Had my appendix taken out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisuke

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, so I had my ependix taken out. If you think the surgery insition pain is a walk in the park your definitely f*cked up in the brain. The surgery pain is WORSE than the ependix pain. And on top of that, I have to be out of school for a week!<sarcasm>Yay homework </sarcasm> TT_TT But on the up side that's more time for anime and manga.

Role
Incontinent
Well, I'm glad you're ok now, and I'm sorry to hear that you're still in a lot of pain. I know all about how the surgery hurts worse than the problem you had it for in the first place. I know only too well I'm afraid. But on the bright side, it does get better, and if you didn't have the surgery, you would still be in some excruciating pain that nothing would help you get over it.
And congrats on a week off from school, although, that's one hell of a way to get it!

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Appendix, Gall Bladder, Tonsils....all parts of the body one does not need to survive (thus rendering them useless) If they were useFUL the body would need them. I still have my appendix and my tonsils...but the gall bladder is gone. And there is no pain like the pain of a gall bladder attack. Thus sayeth the woman who gave birth to an 8-pound (3629g) baby...naturally...without the benefit of an epidural or even so much as a little nitrous oxide...not even an aspirin!!

BTW...it's good you got your appendix out...because once the appendix causes pain (unlike the gall bladder or the tonsils) it HAS to come out or the end result can be death! If the appendix ruptures (which is imminent when it becomes inflamed to the point where it's causing pain!)...the resulting infection can lead to death. No one's ever died from tonsilitis or a gall stone (although they may well have wished they would)!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Appendix, Gall Bladder, Tonsils....all parts of the body one does not need to survive (thus rendering them useless)
If I lost my hand I would still survive, but I class my hand as being very useful! All three of those body parts (maybe appendix is debatable) have a use, albeit not a use that it necessary to not die.

I believe that the appendix is thought to have some role in the immune system...

Anyway, sorry to hear about your pain, but happy to hear the operation went well.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I still have all my original inner peices, and hope to keep it that way, there very old but there mine and they still work.

I hope your feeling better soon Daisuki, just take it easy but keep moving if you can don't sit around too much, do things just do them slowly.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If I lost my hand I would still survive, but I class my hand as being very useful! All three of those body parts (maybe appendix is debatable) have a use, albeit not a use that it necessary to not die.
I think she means organs or something...

tiger2

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
damn
that sucks, hope ya get well soon.
and yes, im pretty sure the appendix is useless.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Daisuke, you just survived my worst nightmare! At 49 I still have my apendix but since I was a kid I I have had a strange fear of needing it removed. It sux youve had pain but that should pass. Remember the old saying "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger". You'll never have to have your apendix out again!

Speedy recovery!

Nam

Tungsten

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If they were useFUL the body would need them.
Other parts of your body that you can live without include your stomach, the frontal lobe of your brain, and parts of your colon and rectum. I consider those items highly useful :D

Role
Private
The Appendix is not useless. It stores vitamins and releases them into the body as needed.
Considering that it can become inflamed and need to be surgically removed (a ruptured appendix releases bile and toxins into the abdomen, which can lead to infection and peritonitis), whilst having a function that is, for the most part, mystifying, except for releasing good "germs" (not vitamins) in the gut for slightly improved intestinal health... I'd consider that pretty useless.

No strong evidence has surfaced that links the appendix as an important part of the immunological and lymphatic systems, albeit researchers saying, "it acts as a safe house for good bacteria, which can be used to effectively reboot the gut following a bout of dysentery or cholera." ...but even that isn't said with largely confident overtones, making it still, in part, theory.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
The appendix is quite useless altogether from the reading in biology I have done. Many scientists think that it might have been used many years ago in digesting fiber, something us humans can no longer do. Just some useless information about a useless organ from a biology student.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
u wont be back in school in a week mate, took me six to get back on my feet, enjoy holiday and remember no bending/lifting as it WILL cause scar to open up

Status
Not open for further replies.