Harry potter movies

TD712

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Have you seen any of the Harry Potter movies? If so, which one is your favorite?

Mine: I have seen all 8, my personal favorite one being Deathly Hallows Part 2.

TBE, here are the Harry Potter movies out there:
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows Part 1
Deathly Hallows Part 2

Reactions: Fortythr33
I have huge soft spot for the first film. It’s actually something that gets me into my little/middle space. Outside of that my favorites are the last four David Yates’ directed films. They’re great!

Side note; I personally feel like Prisoner of Azkaban is the best of the books.

Reactions: daisycupcake
My favourite is the first one, goblet of fire (except the ending …) and order of the phoenix. I still haven’t been able to pay attention all the way through the deadly hallows ones … and I have watched all the others at least 6 times lolol.

I am in love with all things Harry Potter!!
I’m a huge Harry Potter fan ( okay- nerd lol) Favorite book and movie is prisoner of azkaban!

It is my favorite series and really helps me get into little space and activate my imagination. In fact for our honeymoon, we went to universal for a day and spent like 6/7 hours just at the wizarding world of Harry Potter. We only got to ride like 2 rides at the other park bc we spent almost the entire time there and my hubby let me fan girl out the entire time!!

I used to love Harry Potter, but as a trans person I can’t enjoy or support it anymore knowing that the creator thinks I shouldn’t exist and actively wants harm to come to me.

I’m not saying to stop enjoying the old stuff you love, but just to maybe think twice before buying her new video game or seeing her new movies, or giving her any money unless you directly are okay with supporting hurting trans people.

Reactions: Anemone, MetalDan86, YakuiAndOzoi and 1 other person
I love the books and Goblet is my favorite movie …. Love the ball

Personally I think my favourite is Chamber of Secrets it’s darker than the first one and I love how realistic Aragog, the Baslisik and Fawkes look. The music during the reveal that Tom Riddle and Lord Voldemort are the same still gives me chills. But I think part of the reason I love the second one so much is Richard Harris for those of you who don’t remember Richard Harris played Albus Dumbledore in the first two films he sadly passed away after the second one was made but he was phenomenal watching him I always imagined he’d reads the books and that this was a Labour of love for him he wanted to make a Dumbledore who would be iconic and he succeeded. Whereas Michel Gambon no disrespect to the man wasn’t believable it always seemed like he was just doing it for the money and recognition but didn’t care about the character this may have nothing to do with him and may just be down to bad directing but my favourite film with Gambon is Goblet of Fire though that is partly down to the ladies of Beubatonx, the entrance of the Durmstrang students and what red blooded male didn’t love Hermione in her Yule Ball dress.

I liked the first ones where they were cute and little. Once they got older it really lost its magic and started to feel ridiculous.

Reactions: BabyRobbie
I love them all but I like the Order of the Phoenix the best. Rewatch them at least 4-6x a year including the other 3.

I haven’t seen them all. I’m going to rewatch the series actually

The first one is my favorite cuz it set the tone for the rest of the movies. So magical.

I like the movie order of the Phoenix best: many of the earlier ones were too long. (The book was certainly too long!) But with many of them, I find it hard to get past plank of wood Radcliffe.

I like the first and second films as I was also partial to Richard Harris as Dumbledore. They also seem a bit less darker compared to the last entries in the series and bring back memories of my days in school.

They definitely represent a positive part of my childhood, with all the complicated emotions that entails.

I do feel that splitting the weakest book into two features was a bad creative choice but beyond those the remainder each have their merits.

What is curious is quite how different the tone of one film is from another whilst still remaining a sense of coherence. It really should be more jarring to watch one after another.

At first they were new and exciting to me, then passe, and later still nostalgic. Now I am left to be pained by their association with their author, I do not know if I will be able to compel myself to watch them again before she expires.

Fortunately the Fantastic Beasts films - at least the first two which I have seen - are dreadful so I don't feel I am missing out as much as I might.

MetalDan86 said:
I like the first and second films as I was also partial to Richard Harris as Dumbledore. They also seem a bit less darker compared to the last entries in the series and bring back memories of my days in school.
Richard Harris' death was certainly untimely. I though Michael Gambon did well, but Harris was instantly Dumbledore and Gambon instantly felt like a substitute teacher--to me, anyway.

I liked the first two films the best, although I enjoyed them all. And I love the books. I recently re-read all of them, and I think that was my third time through.

The wife is a big time harry patter fan and we just got through Whaching them all over again, this week with my son. I'm not the biggest fan but I like the last movie for its action. But as a movie fan I can honestly say the first one is better done all around. It's light and fun with a little bit of suspense and action. All the characters do a better acting job in the first one. Because I think maybe they were having a little more fun during filming it

Cottontail said:
think that was my third time through.
I started re-reading the series (first time) and left off with Prisoner of Azkaban. Other peers of mine were into the Goosebump series as their first grade school reads, while the Harry Potter series was that jumpstart that spiked my interest in the fantasy genre.

Reactions: Cottontail and Tomtomthedl
MetalDan86 said:
I started re-reading the series (first time) and left off with Prisoner of Azkaban. Other peers of mine were into the Goosebump series as their first grade school reads, while the Harry Potter series was that jumpstart that spiked my interest in the fantasy genre.
I remember the Goosebumps books and if I’m being honest I’m still a fan of R.L. Stine though these days it’s more Point Horror and Fear Street. But one thing I remember very clearly is the Goosebumps TV series which weren’t always the same as the books and with the greatest of respect to Mr Stine the TV version of Vampire Breath was better than his book version particularly the ending.

Reactions: MetalDan86
Spoiler: Snape kills dumbldore

NinjaWeirdoPart3 said:
Spoiler: Snape kills dumbldore
I think everyone knows that by now it’s become a recent thing in pop culture it’s even brought up in the Simpson episode ‘The Bob Next Door’. Although kids who didn’t grow up with the books or films when they first came out may not know. Spoilers ruin the magic that comes from reading a book or seeing a film for the first time.

Back