Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
  6. Other
Hesitation?! At some time or another I want to buy diapers or a baby item, but something pulls me back. I don't get it Has this ever happened to you?

this has happened to me several times. i would be in a store and see a baby item i really wanted and not get it due to what would the cashier think, or what would other people think if they saw me with this particular item in the store and me with no baby. also i feel really awkward buying things like that for myself, the only reason i have a bottle now is cause it was a free sample that my wife got as a promotional of that new type lol. however i have gotten use to buying my wipes and baby powder, so maybe someday that feeling will pass for the rest too.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not anymore because I order online. What does bother me though is that my items go through my mum first!

I just give her the "you stay out of my mail and I'll stay out of yours. Simple".

heh... you living with her, or she living with you? ;)

MikiaFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
I use to buy diapers in a Pharmacy, never actually put me off. If someone laughed or smirked about it. Then I'd just tell them to do their job properly or I'd tell a manager. As for baby items, I ain't got any other than a Plush.

C

CrinklySiren

the only thing that has ever caused hesitation in me is wondering whether im impulsively buying or not lol or checking my bank account hehehe

Valkyrie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Many a time have I nervously paced the aisle next to the adult diapers wondering what the hell I'm doing lol

shertion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Once I went to but baby pull ups and the cashier was like "Should I put your ...uh... pull-ups in a bag?" I could sense some hesitation since I'm at an age where I'm too old to have a brother/sister of that age and too young to have children...

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
It is happening right now! I have the money. I even have a clear window to get them in my house without anyone knowing. I could even get my favorite diapers, but for some reason I can't seem to do it.

Maker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I remember getting really anxious the first time I ordered online and went to package in the college mailroom. I started having crazy irrational thoughts about what if the package was somehow non-discrete, while other students were standing in line.

RadioactiveSquirrel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
The hesitation drives me insane! The embarrassment is usually so bad for me when I'm in public that I end up not buying them at all! That's why I switched to ordering online. Not only do I no longer need to worry about what people think, but the diapers I can get online are better anyway! :D

ScaredyCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I feel embarrassed every time, I can't get used for this. But never backed.
It's not so difficult to check out, merchants always cool with whatever you buy, and happy to get your money. The only trouble for me, to choose diapers with no panicking, as there's always someone from drugstore's staff behind my back with their importunate "can I help you?" questions. So I put on my headphones and do my best to ignore them, 'till check out.
Hey, babygohan, is this the first time you buying diapers?

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
No I've gotten diapers before. I just can't seemed to do it now. I was going to order online, but when I get to the check out screen I can't press order.

GryphonGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
If anyone is familiar with the store Meijer, they are open 24 hours so you can go late at night when there are little to no people ther and use their self check out. :)

askmelater47

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If anyone is familiar with the store Meijer, they are open 24 hours so you can go late at night when there are little to no people ther and use their self check out. :)

when i was like 15 or 16 i snuck out of my grandmas house at like 2am and did this at walgreens. Even in a different city, with literally nobody else in the store other than the staff i still felt nervous as hell and embarrassed doing it, though i was more talkative at the counter this time. Then i had to run across town, at night, carrying a bag of depends, which hardy bothered me at all(i guess since nobody was around and i could use the shadows to my advantage as i was anyhow) LOL!

I'm always somewhat anxious or nervous buying at the store, although I'd been getting more comfortable about it until i started ordering online 2 years ago. I guess you could say I've backed out a few times b4. Mostly I'd spend multiple trips to the store glancing over the selection(even though i already knew what was there) and make my mind up at home, then after like 5 trips I'd finally plan commit and do it.
Thanks to online ordering though, now i have no worries. I think getting older builds more confidence in doing things like this, anymore if someone asked me about diapers id tell them im a DL and explain it to them if they needed more info.

TheEpicTuba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other

Used to go there all the time, just stopped last week when I opened a PO box. Now I can get the better diapers. Unfortunately the Meijer near me stopped carrying the only depends I thought were half decent, (protection with tabs, plastic backed and never leaked on me) so I had to go to other methods. Also, to anyone else who may read this down the road, NEVER, EVER BUY MEIJER BRAND! I haven't had one that's not leaked badly. Decent for stuffer I guess. If your desperate, just buy the depends.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
Even though I could pass as a dad. I still get nervous when buying any baby products such as bib,bottle, pacifier etc. I try to order my diapers online but when I do buy adult diapers in the store I do get nervous. No cashier has asked me anything about them. But I'm so glad when the transaction is over and I'm out of the store.

When I get back out to my truck, it's like I just committed a robbery and I speed away from the store. lol

timidlythinking

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
When I was buying baby diapers it was easier because it seemed obvious that they weren't for me but when i finally upgraded to proper adult diapers my very first purchase the cash register wasn't working and i stood there for like five minutes, diapers in hand, waiting for the darn thing to work. it didn't, and I had to move a lane over. the ONE thought going through my head the whole time was "just play it cool, bro... it'll be fine..." I could feel the people around me staring suspiciously at thie teenage boy (they probably weren't though).

Raced home in record time.

nboy1631

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Even though I could pass as a dad. I still get nervous when buying any baby products such as bib,bottle, pacifier etc. I try to order my diapers online but when I do buy adult diapers in the store I do get nervous. No cashier has asked me anything about them. But I'm so glad when the transaction is over and I'm out of the store.

When I get back out to my truck, it's like I just committed a robbery and I speed away from the store. lol

Ive never brought any before for this very reason would hate to be caught id be so nervous to

GryphonGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur

I felt the exact same way the first time I bought a few weeks ago. I was imagining it as a mission of sorts, and I would feel like I won when I finally got back to the car. :p

PlasticPant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Yes, when I was younger. I'm now 51. Buying adult diapers when I was in my 20's was difficult a) because there wasn't the range available; and b) because suppliers were very far and few between; and c) because of a) and b) they were very expensive. However ... I quickly figured how to get round the situation, and use this tactic to this day:

a) go online and research suppliers I want to buy across the counter from - select suppliers definitely not on my doorstep, and equally not in a town too far - just far enough to make sure I don't run into anyone. make a phone call to them the day before to check they have stock - this will save a wasted journey;
b) turn up a few minutes after they open on a Saturday morning to make purchases (they're less likely to be busy then - don't know why, but definitely the case early on Saturdays);
c) make sure I have a sportbag (or thick/strong black bin bags) with me big enough for purchases (incl diapers), as often the carrier bags are thin enough to see through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.