Has anyone noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Has anyone else noticed that Cartoon Networks new shows all look the same, im talking about shows like Total Drama Island, Total Drama Action, 6teen, and their newest coming show, Stoked. They all look like the exact same characters except with different hair and different themes, the same voices, and completely similar situations and settings. What on earth is happening to Cartoon Network.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Oh my goodness, 4 shows starring teenagers are similar?! Dear God! Those aren't very many shows, there is plenty more on. Of course the two Total Drama ___'s are going to be similar...

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Of course the two Total Drama ___'s are going to be similar...

Yeah that I can clearly understand because Total Drama Action is a sequel to Total Drama Island, but im mostly talking about the other shows, Im just using these two shows as an example because in shows like 6teen, and Stoked, they all look like the exact same characters except with different styles and all these shows have the exact same art style and exact same voices.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Has anyone else noticed that Cartoon Networks new shows all look the same, im talking about shows like Total Drama Island, Total Drama Action, 6teen, and their newest coming show, Stoked. They all look like the exact same characters except with different hair and different themes, the same voices, and completely similar situations and settings. What on earth is happening to Cartoon Network.

6Teen is actually an older show that was on Nickelodeon for awhile.
And you're forgetting about Chowder, Flapjack, Secret Saturdays, Clone Wars, and all the shows on Saturday mornings.
I kinda stopped with Cartoon Network.
I'm a Nick fan, myself. xD

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Easy, all of those show are made by the same person so their going to have things in common, like same voices, settings and situations.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I was really kind of pissed that they ended Kids Next Door and Fosters. Alas, all good things do come to an end. My bigger complaint is how high Adult Swim has turned the suck level up lately.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I was really kind of pissed that they ended Kids Next Door and Fosters. Alas, all good things do come to an end. My bigger complaint is how high Adult Swim has turned the suck level up lately.

Yup Adult swim sucks now. The only time I watch it is on Saturday night. And I can't believe they ended Foster's that was a really good show.

B

Butterfly Mage

Animation quality for most cartoons has gone straight to hell too. I hardly ever watch CN anymore.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
I'm glad we don't have CN here.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I gave up on it too. They kept changing the scheduling. I liked Robot Chicken and Aquateen Hunger Force, I think that's right. Anyway, I'd toon in and see something else. After a while, I just didn't think to try.

Last edited:

DHLA40

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It was a sad day when CN stopped playing the classics. Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and the other MGM cartoons, etc... Then Boom came in and filled that crevice.

Aaaaahhhhh.......:sweatdrop: Good cartoons again.

Now, to my disgust, it seems like Boom is playing only the cartoons that sprang from CN back in the '90s. Johnny Bravo, Dexter, et. al.

Hmmmph! :badday:

I stopped watching CN, and Boom and got the Looney Tunes collection on DVD.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
It was a sad day when CN stopped playing the classics. Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and the other MGM cartoons, etc... Then Boom came in and filled that crevice.

Aaaaahhhhh.......:sweatdrop: Good cartoons again.

Now, to my disgust, it seems like Boom is playing only the cartoons that sprang from CN back in the '90s. Johnny Bravo, Dexter, et. al.

Hmmmph! :badday:

I stopped watching CN, and Boom and got the Looney Tunes collection on DVD.

I totally agree with you. The new cartoons are so lame. I do like the older ones though..like Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Duck Dodgers, ect. Sometimes Boomerang has the real old cartoons from Warner Bros. and Looney Tunes. I like the old Roadrunner and Bugs Bunny ones the best.

Triforceformer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
At least they still givve ed edd n eddy have a nice little slot, at 1:30 i think...when most kids who watch it are in school...except for 3 months of summer...

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I was a diehard fan of Nick from 94-2000 and the same with Cartoon Network from about 97-2004. I really feel sorry for the kids that have to watch this stuff.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I was a diehard fan of Nick from 94-2000 and the same with Cartoon Network from about 97-2004. I really feel sorry for the kids that have to watch this stuff.

I hear you bro, I was a hardcore fan of Disney channel, and when that changed, I started to watch Nickelodeon, but when they too decided to change everything on that channel, I moved to Cartoon Network to get my cartoonaholic fix, but now even that station is going into the hell hole, the only cartoons that I watch now are Family Guy, King of the Hill, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and the Grim adventures of Billy & Mandy.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I decided I was fed up with television a long time ago... Now I just torrent the seasons of Shows I like, watch them when I want, and I don't need to see the comercials... Or pay for a DVR....

I just recently finished the Chobits series, and the Metalocalypse series. Metalocalypse was amazing. I loved how it ended... And I listen to metal anyway so it was easy to bear.

krebstar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I feel like everybody is going to think that the cartoons they watched when they were a kid are better than the cartoons on now. I know I feel that way for sure. It's hard to tell whether we are blinded by nostalgia or if the shows on the air now really are worse.

They might be. I mean the stuff my younger sibs watch sometimes - shows like Suite Life of Zack and Cody, iCarly (okay those aren't cartoons... but still) - is just god awful imo, the acting is bad, the writing is bad, etc. etc.

I do like Flapjack though.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
They canned the powerpuff girls and fosters and camp lazo, maybe the last 3 high quality cartoon's left on the next work. Code Geass and everything else in adult swim is lame. They got rid of all the good shows.

Sealab 2021 was a great show. :(

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
*swears loudly to the sky* WHAT HAPPENED TO TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES?! God I hate those shows...They are all poor implementations of drama in cartoons. 6Teen is horrible, Total Drama Island is extremely stupid...I hope someone gets a damn handle on the network soon...

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I hear you bro, I was a hardcore fan of Disney channel, and when that changed, I started to watch Nickelodeon, but when they too decided to change everything on that channel, I moved to Cartoon Network to get my cartoonaholic fix, but now even that station is going into the hell hole, the only cartoons that I watch now are Family Guy, King of the Hill, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and the Grim adventures of Billy & Mandy.

The only show on CN that is shown regularly that's worth a flip is Johnny Test. Courage and Billy and Mandy are great shows but I don't see them that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.