has anyone had covid in here? like what was your road to recovery like?

landingxray

Est. Contributor

I swore I had it but not very likely since I was sick in late January in rural Minnesota. That would have probably been too soon.

I also heard that the regular flu strain was quite bad over the winter. So it was probably just the flu bug. Whatever it was, it sure knocked me on my ass for the better part of a week.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
landingxray said:
My friend had it he has stuff like asthma and I think he vapes he was just fine had no trouble he tested positive 6 times but it was just like the flu he said

BlizzardKid said:
I swore I had it but not very likely since I was sick in late January in rural Minnesota. That would have probably been too soon.

I also heard that the regular flu strain was quite bad over the winter. So it was probably just the flu bug. Whatever it was, it sure knocked me on my ass for the better part of a week.
I work in retail and there are several people that have claimed to have it as early as December last year because the doctors couldn't even diagnose it as the flu and didn't know how to treat it.

Its so multifaceted. It see stories of people dying and stories of people being asymptomatic

Depends on the person honestly.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Amandaeli and landingxray
Oh, I just opened a new topic about Covid, oops!

Every story is different. Some people get really sick and some people don't even notice it. I had Covid around 8 weeks ago. I felt really tired, had a really bad headache, had a uncomfortable feeling on my chest and sometimes breathing was hard. But I'm still alive haha!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, TheMoreYouKnow and Left
I think I had it, but it was only one day of sneezing, runny nose, lost of taste/smell, headache, and severe tiredness. Actually, the tiredness lasted 2 or 3 days but everything else was gone after that first day except for the lack of taste/smell. I didn’t think it was Covid because it wasn’t bad like all the stories I heard. However, that was the day after Fathers Day and I still don’t have my taste and smell back. It has been 7 weeks and I still taste nothing which is super frustrating. This is why I am pretty sure it was COVID.

My parents that are late 50s, one had no symptoms and the other had a fever and headache for 3 days. Me, I had night sweats, felt weak and tired during the day for a week but I would just drink coffee (usually don’t) and it pushed me through no big deal.

My wife and I had it twice. The second time had much worse lasting effects than the first

• Wow
Yeah I had it and when I noticed I was struggling to breath I really started to panic googling youtube videos about what to do what position I could get in to breath I considered calling for help but I ended up just doing my best to take breaths for the next six hours or so... I had to sit in this weird position in my chair leaning up against my wall and holding very still because it seemed to be the only way i could take a breath after that I moved to the room near the kitchen to do my best to quarantine and not get my little brother sick it took a long time to feel normal again and I think the covid pneumonia has permanently damaged my lungs because when I take out the trash or go on a walk breathing gets harder than it used to once again.

PaddedInEastvale said:
I think I had it, but it was only one day of sneezing, runny nose, lost of taste/smell, headache, and severe tiredness. Actually, the tiredness lasted 2 or 3 days but everything else was gone after that first day except for the lack of taste/smell. I didn’t think it was Covid because it wasn’t bad like all the stories I heard. However, that was the day after Fathers Day and I still don’t have my taste and smell back. It has been 7 weeks and I still taste nothing which is super frustrating. This is why I am pretty sure it was COVID.
Wooo i hope you are better now

Fulldiaperwaddler said:
My friend had it he has stuff like asthma and I think he vapes he was just fine had no trouble he tested positive 6 times but it was just like the flu he said
Multiple tests, or do you mean he got the virus six times?
Also the symptoms are all different, most of the time there are little to no symptoms or just flu-like symptoms, but of course, there are more severe symptoms and many are hospitalized.

My experience with covid was similar to the flu. It just felt more depressing as my house is pretty empty. I make a lot more food and gained a lot more weight, so I’d suggest exercise if you can. It’s hard to move around when you have the flu, so that would be highly unlikely.

O yes, most importantly lost of taste and smell. I stopped eating junk like pizza and ramen bc it tasted bland. Also ya shouldn’t go outside (no brainer but stats suggest otherwise)

Last edited:
Like the flu, but without being able to taste or smell. That was a bummer

Last edited:
Reactions: Amandaeli
My daughter , her husband and 3 children had it, she is still weak and tired, worst was one of my best friends went deer hunting and one of the guys had it and didn't know until that evening when his wife called. By then my friend was already feeling sick, drove 3 hours home, picked up his wife and went straight to hospital. Turned out his wife got it from him and they were both hospitalized for 2 weeks. She was sent home at Thanksgiving he was transferred to a bigger hospital, and died 3 days later. He was very healthy and in good shape. it must have been a bad strain, She is an RN and unplugged his machine and he never even tried to take a breath, gone that fast. I have tried to stay away from people since then!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and TheMoreYouKnow
Hi! It's an individual thing. I took it easy enough, just no smells and a very bad headache, but my husband only had a fever, he slept a lot for a few days because he felt bad, but then everything was better.

