Habib from the IRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maxx

I've gotten half a dozen calls in the last 24 hours from the same number. Sometimes a recording sometimes a live person with a heavy Indian accent claiming to be from the IRS.... letting me know they're filing lawsuits against me. LOL.

Used to get them once or twice a month, but they seem to be stuck on my cell number lately.

S

Starrunner

That's pretty funny. Apparently they sometimes leave messages telling the person to call them back urgently, and then they don't leave a number to call them back.

The scary thing is that there can be a lot of seniors, people with dementia or disabilities who would be very vulnerable to these scams. According to the IRS (the real one) there were nearly 3,000 victims who collectively paid out $14,000,000 to these scammers.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/28/guess-what-thats-not-the-irs-calling.html

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleJess

Banned
Role
  1. Private
I've gotten half a dozen calls in the last 24 hours from the same number. Sometimes a recording sometimes a live person with a heavy Indian accent claiming to be from the IRS.... letting me know they're filing lawsuits against me. LOL.

Used to get them once or twice a month, but they seem to be stuck on my cell number lately.

Oh, goodness this seems serious, you better pay them the fee so they won't arrest you >.< jokes aside.

Aren't they wasting money? I know most of those scams originate from countries that won't bother going after them, like Nigeria or India.

You could mess with them, by wasting 2 hours of there time.

I know, that long distance calls in australia cost a fortune.

It's surprising how much time they waste scamming, yet they always use the same obvious scams, instead of coming up with something new and creative.

I'm sure they would make more money from a pyramid scheme.

M

Maxx

It's surprising how much time they waste scamming, yet they always use the same obvious scams, instead of coming up with something new and creative.

I'm sure they would make more money from a pyramid scheme.

Sometimes I mess with them, like if its a rainy day when I'm just sitting around in a wet diaper with nothing to do... Mostly I hit the dismiss button.

I don't get the business model, but it must pay or they wouldn't do it. Then again, early on I didn't think Google would ever be profitable either.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Engage them in the most stupid conversation you possibly can, they'll get super pissed off, record it too its funny to listen to lmao. Try to sell them things. Or if you want to get them fired (If they actually work somewhere) Pretend to be a phone sex line. If their boss is listening, they'll get fired. lol.

LittleJess

Banned
Role
  1. Private
Sometimes I mess with them, like if its a rainy day when I'm just sitting around in a wet diaper with nothing to do... Mostly I hit the dismiss button.

I don't get the business model, but it must pay or they wouldn't do it. Then again, early on I didn't think Google would ever be profitable either.

True, considering they scam roughly 5k per old person, they would generate a income of some sort . It's still sickening to think about it though, they must be very desperate.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I answer I'm from the Kansas Consumer Fraud Division they Hang up fast lol
And stop calling me lol

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
We've gotten those calls too. They said in our newspaper not to engage them because there was a case where they swatted someone who messed with them. They had the individuals phone number, so they called the police saying they heard gun fire coming from such and such address. I'm not sure how they got the address from the phone number, but if you know computers and have the right program, it's fairly easy.

I've almost always messed with Adda Badda who calls monthly to tell me I have viruses on my Windows. One time I asked him to hang on while I cleaned my windows with Windex. These people are pathetic. Another time I told him because I'm a typical American, I have millions and millions of dollars, so I'd pay someone in my town to fix my computer.

One time I got one of these calls and I told them that I was Mr. Dogboy's secretary, and that Mr. Dogboy was out on tour with Bruce Springsteen and wouldn't be home for another six weeks. I love to make them feel small and miserable.

M

Maxx

We've gotten those calls too. They said in our newspaper not to engage them because there was a case where they swatted someone who messed with them. They had the individuals phone number, so they called the police saying they heard gun fire coming from such and such address. I'm not sure how they got the address from the phone number, but if you know computers and have the right program, it's fairly easy.

I'm more careful of that with the landline. My cellphone is a pay as you go burner, so I imagine that might be a little tougher to find. Its not tied to any accounts and I mostly only use it to call Batman.

With Mrs. Maxx working at the school district, doing what she does, the local police know our address. We've even had cars stationed outside now and then just in case.

LittleJess

Banned
Role
  1. Private
I'm more careful of that with the landline. My cellphone is a pay as you go burner, so I imagine that might be a little tougher to find. Its not tied to any accounts and I mostly only use it to call Batman.

With Mrs. Maxx working at the school district, doing what she does, the local police know our address. We've even had cars stationed outside now and then just in case.

Lucky, Mine is unlisted thankfully :) All three mobiles.

Last edited:

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
A few times I have e-mailed back to Nigerian scammers that they have "contacted the Klu Klux Klan".
I wonder if I got them to shit their pants in fear?

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Phone services need to implement something like Captcha. You know--the thing that shows you those contorted letters and numbers when you go to log on to a site, and you have to enter them along with your password in order to "prove" that you're a human?

Well, I want that on my phone. "Thank you for calling {Cottontail's real name}. To avoid disconnection, please enter the following letters or numbers, in order, within ten seconds: B-U-R-R-I-T-O." (The B-U-R-R-I-T-O, or whatever letter sequence, would be read in a modulated, multi-frequency robo-voice with a made-up accent.)

That feature would save me so much time.

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Tell them to add you to their "Do Not Call List"
By law they have to comply.

Or use a call blocker like CM Security

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Bogus type callers like that I usually tell them to remove my number off their database or I will report them to the police for harassment if they call again.

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little

Laugh if you must but I've gotten these strange calls too.
Except the scammer who talked to me said he wanted to fix my computer or something.
Told him to add me to their do not call list and they never bothered me again.

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I guarantee you that someone in India who's making a living by scamming people over the phone isn't going to care one bit about any do not call list in the US or UK. What they're doing is already illegal, list or not.

AnalogRTO

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've gotten these calls before. Both the 'IRS' or 'Treasury Department', not to mention the idiots trying to get me to clean viruses off my Windows computers. I've gotten rid of the Windows guys for good by threatening them with calling the FTC on them, don't know how that managed to work, but it did. As for the IRS/Treasury Department calls, those can be reported to www.treasury.gov and they can shut them down. One of them that kept calling me I reported several times and it was shut down in two days, I eventually saw that they got caught by the feds and convicted.

I did decide to have fun with them one morning--they called me at 6 a.m. and pissed me the hell off, so I spent my commute on the hands free making them think I was actually getting the money to wire to them. They threatened to send out a warrant for my arrest if I didn't pay, all of that BS, said they did an audit of my taxes from 2013 (since when do they audit your taxes and not tell you?), one time said I owed $4200, next time it was $5500. It's funny that they think I'm going to believe a guy with a thick Indian accent is going to have the name of 'Mike Roberts' or 'Charles Wong'. It finally got to the point I was laughing so hard I had to end the call, they still tried to stick to the scam, even though I pointed out every place it fell apart!

The way they seem to work this is that the phone call is going through a US number that connects to a VOIP internet connection that goes to a call center in India (cheap labor). They threaten, harrass, do anything they can to try and get you to pay up. Personally, if I'm bored, I just like to waste their time, figure I'll rack up as much as I can in bills for them that nets them nothing. As pointed out, they don't give a damn about the do not call lists, they're already operating illegally.

Status
Not open for further replies.