Halp! Deciding between cloth diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Other
I'm pretty sure that I've narrowed it down between the Velcro diapers from babykins (along with nylon plastic pants) and the Velcro diapers from DD from ebay (ie Gabbys).

Suggestions?

I've tried the babykins way in the past and loved them (but, alas, threw them out in a purge).

Thanks!

catman

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
have you looked at the snapez4life cloth diapers they are very good but expensive to start out with. I have used them for sever years now and have not had a problem with them.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I gotta say I have really enjoyed my babykins diapers and waterproof nylon pants. the onesies are a little small for my preference, but are well made.

Role
Other
On the onesie topic, I have a sizing question then. I'm 6'0" 170 athletic build...Med or Large?

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
On the onesie topic, I have a sizing question then. I'm 6'0" 170 athletic build...Med or Large?
you need to get a measurement from the shoulder (from the seam if you are wearing a t-shirt) to the bottom of your crotch (on the outside of your diaper, if you are gonna wear one) to get your trunk / body length. You use that and waist/ hip size to determine onesie sizes.

Role
Other
I've had good business dealings with DD.
I don't doubt that, but that doens't help me decide b/c I've had great dealings w/ babykins :)

you need to get a measurement from the shoulder (from the seam if you are wearing a t-shirt) to the bottom of your crotch (on the outside of your diaper, if you are gonna wear one) to get your trunk / body length. You use that and waist/ hip size to determine onesie sizes.
TY

Hmmm...they only show chest measurement, waist, and height. The problem is that the chest/waist vs height seem really disproportional (ie, height seems too low).

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
What site are you looking at? On babykin's site I think the chest size is is more important ( I'm not 6'4" and their SL onesie is tight on me, cause I'm bigger than 48" in the chest )

You might look at Cosy n Dry for onesies. I have one of theirs and it's comfy, although I don't know if you can get it in black.

EDIT : I did look at their site and behold! a black onesie right------------------------------>there-----> over there----------X

Role
Other
So, chest is around 38-40". So I guess Large is safest...don't want to get a Med and be too small.

Okay, FINAL questions: about babykins plastic pants. I'm getting large diapers (for 33" waist), but do I only need Med plastic pants? As I recall, they were quite large for whatever size I got years ago.

I'm leaning strongly to the nylon, but has anyone tried the new encased elastic pants that they're promoting?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.