I had it, I had a bad cough and a headache for about 2 days accompanied by a small bout of diarrhea here and there. It really wasn't that bad, I was just pissed off the whole 2 weeks from being bored and missing out on OT at work. I tell you what, living in a small travel trailer is awful when you're forced to spend every hour of every day in there, although I did escape and go hike around the property I'm parked at (don't worry, its super secluded and I was alone)

It was not fun at all. The only thing about it was that I lost a lot of weight because I couldn't smell or taste anything and I had the runs to the bathroom. I had a low grade fever that annoyed me to no end. Between the sore backside from the diarrhea and that low grade fever, I was not in a good mood at all.

Yep, beenere, dunnat. Here's my story; get comfy, it'll put you to sleep...

2 December, 2020: I'm out shopping and my daughter calls me on the cellphone: "Dad, I tested positive for COVID, so did [middle granddaughter]". This concerned me because, at that time, I was babysitting my grandkids daily. "Okay, I'm calling in for a test, right now", I told my daughter and then called the clinic, which had an immediate slot open, so in I went and got my sinuses jabbed. Owwie!!!

What'd happened? After Thanksgiving, my daughter's workplace decided to unwisely have an employee potluck lunch and everyone brought something; one guy brought in shawarma, along with pita bread, plates and plasticware. He didn't know it at the time but he was COVID-positive and he ended up the Typhoid Mary which knocked out almost 90% of the workforce and their families. By Friday, everyone in my daughter's house had the symptoms; I informed my live-in landlord, who graciously allowed me to stay, provided I used my bleached-wipes at every opportunity and stay isolated. I did...gratefully (nobody else in the home got it, thankfully).

Early Saturday afternoon, a text arrived from my clinic: "Your test result is POSITIVE; please self-quarantine and login to Your Portal and review your Messages". Well, I knew it...largely because, earlier that morning, my hour-long fevers started: one hour, you'd be at 101 degrees, the next hour: back to normal, repeat. Overall, I felt fatigued, slight nausea but no vomiting. One unusual thing I noticed: a very heavy, dull, achy pain where my neck & shoulders join...a pain which slowly migrated down my back over 5 days and that was the most painful part. But my biggest worry was my breathing, since this was the time of year I was prone to get severe bronchitis or pneumonia. For that, I kept a vigilant eye on myself...

Sunday: back pain was upper-mid and was agonizing! From wake-up to about 90 minutes, excruciating pain. I sat up in-bed, took three ibuprofens and waited...25 minutes later, during The Brady Bunch, the pain suddenly stopped, like someone just flicked a switch! Just like that. I shook my head, shrugged, went on with my Day in Quarantine...and by 4:30 pm, while coping with the fever-waves, I lost all sense of taste & smell. This isn't like when you get the cold, how you can still detect something you eat or smell...with COVID, those senses totally vanish. Gone. Even with clear sinuses. You can put hot salsa on your tongue and not feel it or sense it at all. Smelling salts, dirty diapers, whathaveyous...zip-PAH. That lasted for five days total and then it all gradually came back over a couple hours' time.

Once the worst had gone by and my delirium-sleep had passed, I was well enough to go visit the rest of my family, who also all had COVID. That alone helped make the quarantine experience so much more bearable because even the most-private of us, including myself, still need some human contact. Not sure where I'd be mentally if I'd never had that going on.

During my quarantine time, when not gabbin' here or watchin' TV, I'd go to the CDC website and read up on protocol: seems the CDC decreased the mandatory quarantine time from 14 to 10 days somewhere along the way, but I still went the full 14 before joyously stepping out and getting groceries. I'll never look at another shopping trip through dull eyes again. Ever. By December 17, I was free. And freedom never felt so good, something the majority of people who haven't yet gotten COVID--especially the COVID-hoaxers or narcissistic, spoiled morons like Ammon Bundy--could ever understand or appreciate.

And Christmas: the best ever! We could all finally enjoy the day, taste & smell the food. We'd all made it through. And all COVID left me was a slight case of bronchitis, which Doc gladly gave me a Z-pack and albuterol to fight. Otherwise, my breathing was never compromised.

A slight aside: at about 2:30 am on Christmas Day, as I slept on my kids' couch, my grandkids all got up and tried to begin their Christmas Day! I got up, saw what was going on, shushed them all quickly, told them Mom & Dad were in bed and it was waaaaaay too early! They saw the clock, miraculously agreed, got their blankets and they all dogpiled on top of me, quickly falling asleep in a mass of very warm, little bodies cutting Zzzzzzs.

I didn't care at all. I fought COVID...and won. I felt like I could take anything on.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Back