Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Well, after some thought I've decided I'll go the hackintosh route, in the event most people don't realize (hackintosh = osx86) a PC that runs OSX.

Just to clarify, Macs are PC's now end of story, both use the same Intel architecture, think of Apple as a OEM they put hardware together and ship it with there own software being the OS :p (with some minor adjustments such as EFI Instead of UEFI) but there are boot loaders, and bios patches you can do such as Ozmosis which provide most things that the Apple Firmware will have.

That is why with a little modding you can run OSX on a PC and Windows on a MAC.

I've delt with hackintoshing in the past tons of times, I ran a hackintosh around 2012 all the way upto 2014 until my good computer died, now I can run OSX on this computer as when I built it I built it around OSX, downside is I have to ditch my third monitor. (there is a bug in the frame buffer sadly) so I can only use two screens in sierra, and 1 in EL-Captain.

Now that being said, I'll explain my reasons for using OSX, It's UNIX that runs all my apps, I would permanently switch to LINUX, but it will not run all the apps I need, OSX pretty much runs every thing I need, I no longer game, and do web development.

I decided to switch from windows as I like UNIX based operating systems such as linux and unix, I can't stand using windows because it feels odd to me, even though I grew up with windows.

Plus, I just love XCODE, It's clean.

I should add, I would use LINUX also, but... there is a literal bug somewhere in the kernel that keeps causing my PC to lock up, however this issue never happens in OSX. I did run OSX on this PC but I ditched it as it wouldn't run my second screen, but now since It can run both, I don't see a reason not to keep it.

I've got a mac and two windows machines sitting in front of me right now. I normally carry my MacBook pro with me when I'm out. I've got Windoze laptop and desktop for various reasons. I've got a slew of linux boxes in the server room though I also run them on the desktop in a VM (Oracle's virual box).

Well, gave it some thought, I'm just gonna use Lubuntu with a windows VM for everything else. sticking with LTS and going to patch it often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back