Had "the Talk" and dont know what to do now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swan

Est. Contributor
Ok so my dad just brought up a discovery of my diapers that happened over 6 months ago and the talk went well and he was cool about me "trying" them, but I told him that I was done and that I had thrown the rest of them away.
Truth is, I am still very much active and I still am hiding two full packs down where he found the other one. they are in the crawl space under my house in a duffel bag.
I really dont want to just throw away 2 packs of my diapers, But I have NOWHERE else to hide them. And was I right in telling my dad that it was just a trial thing?

Well for a major confrontation, It went well, he didnt freak out but I feel guilty that I lied and I dont know If he is going to go check to make sure that I have really got rid of them or not. I guess I am going to have to throw out 2 packs. :frown:

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ok so my dad just brought up a discovery of my diapers that happened over 6 months ago and the talk went well and he was cool about me "trying" them, but I told him that I was done and that I had thrown the rest of them away.
Truth is, I am still very much active and I still am hiding two full packs down where he found the other one. they are in the crawl space under my house in a duffel bag.
I really dont want to just throw away 2 packs of my diapers, But I have NOWHERE else to hide them. And was I right in telling my dad that it was just a trial thing?

Well for a major confrontation, It went well, he didnt freak out but I feel guilty that I lied and I dont know If he is going to go check to make sure that I have really got rid of them or not. I guess I am going to have to throw out 2 packs. :frown:
Or he could just trust you and let it go, since "the talk" is over, which would make you feel even more guilty about lying

swan

Est. Contributor
Or he could just trust you and let it go, since "the talk" is over, which would make you feel even more guilty about lying
yea but I am not sure if he is going to let it go or not. I just feel like crap about getting found out.

V

VR-Wolf

Well, heres a few things you can do:

1. hide em somewhere else, preferbly a place obvious (eg, a place visted often but make sure they are not seen) so meaning not obvious as throw in middle of room but keep in "plain sight" but easily overlooked and also maybe a place he vists often therefore a place he would be least likely to expect

2. hide outside of house or with a friend assuming you know of someone who knows that can stash em till the heat dies down

Well there are 2 more options but less favorable.

talk to him a tell truth, lie to him once kinda screwed you over but he might understand and you had plausible reasons to lie considering the nature of this... desire.

or toss em. there might be others but i havent thought of them yet

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If he already said he was fine with you trying them then whats the problem with actually admitting you like them? Anyways just hiding the truth and lying is only going to make things worse. What are you going to do if he finds more again?

If I were you I would tell him that you lied and why you did then explain why you like diapers other then sexual reasons of there are any and if your a TB/AB explain that portion as well. Really lying to people you love and care for only makes distrust.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Oh, "that talk". From my experience, it doesn't get more awkward than that! I would say that your best option now would be to just tell him the truth. If he was fine with you trying diapers, then he might take this alright and he'd probably appreciate your honesty. Plus, you feel guilty and being honest would alleviate this. So, why not come clean? It's certainly better than the alternative of him rediscovering your stash and then knowing that you lied to him. Besides this it might take some weight off of your shoulders. Ultimately, it's up to your discretion, but telling him the truth appears to be a good option to me.

M

maddi

... I just don't understand why you would tell him you were past it, when you really aren't. If you had just been honest, then you wouldn't have to deal with again hiding your "stash" and being anxious that he'll "catch" you again?... Just wondering...

Entity

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
In the first place you should'a went along with him and stated that it is something that you really feel uncomfortable talking about.

Just tell him you don't want to talk about it anymore since its a private matter and poses no real danger other than sheer humiliation. Case closed.

adriansurley

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
The talk is definitely rough. The best advice I could give you is to speak your mind - don't hold things back. It will only make things worse because it will come out eventually.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Being a dad, I think he's smart enough to know that you still are doing it. Since he said he accepted it, I would let it go and continue to do my thing. If it bothers your conscious, have a heart to heart talk with him. It sounds like he's a good understanding dad. You're lucky.

WhiteWolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Other, Private
... I just don't understand why you would tell him you were past it, when you really aren't. If you had just been honest, then you wouldn't have to deal with again hiding your "stash" and being anxious that he'll "catch" you again?... Just wondering...
More than likely in a state of uncertainty, we do not understand what we dont know and therefore fear it. with a topic that could have many diffrent results its best to go with the one the person would rather here, in this case that he was over with it, though it may have more serious reprocusion when his father realises this was false.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I would say, keep hiding them and never talk about it. If he does know due to his parental instinct, lets say, then I'm sure he wants to hear about it much less than you do. Certainly it taking him 6 months to talk about it make that clear.

swan

Est. Contributor
yea I think It just came out that I was done with them, I wasnt going to own up and say that I still like them.
I am going to try and get of my diapers I have and go for a while without, and hopefully my parents will jjust let it blow over.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other

It's a shame you didn't tell the truth, because it seemed like your dad might have been accepting of the diapers. Don't come back and tell him the truth now, he'll be upset that you lied to him. You'll probably have to wear diapers in secrecy now, which will be more difficult, because your dad will be much more curious now. Or you can just not wear diapers at all. Glad to see your parents didn't freak out at all.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Don't come back and tell him the truth now, he'll be upset that you lied to him.
Because keeping a lie going is much better then lying in the first place then admitting you lied since you were scared and nervous?

For the members that are parents which would you actually prefer. Your kid lying to you and not fessing up about it. (or) Lying to you then admitting about it and why he/she felt a need to lie?

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Because keeping a lie going is much better then lying in the first place then admitting you lied since you were scared and nervous?

For the members that are parents which would you actually prefer. Your kid lying to you and not fessing up about it. (or) Lying to you then admitting about it and why he/she felt a need to lie?
With some things, I agree that you should keep lying. If I was a parent, I'd be fine with it, because it shows independence, and while I have no doubt they will do stupid things in the process, they will learn much more that way than I could teach them. I don't want a wimp of a kid that needs to tell me everything, that's for sure. They've got to learn to handle their own lives while keeping a pristine image. Although, I'm sure parentally that goes against every instinct of protectionism and control, but then, I don't want to be that kind of parent.

Certainly, of all my cousins and siblings, the most responsible ones are the ones that lie to their parents the most. Everyone thinks they are angels, but that is far far from the truth. They drink, party and have sex, but at the same time do so responsibly. They always use condoms, count their drinks, ensure they have a designated driver, account for the responsibilities of relationships, have a strong sense of loyalty and duty, have an incredibly strong work ethic, are successful in almost all their endeavours, and I could go on. All this, starting from only 16. Of course, they are older now, one is even married and thinking about children (she used to steal the car at 15 to drive to parties in the middle of the night). They are all in or completed university and developing successful careers. I just envy how strong and successful they are as people. They will always be superior to me, because they know how to craft an image and manipulate peoples opinions.

liloneinmymind

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
:dunno:i did the same thing and i don't have any clue why i did when i had the opportunity to be out in the open about it with him instead i lied and said i was done with them i mean I'm sure he knows I'm not but ......

I still don't know why i didn't tell him ....fear of rejection? fear of disappointment? i dunno why :( *sigh* i really wish i had told him the truth though. :cryhankie:

Status
Not open for further replies.