Status
Not open for further replies.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Who got it? Anyone scared of the virus?
Who is taking advantage of being in the 1 to 24 age group?

C

CoolDude

To tell the truth, I'm not gonna get it. People are making it out to be more than it is. It's just a previously unknown strain of flu, no different. if you dont normally get seasonal flu shots, there's really no sense of getting this one.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Im not getting it at all, its just not worth it. Its not 100% effective and vaccines themselves actually have the virus in them itself. They are also only got at very public places which H1N! will most likely be present all of the time, with people thinking getting it will help them get over it. Another possibility is that one of their family members has it and they are a non-infect carrier.

The safest thing to do is act normal. