Has anyone got away from there urges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi all
Some days I wake up in my nappy thinking why can't I just be normal and refuse to wear a nappy for a week or so then I end up falling back to them and round and round it goes like a vicious circle
I was wondering if anyone who has been a ab/dl has ever moved on from there urges for nappies ect and lived a normal life
Sorry if this seems a bit dark it's just sometimes I see me self never beening happy and living a normal life because of this
Thank for any help

AuraBlaze

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
It's called the Binge and Purge cycle. It's common enough that I will hesitantly say that everyone goes through it at some point. During a binge, you accept your fetish to what can be an excessive level, and enjoy yourself doing it. During a purge, the exact opposite happens. You feel uncomfortable with it, avoid it, and may even go so far as to throw associated items away.

My recommendation? During a binge, enjoy yourself, during a purge, put your diapers away and ignore them for awhile. The urges will eventually return.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This was answered perfectly.nothing much to add here. Our guilt related to wearing diapers is still embedded in us from a young age of being potty trained. We were taught that diapers were not acceptable. Even though is been a long time since that age. The general social law is diapers are for babies. The guilt can be overwhelming sometimes causing binges. After a while, your desires are returned resulting in purges.

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Thanks for the help
Has anyone got any tips on how to accept my self

SleepyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
well, it's a part of you; what other choice do you have?

how you play the game is your choice, but sometimes you gotta play the hand you're dealt. just because you don't have the best hand, doesn't mean you can't win.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I did in my teens. I put it all away in 6th grade and pretended I was not into it anymore and didn't have any interest. But once we got the internet back I would occasionally go into the diaper sites and then I was doing it all the time at age 15 and clearing my history. Then I started wearing when I was 17. I just lucked out I didn't have to struggle with this because my ex boyfriend accepted it and my last one was incontinent and my husband is a AB/DL.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Hi all
Some days I wake up in my nappy thinking why can't I just be normal and refuse to wear a nappy for a week or so then I end up falling back to them and round and round it goes like a vicious circle
I was wondering if anyone who has been a ab/dl has ever moved on from there urges for nappies ect and lived a normal life
Sorry if this seems a bit dark it's just sometimes I see me self never beening happy and living a normal life because of this
Thank for any help

The urge that I got away from was to try to supress this and it has been so much better than striving against it. This particular urge is abnormal, strange, weird, whatever. That doesn't make it bad and in the scheme of things there are many others with urges that don't fit in with social norms, so in that sense I think it could be considered "normal" if that's important. Regardless, not a harmful urge. There will always be things about us that make us more and less attractive to one person or another. This one doesn't help all that often but it's hardly insurmountable, as we see from the many threads and posts from people who are happily adjusted either by themselves or with others. Focusing on how you manage this is far more effective than trying to squelch it. It's a part of you and it can be a positive part if you address it properly.

The first step is telling yourself that it's okay and start looking for ways to make it positive in your life since it's not going anywhere. Practically, the most effective approach for me has been to make friends in the community. You don't need to discuss diapers with them necessarily, but knowing that you share this with others that you know (rather than just refer to on a message board) can be very helpful and friends are always good.

Babica

Owner: Babica Products Ltd.
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Tough one, I experience swings a lot. I think most of us wish we were "normal" at certain points, but we are who we are. I am working on building a community, online, as well as locally, so I don't have to hide this as much. In my opinion, that's the only thing we can work on when it comes to binge and purge: to get other people in our life that support this side of us. I have a mommy, who at this point, would likely react to a "purge" with something like "Oh, no little one, you don't actually think I am going to let you out of diapers do you?" So my purge could get sidetracked :shrug:

Really, the binge and purge cycle does NOT come from our desires, but from our desires mixed with social taboo. I want to be normal because I want to walk down the street wearing the clothes I want to wear and feel like the people around me accept me. I want to be normal because I want to go to a bar and give somebody a look that says "I want you," and have them be thinking of the same thing as me-- to share sexual expression with another person who wants the same thing. Vanillas have this- they want penis/vagina sex, and this is actually their fantasy, in the same way having my diaper changed is for me.

I want shared experience. If I can have and share my sexual expression with others(which sometimes means being non-sexual, ironically) I will be fine, and I doubt I will purge under such circumstances.

So I am widening my social circle, attending local events and bringing people into my life that I can talk about my experiences with. It doesn't deal with the issue of public expression, but I think unless I want to be the man-baby of my city, I will be fine with discrete wearing. I will continue to insist that all of you reach out socially, on a local level, because I truly believe having a strong social network is essential for people who have desires to display publicly, struggle with loneliness, or feel ashamed of who they are. When you get out there, you start to realize that this is NOT a big deal to most people, and it lowers your binge/purge stress.

tiny

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've never really suffered from the "binge and purge" cycle... Mine has always been more of a "wax and wane"...

