Hanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Private
Watch out DMV, Hanna's coming. it's already going though the Carolinas. then it's supposed to go all up the north east. It's starting to rain hard.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It was raining hard here earlier...No clue if it still is...It sure was hard to see anything when driving home >.>

Role
Private
It was raining when I was picking up stuff in the yard.
and it was raining hard when I wrote that. there's no attic above my room.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
1st shot is just gonna be some pretty harsh rain.

Then comes Hanna!

Both systems are coming South-->North (usually West-->East)

I'm in the upper-right corner, the very beginning of that island coming off of NY state (seemingly parallel to New Jersey), Long Island! (for you brits and aussies...) [Link - current radar closeup of my relative location]

(+1 for Mac+Dashboard)

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
We've been experiencing heavy rain bands since early evening here in southern MD. I think we're supposed to be getting the worse part around daybreak to late morning. Hope we don't lose power, I've got computer work (and play:wink:) to do tomorrow.

~Pramrider

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
Hanna & then we have to worry about Ike & where it decides to go!! I wish those in Hanna's path well & hope they will be safe!!

S

Secret

I have camped outside without a tent during worse storms than this cmon.

Srsly I did though no joke.

YAY 300th post!

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
As of ~12AM this morning:

As of 11:03 EST:

(where I am: click)

And that's *NOT* a zoom-in, either.

Role
Private
It was stronger last night. but it made landfall and started to die. as secret101 said, "I have camped outside without a tent during worse storms than this..." I really have.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
genbaby, stfu! it's a pretty damned good storm here, that's for sure.

anyway

O___O

it's been POURING for the past 3 hours. Probably gonna be this way (and get worse?!?!) for the next 8-12 hours, too... =D

check the radar! Say it with me -- "dayum!!!"

And a closeup radar shot of where I am -- as of 5:06PM EST.

Tornado warnings, Flash Flood warnings, high wind warnings... shit, we got everything o.o

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Other than intermittant bands of rain, some heavy, that's about all our area has received. I had just finished cutting the grass and cleaning up the front yard yesterday when the first rain came and expected the yard to be cluttered with leaves and branches from rain and wind. To my surprise, it doesn't look messed up at all since we only had some mild breezes. I think we've gotten between 1" and 2" of rain so far. Back in 2003, Isabel took trees down around us and left our yard a mess.

~Pramrider

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It didn't last very long.

Though it was funny when I made my dad bring the car around for me :)

... Until walking the 5 feet to the car got me completely drenched =\ I might as well have just taken a shower fully clothed.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ah...that ain't a hurricane, this is a hurricane *Crocodile Dundee*. Hurricane Camile in 69 killed over a hundred people in Nelson county, Va. I was living in NJ at the time and my parents had a boat. They took me out on Barnegat Bay, where we watched dozens of houses float by. I hope all of you are safe out there on the coast. Ike could be a bad one if it takes a bad turn. I've lived through a number of them including Hazel as a child. They can get very bad!

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Here in CT I drove home 30mi east in it at 8PM. Heavy rains, flooded highways, wind gusts, hydroplaning etc., I've been through a lot worse. Of course I'd been drinking at a bar outside the Sub Base... DUMB ME! I made it home safe thankfuly.

Nam

S

Secret

MO COUNTY Barely Got hit, a few downed trees and some rain pshh.

Status
Not open for further replies.