So... yeah... Trump is crazy and there's lots to say about him... but shutting down the US government doesn't come close to the omnishambles of fuckwittery that is Brexit. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Think about it. The real problem with our representatives is that they are doing exactly what we elected them to do. They appear to be stupid because they are honestly representing us, and we aren't too bright. We know how to argue but we don't know how to settle arguments reasonably. We vote for people based on how many of their questionable opinions match our questionable opinions. If elected, we expect them to relentlessly fight for those opinions. And they do.
:laugh: :clapping: :worshippy:

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Well... as much disdain as I have for "the mentally-deranged US dotard"... it's actually one of the more logical and predictable things he's done. As sad as it is for liberal democracy, he did promise to build a wall before he was elected. :-/

And, as Scaramouche says, US government shutdowns aren't that unusual. I was astounded the first time I heard about it, but it's a quirk of the American political system. Nowhere near as crazy as May's "my way or the highway" Brexit deal.

She's in danger of shutting down the whole country, with no plan as to how to start it up again!

As May's negotiations have endured, her "red lines" have been all over the place, businesses and NHS workers have fled the country, and the pound has tanked. There's no long-term solution for the Ireland border. Scotland wanted to remain in the EU, and a referendum for them to leave the UK was already likely. I can see Northern Ireland and Scotland leaving the UK and re-joining the EU!

Remember when Brexiteers were telling us how much money we'd save by not being in the EU? All that money for the NHS, a "Brexit dividend"... And what are they telling us now? "Yes, it will be bad, but we'll survive." And those are the supporters of Brexit! The kind of Brexit we're going to get will be one that pleases no one. :wallbash:

Brexit is happening because Conservatives were defecting to UKIP. David Cameron gambled on a referendum to force the issue. The political classes assumed that everyone wanted to remain and barely bothered to campaign for it. Rational people had no idea how to assess the complexities of international trade so they didn't vote. But millions of others saw it as a chance for a protest vote, or a blind leap of faith because "well, it couldn't get any worse".

The Leave campaign had significant illegal funding. Russian involvement in influencing the result has now been proven. And the Cambridge Analytica scandal proves how the referendum was won (by a whisker) based on mis-information and lies. Investment in the country is dwindling, and the pound is tanking. The crumbling NHS is facing yet another crisis as immigration is down and lower-paid workers are returning to their home countries.

And Theresa May, who campaigned heavily to remain in the EU, is now threatening to drive the country off a cliff-edge with a WTO-rules "no deal"... The kind of thing that Jacob Rees-Mogg said was a good idea all along, while everyone said he was crazy! And now it's supposed to be "the will of the people"!? Even Putin is

So... yeah... Trump is crazy and there's lots to say about him... but shutting down the US government doesn't come close to the omnishambles of fuckwittery that is Brexit. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Tiny , get over it , you remainders lost the vote end of !!! And May has made a Up fcuk of the negotiations

BabyGurlAlexa

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little

- - - Updated - - -

I have never known a Tory wo isnt a lying, cheating hypocrite