The fact of the matter is... that it's YOUR life! You can do whatever you want because there's no one you have to answer to but yourself.

No one has the right to judge you... unless you are doing something that affects their rights to a "peaceful" life. Wearing diapers in private is as wholesome an activity as you can think of, really! No one else is harmed; you aren't exposed to any crazy risks... How could anyone justifiably feel shame about any of that?!

Personally, I have discovered that I get a bit more... er... compulsive... about the desire to wear diapers when I've been particularly stressed or depressed.

As my anxieties have (slowly... gradually...) abated, I've felt much less desire to wear. Most of the time I just can't be bothered... and I don't miss it, really. I feel better; I get more stuff done. It will always be there (and I don't feel any need to suppress it), but every now and again... sometimes for several days in a row... I know that I will want to be diapered. No fluffy bunnies get harmed. C'est la vie.

keithandre1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I find myself being abnormal wearing diapers when i thought it was just me!!! and now i found other people here like me I come to think now we are all normal!!!!!! just difference that other peoples norm

diapered67

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have thought about this in the past. I have to ask myself what is normal? Normal for me is to be diapered because I enjoy wearing diapers. The urge for wearing diapers has never gone away for me, I may have had times when I did not wear diapers for periods of times. However I would always find myself back in a diaper.

I wear at home, school and out and about. I can go without diapers for a period of time, but I choose to wear. If you like something do it, do not stop living.... Enjoy what you can we only get one shot at this.

LovelyLily

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
It happens. I went though those cycles numerous of times and tried to quit so many times... it never works. I am on and off wearing diapers for over 20 years now. However.... to my surprise, I haven't wear a diaper since fall 2013... that's longest period I have gone without wearing one in many, many years. I really thought my DL side really went away for good...but now I start to think about it and missing it.... and now I am back (last time I log in here was 4 months ago!). =p

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi everyone
Thanks so much for the replys
I will try :)
Any of you local to me in berkshire

Moofassah

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This tends to happen to me more than I like, the thought of wanting to be "normal". But what really makes us different from other people? The fact that we enjoy acting like little kids, for one. But what does that really mean to you? It's something that gives me comfort and security. So, how is that different from other people, doesn't everyone have something they do to help them relax and unwind? We just have a different method of comforting ourselves as compared to others. It is a little out there, sure, but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

I always quit for a short time but always find myself sucking a paci sooner or later. But the binge and purge thing is part of being an abdl I guess, for me at least.. I mean, there are the few of us who live out our fantasies full time, but most of us either don't have that opportunity or in my case would not want to. I actually enjoy being able to take my diaper off, leave my plushies and toys at home and go out with friends.

Erm.. Well, sometimes I take my diaper off.

Right, that thing about binging and purging. Sometimes, I'll wear diapers 24/7, for months at a time. And then out of the clear blue just stop. Again, for months. It's how it's always been ever since I can remember. I know that usually right before I do quit, I have this feeling of deep guilt for no reason. I just feel wrong doing it.

I know this isn't the case, as we all know there is nothing wrong with being ABDL. Just like there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. But in these times we know that both of these things carry negative stigma due to complete ignorance. For most, I'm sure this is where this underlying guilt stems from.

In my opinion, I think you should do what makes YOU happy. Everything else will fall into place.

I don't think I'll ever give up being an ABDL, even if I cease to participate in my fetish. I believe that I can never rid myself of my inner child, I'll still be a little at heart. :eek:

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
It's such a nice feeling to know that I'm not the only one
Who has this
Thanks for the support everyone

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Another way to help smooth things out is to be more welcoming to your little/diapered side. You are probably like we all used to be at one point. We are reclusive with diapers, and it never has the chance to get out and be itself.

I started to be a little more out going. I started to do different activities while diapered. I went to a movie, went shopping, and many other things.

The first thing that you've got to get over is your fear of being noticed. Your enemy is usually yourself. No one is staring at people's butts to see if someone is wearing a diaper. Most people tend to look in front of them to ignore everyone else. People just go on with their day and do what they do. Just go ahead and diaper up and get out of your glass prison and introduce your little side with your grown side. Go to the movies, go eat somewhere, ride a bike, do something you like to do while wearing diapers, just be yourself and wear diapers. Play video games.

Just try to grow comfortable with yourself and you'd find that you feel less guilty about it.

bashfuldlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all
Thank for any help

If this helps, friend, know that I've felt just like you on many an occasion. Thanks!

IWANTHOTDOG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Diapers are just a catalyst to fulfill a certain desire. If you can figure out what that desire is, you should be able to come up with something more fitting for you that can replace diapers.

Babica

Owner: Babica Products Ltd.
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
@Iwantahotdog: I'm not sure I agree, because I have done so much personal work in my life, and reached places where I felt I loved myself, was loved by the people around, happy well-paying career, great friends, acceptance, etc. I still never found this went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.