Has anyone ever wanted to tell a friend about your AB/DL side?

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Over the past few years I have fully accepted my AB/DL side, and I now feel much better about myself. Lately however, telling friends about this side of me has been on my mind. At the moment nobody knows about my little side at all. I understand there's no need for my friends to know, and they may not even want to know. I would just really like someone who I can talk to about this in person. It doesn't have to be someone who is AB/DL, just someone I can trust who would be accepting towards me. I'm not looking for a relationship or a mommy, just someone I could talk to. We could just keep it as our little secret between friends, and if they had questions about this side of me I wouldn't mind discussing it.

I have a bunch of friends I hang out with, but only a few I would consider my best friends. I'm just not sure if I could trust them to keep this quiet, or if they would even be accepting of it. Best case scenario they would be accepting but they would probably look at me differently afterwards, or be constantly wondering if I'm wearing a diaper. Once I let the secret out I can't exactly put it back. Worst case scenario my friends would tell others and my secret would spread all over town, or they would be weirded out by me and wouldn't want to hang out anymore. I'm also not sure how my family would react. I'm not willing to lose good friends over this, but I can't stop thinking about it.

Talking to people on these forums is great and has really helped me, but I just can't shake the desire to talk to someone in person about by AB/DL side. I live in a small town so I doubt I would ever find another AB/DL person to be friends with. Has anyone else ever felt like this? How did you handle it? I've been thinking about leaving subtle hints like leaving my stuffies lying around so I would be discovered naturally. If my friends started asking questions I might be able to better predict their responses before I told them. I'm not sure if this is a good idea either though.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperboy27, MetalDan86, ShyBoo81 and 2 others
For sure I've thought about it, I've come pretty close to telling quite a few people, as well. In the end though, when it doesn't feel right I don't.

I would definitely say to go ahead with leaving "hints" out- stuff like stuffed animals for example isn't even specifically "ABDL," it's just a bit more relaxed and childlike. There's nothing super weird about people being tapped into their inner kid- plenty of my friends are open about having and sleeping with stuffed animals.

No one who doesn't already know will question it- stuff like that is just eccentric to the vast majority of people. I prefer to wear simpler, more childish clothing in public, and I've got some fun printed shirts I wear. I had an inside joke going with one of my friends related to Paw Patrol, and when we were at the mall I got both of us shirts, and we've both worn them in public for fun. Nothing weird about being happy, or having fun with friends.

Live a little, let that inner child breathe. Sometimes, it ends up being the life of the party 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperboy27, lulu22, MetalDan86 and 4 others
Yeah if I were to tell my friends I don't think I would just say it out of nowhere. If I left some kind of hints I think that would be easier. I'm just not sure if I should even try. I've always been a little on the childish side, and personally I never saw myself as fully "grown up". They are aware I like video games and cartoons, so my little side wouldn't be that big of a stretch, but me wearing and using diapers would probably be harder for them to accept. I guess if the conversation went that way I could tell them I'm a little without telling them about the diapers.

I really want to tell a few friends; but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I like to think and act like a real baby, but I don't know who I can trust and rely to treat me as a baby. I have disability and need some help with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: longallsboy
i have fought the idea of telling friends any secrets of mine, not knowing the reaction and potential fallout. so far the only people who know is on social media as customized and classified accounts. calssified being having account thag has no information about the user. and yes i used it wrong but im tired.

I’ve told three of my closest life long friends. We all free up together. None of them have had an issue with it.

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and richieboy
I did. I have a friend in California who also writes. My biggest writing project has its roots in a series of REALLY hokey ABDL fantasies (it’s long evolved and progressed beyond this, but anyway). Thus the early version had a LOT of diaper scenes, and he didn’t seem put off by them. Eventually I decided to just tell him why they featured so heavily. He was generally ok with it, and later told me he wasn’t really surprised given the content of the early stories.

Reactions: Diaperboy27, OriginalWetone and richieboy
Leaving stuffies out. I think is a good way to ease them into telling them..
Maby start with that then slowly leave a bit more, until you feel comfortable to sit and explain your thoughts and feelings..
Just be ready for the possibility they don't understand..
and remember. You are not alone. This is something that we all go through.

