Has anyone tried the cloth backed cushies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebFox

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I recently ordered a case of cloth backed cushies. I was wondering though, has anyone tried them last time they had them? I really like the prints on cushies, and they are my favorite ABDL diaper. Anyways I was wondering how they differ with today's baby diapers. Does the cloth backing make it feel like a soft pamper? Do the tapes hold? How much do they hold? Any info would be greatly appreciated! ^^

apoptosis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am very excited for them. Cushies don't hold up very well if you wear the same one a bunch of times, but they are incredibly cute, and I've always liked cloth-backed a lot more. I'm so excited to get a cloth-backed abdl diaper. sadly, I haven't tried cloth-backed cushies before. I'm ordering them early next year c:

Jbradshaw90

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I've got sum plastic back cushies but never got to order the cloth ones but the Abu cushies and super dry kids are my favorite diapers hehe

RouteLeader

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I managed to get some cloth Cushies at a bargain price on eBay even though I am in the UK. After trying them, I was amazed by how soft, comfy and snug they are. The single tapes are also fantastic and really strong. But these diapers are not very thirsty and will only hold a few wettings.

TypicalFloof

Little floof in a big world
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
That's really cool, I didn't know Cushies are available cloth backed!

CalebFox

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Yeah they did them last year, but I recently got a job. So I can actually try them now ^^

BryanGoodnite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I still have a few left (plan to order more) and they're so much like a modern baby diaper, imho. I especially like the velcro style tapes because you can refasten them easily over and over, just like a real baby diaper and unlike the plastic backed Cushies.

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I think they are the most useful product I've encountered recently. Their tabs release very quick, and this is very handy for someone with urge incontinence who has access to a restroom. In a care-giving environment, the front panel makes for a very easy placement of the tabs without the need to guess. They have a cost of roughly $1.50 each, but they are well worth the price due to the extended wear capabilities. The tabs can be fastened and re-fastened repeatedly, while still maintaining their shape and durability. I have noticed very little, if any, padding shift or clumping on this product. It is a true 8 hour diaper, which will still allow sufficient freedom to use a restroom when possible. This may very well be the best incontinence product on the market. I only wish that ABUniverse could market a plain white version for clinical and general use. But, I will take the graphics anyway, because I have had such a good experience with them.

apoptosis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think they are the most useful product I've encountered recently. Their tabs release very quick, and this is very handy for someone with urge incontinence who has access to a restroom. In a care-giving environment, the front panel makes for a very easy placement of the tabs without the need to guess. They have a cost of roughly $1.50 each, but they are well worth the price due to the extended wear capabilities. The tabs can be fastened and re-fastened repeatedly, while still maintaining their shape and durability. I have noticed very little, if any, padding shift or clumping on this product. It is a true 8 hour diaper, which will still allow sufficient freedom to use a restroom when possible. This may very well be the best incontinence product on the market. I only wish that ABUniverse could market a plain white version for clinical and general use. But, I will take the graphics anyway, because I have had such a good experience with them.

This is awesome! I'm getting really excited about these. And when I get excited about something, I never shut up about it...that's why I have an account on here haha

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I managed to get some cloth Cushies at a bargain price on eBay even though I am in the UK. After trying them, I was amazed by how soft, comfy and snug they are. The single tapes are also fantastic and really strong. But these diapers are not very thirsty and will only hold a few wettings.

Maybe only a few wettings as compared to Abena, but they hold far more than the Tranquility ATN's, and that's from my experience. On my last post, I forgot to mention that the non-woven Cushies have a GREAT deal of absorbency, compared to any adult incontinence "brief" offered from the major companies. The Chinese did their homework when they designed this product, and only one person/company took advantage of it. The intended result, was something for age play between a guy and his girlfriend/wife. Or, a neuro-typical who wants to satisfy his fetish.

But what actually turned out was... a product that just plain WORKS for someone who is likely to experience incontinence on an intermittent basis, and needs something that is actually reliable, and can hold up in a high-pressure situation. For me, this product does just that. Airplanes and stars aside, I fully intend to keep a stash on hand, for just in case I end up incapacitated and require a caregiver. Their application will be self explanatory to any nursing assistant for a situation when I am totally incapacitated. At the very least, fastening them for maximum leakage control will be easy. That, and the likelihood of bed sores will be decreased dramatically with this product.

ExtraFluff

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't understand why any of these specialty ab/dl diaper companies would make a cloth-backed diaper. I'm surprised that such a demand would exist for it as I would assume that plastic-backed would be overwhelmingly preferred among ab/dls. If someone wants a cloth-backed diaper, many "regular" brands offer that, so no need for any of these companies to do it.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Though I've since resolved to steer clear of ABU, I have to admit that I was quite impressed with the cloth-backed Cushies. They fit me very well and were super comfy.

Being as they are what babies wear anymore, I suspect the demand for a cloth-backed diaper will eventually reach the point where there will be a similar offering from Bambino, AwSoCute, or somebody else who isn't ABU. One can hope!

apoptosis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't understand why any of these specialty ab/dl diaper companies would make a cloth-backed diaper. I'm surprised that such a demand would exist for it as I would assume that plastic-backed would be overwhelmingly preferred among ab/dls. If someone wants a cloth-backed diaper, many "regular" brands offer that, so no need for any of these companies to do it.

Don't get me wrong-- I love Bambinos and the stuff that ABU currently has, but I have been waiting and waiting to have a cloth-backed abdl diaper. Since I wore cloth-backed when I was a small child and developed my penchant for diapers, cloth-backed are what feel the best to me. It best fits my mental prototype of what I have a fetish for, if that makes sense.

Sulqy117

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to love these diapers before i found teddy's. They're so cute and the tapes are amazing, they do feel like modern baby diapers. If i wanted to make these diapers perfect i would just add the stretchy waist line and boom, diaper perfection.

apoptosis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just preordered the cloth cushies. I know people here are apprehensive about ABU, especially with preorders. I love SDKs and I am fairly certain cloth cushies are exactly what i've been looking for. I'll tell you all when i get them!

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I recently ordered a case of cloth backed cushies. I was wondering though, has anyone tried them last time they had them?

I got a sample of two of them on my last abu order. They're not too bad. The tapes are a bit puzzling… they behave like strong velcro, but the hook end material on the tape is very fine, and the loop end on the diaper itself feels more like velvet. It takes the hook-n-loop concept to a very micro level, which somewhat surprised me. Holds well. Does make the front panel a bit stiffer than I'd care much to sleep in, I sleep with my hands down on my hips, so having a rough diaper front can irritate my wrists at night.

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The tabs on the cloth-like Cushies are exactly the same as found in Luvs, and many other similar baby diapers. They also have the same feel as a typical toddler diaper, except for the lack of stretch sides. Overall, I consider their design to be excellent, same goes for their reliability and how well they hold up to long wearing durations.

Status
Not open for further replies.