KATRINA - 2005
RITA - 2005
GUSTAV - 2008.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Three quickly come to mind, even though they were downgraded to tropical storms when hitting the central Maryland area:

1972 - Agnes
1979 - Frederic
2003 - Isabel

Agnes did a lot of flood damage in the Baltimore area, even wiping out miles of railroad lines which paralleled rivers in the area. Some of them were never rebuilt. Frederic and Isabel did more wind damage than flooding, from what I remember.

The area was also hit hard by Hazel back in 1954, but I barely have memories of that storm.

~Pramrider

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've been though 3 of them also.

Andrew- 1992
Katrina- 2005
Wilma- 2005

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I got out of New Orleans about a day ahead of Katrina, and weathered it in Baton Rouge. I was disappointed to have slept through it.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hurrican Charly - 2004
Hurrican Frances - 2004 - Lost power for 4.5 days.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Bunches, Bell, Gloria and Bob come to mind but threre have been many more. Other floods like "82", ice storms & etc. too. Being fit, active and having many chainsaws, generators and skills I find disasters to be cash cows.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To many to name...

I think the worst was Fran though. I lost power for like 14 days then lols. I may not be 100% correct on that because I was younger, around 8 or something, IDK REALLY :(

/bad memory

Jeffry

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I have been threw Ike, and three of them on Florida, but i dont remeber the names, they hit the West Palm Beach area, its ware i lived, i still remember them all, Ike wasnt as bad in West Houston but it did hit hard in the east, i lost power for like a day, but most of my friends lost it for like a week, or so.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I too have been through too many to name having lived along Barnegat Bay. I remember one when I was a young boy. I went to bed during this terrible hurricane. When I woke up in the morning, my neighbor's roof was sitting intact in his backyard, A frame, shingles and all.

During another one, after the storm, my mom took me over to Seaside Park, N.J. A friend of her's had lost their entire house as it was swept out into the ocean. I will never forget what I saw as a young child. The woman had a child's sand sifter, and she was crying as she sifted the sand looking for her wedding ring.

When I was 11 in lived in Holly Park, N.J. I worked in a boat yard. Another hurricane hit. As the storm was winding down, the owner, my boss called my parents and asked for my help. I was this wiry slight kid. He had a gas driven pump, and all these 16' row boats, all filled to the gunwalls with water. I jumped from boat to boat landing on the wooden seats with the end of a long hose in my hand. I would put the hose into the water, and the pump bailed out the boats before they sank. The wind was still blowing hard and the rain was pelting down. It was one of the best and most exciting days of my life.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I went through the remains of Hurricane Ike last year and dealt with 70mph winds and lost my power for nine hours.

That was not fun.

Ohio gets the remains of hurricanes but we don't usually get the wind like that, we usually just get the heavy rainfall. I will never forget how powerful the winds were, and saw the trees swaying outside my apartment and such. I didn't go through it per say, but still, I went through a hurricane.

WildThing121675

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I went through the remains of Hurricane Ike last year and dealt with 70mph winds and lost my power for nine hours.

That was not fun.

Oh yeah? I had to live without power for 3 days after Katrina. A lot of people I know had to live without power for weeks!

I didn't actually stay for Katrina, but we came home early and had to live in 95 degree heat for a few days. God, I remember all of the MRE's we had to eat... :bleh:

Not much happened with Rita or Gustav. With Rita we only got 50 mph wind max, and for Gustav we didn't even lose power!

clothdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have been living along the gulf coast since the late 60's. i have been threw a bunch.

Kyler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Just about all of them since 1993. Living in Florida has its disadvantages DX

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Lets see (In no particular order)...

Georges
Hugo
Rita
Katrina
Wilma
Charley
Frances
Jeanne
Ivan

There's probably way more but those are the ones most notable to me for some reason or another. Wilma is bolded cause it was the last one I went through, the strongest one i've been through, and I have a story about being hit on the head by a trampoline in that one...

And I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL before I moved to Vegas.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I've been in Fl for the last 29 years. Yah, I've been through a few :)

I've been lucky though. I've lost power for a couple of days, but have not had my home destroyed.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes, several myself. The most memorable was David, back in the early 80's(?). We weathered it in Georgia, then went to North Carolina immediately after and felt the effects of it on the beach there, too.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Has anyone been in a hurricane?

I have been though 3 of them.

KATRINA - 2005
RITA - 2005
GUSTAV - 2008.

You need to move.

Why is man the only creature that keeps rebuilding his home in a location that is ravaged regularly by natural disasters?

Status
Not open for further replies.