Reactions: PaddedRita and LilPaddedBunny
Chloris said:
Leaving stuffies out. I think is a good way to ease them into telling them..
Maby start with that then slowly leave a bit more, until you feel comfortable to sit and explain your thoughts and feelings..
Just be ready for the possibility they don't understand..
and remember. You are not alone. This is something that we all go through.
Thank you! Knowing I'm not alone definitely helps, and talking to people on here is great. I'm just thinking about the next step and telling someone I know.

I've been leaning towards leaving things out that don't immediately make you think "diapers". If there is any adverse reaction or even a hint of shaming from that, then I can just leave it there and not tell them. I know I don't need to tell anyone, but for some reason lately I've had a strong desire to just open up and tell someone, to get it off of my chest. I wouldn't want to ruin a friendship or become the talk of the town, but I would really like someone I could trust to discuss my little side with.

Last edited:
I told my best friend 5 years ago, she said it's ok, enjoy it! So I went to a counselor, he said it's ok, enjoy it! Now everybody knows and nobody cares.

Reactions: Diaperboy27
Katie2fingers said:
I told my best friend 5 years ago, she said it's ok, enjoy it! So I went to a counselor, he said it's ok, enjoy it! Now everybody knows and nobody cares.
I wish it would go that well for me. Some of my friends can keep a secret, but some of them like to gossip. So I'm not sure how long it would stay a secret if I started telling people. I also have no idea how they would react to it. They might just think it's a little strange, or they might think I'm some kinda weirdo and not wanna be around me anymore.

Reactions: Diaperboy27
I've told a few friends about it and a few have found out by accidently finding my diapers or noticing I was wearing. Never was a huge deal some were cooler about it than others and we always stayed friends.

First person I ever told that wasn't family was my first girlfriend. We were talking on the phone and I just told her I had a secret that I was embarrassed to share but wanted her to know. After some avoiding telling her I just said it "I like to wear diapers" she reacted with confusion but not in a bad way. After some explaining my love for diapers and how I still wet the bed she was cool with it.

I told my bestie a few years ago.
She is kinkfolk and involved in some other kink stuff. I knew our kink streams were getting close to crossing. I decided to go ahead and 'come out of the nursery ' to her instead of her finding out when streams accidentally cross.

There were so many times I thought she already knew and was waiting for me to tell her on my own terms. Had she seen a diaper peaking above my waistband? Whenever we went to Target we would end up in the toy aisle looking at Star Wars toys. She told me about a Ageplay panel one of the general kink groups here was doing. There was so many things she said over the years that thought she knew already.
Or she had no idea.

When I came out to her it went from "I had no idea" to "of course you are".

Over about 3 days we had 3 or 4 conversations about it. Introduced it to her, explained how my fucked up childhood encoded this into me, how it's both sexual like the cute and fluffy edge of BDSM, it's a visit to the only headspace I felt safe in, it's a near mediative thing for me, and how sometimes it's diapers, Pixar, and dino nuggies.

Since then she has set me up on a blinddate with a Mommy she knew. She will subtly Little me when it's the two of us, and she be subtle about it around others. I've spilled stuff before, she's joked that my Yeti tumbler is my sippy cup and I have to have a lid on my drinks when I'm at her place. Talking to me like I'm a kid about cleaning my plate, eating my veggies, etc, when she makes dinner, she hosted a onesie party (full length zip up kind).
I wouldn't call her my Big, but sometimes she's my adult.

This is a person who we have literally saved each other's lives before. We were bandmates at one time. She was in the hospital room when I lost my mother.

Coming out of the nursery to my bestie has been one of my best decisions ever. She was the first person who wasn't a sexual relationship with or in the Ageplay community that I told.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Teddy02, chiaochai, DPLuvAB and 2 others
I'm still good friends with a guy I've known since we were in second grade together--forty years ago. We've shared many very personal things with each other over the years, but my ABDL side isn't one of them. I think he would be completely accepting. My concern has more to do with his wife. Spouses inevitably talk to each other, and my friend's wife gossips like an elementary schooler on a playground. She's immature in a bad way. Trading secrets and weaknesses with friends can be a powerful bonding experience, and of course I'd like to think I could trust my friend to keep this to himself, but the risk outweighs the reward IMO. For now.

Cottontail said:
I'm still good friends with a guy I've known since we were in second grade together--forty years ago. We've shared many very personal things with each other over the years, but my ABDL side isn't one of them. I think he would be completely accepting. My concern has more to do with his wife. Spouses inevitably talk to each other, and my friend's wife gossips like an elementary schooler on a playground. She's immature in a bad way. Trading secrets and weaknesses with friends can be a powerful bonding experience, and of course I'd like to think I could trust my friend to keep this to himself, but the risk outweighs the reward IMO. For now.
I'm in a similar situation. The friends I spend the most time with hang out together as a group. I could probably trust some of them but others not so much. Even if I told one of the trusted ones, something as out there as my AB/DL side might be hard to keep secret. Even if some of them wouldn't let the secret leave the group, others would probably talk about it.

I have another friend who's not part of this group, and we have been good friends since we were very young. He's a pretty vanilla guy so I'm not sure how shocked he would be if I told him. Plus I'm not sure if he and his wife would be able to keep it a complete secret forever.

Maybe the next time my friends come over I'll give some very subtle hints and gauge their reactions. That might make it easier to decide if I should tell them or not.

Reactions: Cottontail
I've never told a close friend that I like to wear diapers, my family knows though. But my wife has told her closest girl friends that I wear diapers. The first few times we got together with them I felt a little uncomfortable or embarrassed that they knew but over time we all got to know each other and now I glad my wife told them. It's much nicer to be able to wear my diapers and rubber pants openly with others and not feel embarrassed or cause them to feel uncomfortable.

I know it has the possibility to blow up horribly in my face, but I still wish I could just tell my friends about my little side. It would make it easier for me to just be myself, and I would like to have someone I could talk to about this. I wouldn't go parading around them in diapers and onesies, that would be inappropriate. The most I would do is wear diapers under my clothes. I think being able to hold my stuffie in my arms while we watch videos, and not get strange looks, would be great.

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and LittleRen77
LilPaddedBunny said:
I know it has the possibility to blow up horribly in my face, but I still wish I could just tell my friends about my little side. It would make it easier for me to just be myself, and I would like to have someone I could talk to about this. I wouldn't go parading around them in diapers and onesies, that would be inappropriate. The most I would do is wear diapers under my clothes. I think being able to hold my stuffie in my arms while we watch videos, and not get strange looks, would be great.
Sounds like you have a pretty mature view of this and a good understanding of what is and isn’t socially acceptable. I would say if your friends don’t seem judge mental, and you have known them a long time it might be safe but only you can make that call. I can relate to wanting to be able to be open about things though. I have found participating in this forum to be a lot of fun and I wish I could tell friends what I have discovered here, but I haven’t for obvious reasons.
I have only told two friends: one at church who works with underprivileged kids and so has seen it before and isn’t bothered by it, and the writer friend I mentioned earlier. In neither case did I just up and blurt it out, I typically bring up the topic indirectly, see how they respond, and then based on that and my relationship with them, I either drop it or come out at a later time. And I typically talk about it very little, but it’s nice to have the option to.
I would think holding a stuffed animal could probably be fine in either case, just tell them it’s your mascot or your good luck charm. 🤔🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: Teddy02 and LilPaddedBunny
Many times I have wanted to share my 'little' side , but have not .
Years ago when my ex shared with me she enjoyed wearing diapers and liked playing as a baby , I loved her all the more.
I had no problem being the caregiver and we truly enjoyed our times in 'little -space '
Then she wanted children before we were truly ready , and since I wanted to wait , she left.
I am Christian and have never re-married , she requested for an approved annulment as she was Catholic and was not allowed to remarry without consent from the church.
Later I found out from my late parents she had remarried and had a couple of children .
I often think of her and I hope she is happy and well .
Our paths have never crossed in nearly 47 years and we still live in the same city .
Life -- so often the choices and paths we are to follow are truly preordained .
I often think how it would be now that being AB/DL & CG are more tolerant , and if the wisdom of the ages had been mine when she left.
Time , we can not change history.
Live for today my friends , be well and happy and follow your heart to wherever it may lead.
T. 💝

• Sad
Reactions: bigbaby, PaddedRita, Teddy02 and 1 other person
Back