Had Discussion with Wife About Wearing Around Her

mattyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I haven't posted in a while. Way before I got married to my wife, I had let her know I was into diapers. There was not much discussion there, just getting it out there to make sure no future issues if we were to get married. She was accepting, but not really wanting to participate. When we moved together, kind of set a room for my office that I could do my own thing and have space. Well a hurricane knocked a hole in that room, so no longer have the area. Rather than sneaking around when she is away to not make things awkward anymore. Had a new discussion, basically wanting to have permission to wear around her. She is okay as long as there is an article of clothing over it. Been wanting to have that freedom for a while, but have been kind of scared of doing it without asking. So this morning is my first time wearing a diaper with her in the same room. I don't think wearing to bed will be allowed yet, we didn't discuss that. She was concerned about urine smell, but I told her it's a big thing for me to wet the diaper for their purpose. I told her the diapers I wear handle odors well and I do use a lot of baby powder. Took a big step this week, a baby step I guess. Hoping this makes things easier for my diaper side, which had been neglected a lot lately.

Reactions: Kayleigh, Paddy2020, checkingoutall and 3 others
Congrats on taking the step. My journey has been made you of baby steps as well. I've been writing about my own experiences sharing with my spouse and accepting myself in dispersed on Aberrantly Me if you'd like to check it out. Keep your head up and remember to communicate with her. Keep that line open so things do not go unsaid.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Indeed, communication is a huge thing in our relationship. Nothing is usually allowed to build up too much. This has been building a for awhile and losing my little refuge area basically became too much and had to openly talk about my needs. Approaching it from an anxiety relaxing aspect was something I didn't explain well enough prior, but was able to articulate this time around. She didn't want me to feel I can't be myself in my own home. So it's a good step. Communication helps a lot. She is pretty vanilla, so it's a lot to get things to this point.

Reactions: checkingoutall, Subtlerustle and Zebby
please keep sharing with her, and don't step over her boundaries, I did step over them all the time, and she now wants a divorce because she claims to be mentally screw up by me doing what I wanted in diapers all the time, although I wish I would have divorced her in 1989 when she had an affair because she claimed she couldn't deal with the diapers, please take it slow and talk about it all, Best of LUCK!!!!

Last edited:
That is why I didn't want to start wearing near her before we discussed it. Aberrantly Me, your blog is pretty impressive and thoughtful. There aren't many abdl blogs that have the kind of thoughtful vigor it has. Most just seem to be stories or regression fantasizes. There is room for all kinds of blogs, but I think having some intelliectual approaches is needed as we try to explore this unique part of ourselves.

Congrats on the new milestone. It must feel extremely liberating. I can’t comment on your situation but when I was at your juncture I made a couple of mistakes. I guess acting on pent up desire, I went at the wearing pretty hard and did a careless job of disposal and and choice of clothing. Within a week we were having another discussion and I think my wife thought she’d opened up a Pandora’s box of 24/7 (it wasn’t near that but she’s vanilla too). Anyway, it was a testament to the previous discussion not being specific enough and me being a diapered idiot.
Regardless, enjoy and show her the love 👊

Agreed completely. And the best of luck going forward with your wife. We must be able to be what we are to be happy.

aberrantlyme said:
Congrats on taking the step. My journey has been made you of baby steps as well. I've been writing about my own experiences sharing with my spouse and accepting myself in dispersed on Aberrantly Me if you'd like to check it out. Keep your head up and remember to communicate with her. Keep that line open so things do not go unsaid.
Thanks for the link. I look forward to reading your story.

Congrats on getting there. I told my boyfriend pretty early into our relationship as well, and even though he's not into it, he's been very accepting. It's all about figuring out what your partner is comfortable with and easing them into it.

Reactions: checkingoutall and littledreamers333
Really happy that you can take this step and at least wear one around her, must be a good feeling being able to wear more often.
My wife is completely against the idea of me wearing when she is around.

Congratulations on being able to wear around her. That is my dream that only gets realized once a year on my birthday. On that day I get to wear my diapers all day uncovered.
We sleep separately so I am able to wear diapers overnight, which I do four or five nights a week. She knows and basically says she doesn’t care what I do when alone. I reluctantly agreed to change out of my overnight diaper when she comes into the kitchen for breakfast if I am having coffee already and she will angrily tell me to change if she hears my diapers ( which she always does).
I admit I try to stretch it a bit as I enjoy having my coffee and reading the paper in my wet diaper. I find it frustrating to have to change so quickly but I guess you can’t have everything.
While our arrangement is better then others, it still leaves me feeling unaccepted for who I am. I have no desire to go 24/7 but the ability to wear when I feel like wearing is still absent.
So enjoy what you have and it sounds like your wife may open up a bit more over time since you have gained the ability for her to interact with you when diapered as no big deal.

Reactions: checkingoutall, Subtlerustle and LittleScotty
I think the biggest challenge is she works in a hospital, so she has had to interact with people smelling like urine or in bad medical diapers. I don't think she interacts a lot, but it was touch and go because she really wasn't sure she was going to let me wear a wet diaper around her. I let her know I wear a lot of baby powder and the diapers I use have great odor control. To me, being able to use and having that feeling of not being dry, is huge, so hoping that stays ok. I probably have to change more frequently than I'd like, but it's a good compromise for now.

Reactions: checkingoutall, Subtlerustle and trevor0160
Back