Happy Father's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Happy Father's Day to all the dads on ADISC. :D

For anyone who's not a dad, what are you doing with your Dad today?

D

daria7483

I went to a Richmond Braves (minor league) baseball game last night with my dad -- a double-header. It was a lot of fun, although Richmond got shut out by Charlotte in the first game and although Richmond won the second game, they were losing at the time when we had to leave. Richmond is losing the Braves next year because the city will not build them a nicer park, and it seems like people in the city have already given up on baseball. There were maybe 500 people there, which I thought was a shame. Maybe it's just because my dad is a huge baseball fan, but I think there are few greater father-child traditions than the dad taking the kid to some kind of sports event.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What a wonderful sentiment, Maverick!

And that is sad, Daria. ;/ I wish there would have been more Dads and sons there, too!

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Maverick, I appreciate the kind thought. Thank you!:)

~Pramrider

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I wrote an insincere message of affection in a card and that's it. It's not that I have a bad relationship with my father, but that I don't have one at all. There's just a general feeling of mutual disinterest.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I got my dad a humorous card, and I signed it "Love ..." not "From ...".

I bought him the latest The Fall album, except I ordered it online and it isn't here yet. :eek:
Not that that matters much, he can wait a couple of days. :p

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
There's no official Father's Day in Germany. However, most people here just use Ascension Day (a public holiday) as a substitute Father's Day (that was May 1st this year). Traditionally, the adult males of the family use that day to load up a small hand-drawn trailer with as much alcohol as they'll be able to fit into it, then go on a hiking tour through nature dragging the trailer behind them and trying to get rid of the alcohol before the day is out. I guess the adult female's job is to drive down the planned hiking route looking for her spouse/boyfriend lying passed out in some ditch along the way :D

In other words: No gifts for daddy here - couldn't read the card when drunk anyway! :tongueout:

Peachy

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I bought my daddy green tea. He liked it :) It was fair trade tea too. I got it from the church. We had a big dinner with my grandpa and my aunt too, with wonton soup, pork, scalloped potatoes and vegetables. Oh and apple sauce too, which I liked. :) And I did all my chores, like doing the dishes, on time for my daddy. :) It was fun. I also had to tutor my friend Jeffy in math today, which I always enjoy. He has his exam tomorrow.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I felt quite bad considering I was working on father's day, as my brother arranged for us all to go out for a meal. But I did get him a bottle of Port, No Country for Old Men on DVD (not dropping hints or anything!) and a card, which I think he was rather chuffed with :)

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There's no official Father's Day in Germany. However, most people here just use Ascension Day (a public holiday) as a substitute Father's Day (that was May 1st this year). Traditionally, the adult males of the family use that day to load up a small hand-drawn trailer with as much alcohol as they'll be able to fit into it, then go on a hiking tour through nature dragging the trailer behind them and trying to get rid of the alcohol before the day is out. I guess the adult female's job is to drive down the planned hiking route looking for her spouse/boyfriend lying passed out in some ditch along the way :DPeachy
Now, that is an excellent tradition. I may move to Germany and adopt. :)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Thanks Maverick. We had a big week-end as we had a family member graduate from high school. My one son came in from Richmond for that and for father's day, and so was at the house. Oldest son lives several streets away, so I get to see him often. We actually adopted him though he is a family member. My visiting son, who is my first born, and I had a wonderful time. We went for walks around our block, where our property is located in the foothills of the Shenendoah Mountains; beautiful country. You see the mountains as you walk. We grilled out both Saturday and Sunday, with me, dad, doing the grilling. It all turned out quite well, if I do say so myself. My son gave me and my wife gift cards for our favorite restaurants, and we love to go out to eat, so it was much appreciated. It's always hard when he goes back to Richmond, but he will return, and I look forward to those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.