8. Have sex.
9. Go out for seom fresh air.
10. Don't know.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Gatorade and maybe asprain, if the alcohol has fully been processed of course.

I haven't got a hangover yet since I only been drinking less then 2 oz of rum per night. However, it has got me tired and then I fall asleep and I end up waking up with barely any memory of the night before. However I don't wake up with a hangover. Malubi's coconut rum is pretty weak. <_>

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Good question, and since I do have a bit of experience with alcohol, here's what works best.

1. Have an eye-opener, a beer or a bloody mary or something like that. Hangovers are due to the withdrawl, and having a quick drink in the morning works good

2. Advil and caffeine, something like coffee, or coke or personally I like to have a Vault soda

3. You can prevent hangovers by doing the following: After a night of drinking, before bed, pop a few advils and down it with a tall glass of water. You'll be at your best in the morning, I guarantee it.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
3. You can prevent hangovers by doing the following: After a night of drinking, before bed, pop a few advils and down it with a tall glass of water. You'll be at your best in the morning, I guarantee it.

While this is good advice, it doesn't help after a heavy night of drinking! I wasn't looking for a specific answer for me, the tried and true practice of McDonalds and Gatorade with a nice shower works and I can usually be back on my feet after even the worst of illness in a matter of hours.

lumps19

Banned
Role
  1. Carer
Advil, pretzels (or crackers), and lots of water and/or Gatorade.

Usually knocks it out for me in a few hours. Also, always eat before you drink.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Drink a vitamin water or Gatorade before and after you drink.No hangover.

Role
  1. Babyfur
Scientifically, hangovers have nothing to do with alcohol. Alcohol simply causes you to expend more fluid than you would otherwise, through sweat and bathroom, leading to you dehydration.

That dehydration, of course, is what causes headaches.

Thus, the most obvious cure would be to drink a lot of water.

Headache medicine may also help.

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Scientifically, hangovers have nothing to do with alcohol. Alcohol simply causes you to expend more fluid than you would otherwise, through sweat and bathroom, leading to you dehydration.

That dehydration, of course, is what causes headaches.

Thus, the most obvious cure would be to drink a lot of water.

Headache medicine may also help.

Actually, I'm given to understand that perhaps more than the dehydration, an over-abundance of GABA receptors is behind the dull pain / aches. I don't have precise knowledge of the chemistry involved. Simply means that some aspects of being hanged-over probably just need time.

Best recommendations I've seen so far typically involve water though. Have some water before you go to bed, have some when you get up. Exercise wouldn't hurt, or perhaps a nap if you can afford the time. Don't bother with pain killers, in my opinion. There are two families of pain killers, and neither one really gets along with folks who drink more than moderately.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Envy is right, (49yo lush here) it is all about water. Drink a lot before bed, take a bottle to bed and gulp some every time you wake up. Snorting oxygen from the cutting torch helps too. (not reccomended for the inexperenced!)

Nam

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I think my health teacher said asprin and or caffine were bad for your liver after drinkingl... Or something... It's kind of a shitty classso I don't pay much attention.

I'm not really sure... Check a health website or something. Not some kind of college forum though, they're filled with binge drinkers who may not know what's good for them.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
At school they told us that the only thing that cures hangovers is time.

Which is rubbish; drinking water does help.
Although the smartest thing to do is to not drink so much if you need to be not hungover the day after. Otherwise, having a hangover isn't so bad.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Someone once told me that their dad had told them to always try and read a paragraph of tiny writing, like the small print on a document, or a small newspaper article just before they go to sleep. Apparently it focusses you or something. I've never tried it but he swears by it.

I personally just drink lots of water when I get home, and then drink more whenever I wake up.

Also: perfect time to be wearing diapers, in case all that water goes through you too quickly to wake up. I've had many a near misses from drinking WAY too much water before bedtime, when I've been drunk!

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I wake up with a hangover (like today) I find that the best solution is stuffing myself with food containing as much fat as possible and running it down with large quantities of soda. I then go outside for a smoke, realize that the sun is too bright and decide to lie down inside and watch a movie with the shades drawn. Give it a few hours and the hangover will be gone.

Hata

Banned
Role
  1. Private
I find that removing alcohol entirely from a diet reduces the proportion of hangovers by at the very least a hundred per cent.

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Coconut milk. Seriously - it works wonders at getting you hydrated.

Also, if you're in any state to remember, drinking a glass of water before going to sleep really helps to take the edge off in the morning.

Jakethefox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
drinking water and orange juice (no, not mixed!) does wonders.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Any thing you do is just temporary, if you eat it lasts about an hour untill you feel sick again, best thing is to ride it out drinking plenty of liquids, or start drinking again, at some point in the drinking again you just feel better that is untill tomorrow when it all starts over.

ej24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My trick that seems to work for me is, when I'm about to goto sleep I drink about 10-12oz. of orange juice, a multi-vitamin, then about 3 glasses of water and some cracker/chips so I have something other than liquid in my stomach. Basically I guess what I'm saying is, A LOT OF FLUIDS!

oh and usually your body can process 1oz. of alcohol per hour (i believe thats the stat) so try not to consume more than that or give your body like 2 hours between your last alcoholic beverage and bedtime so your not sleeping while hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.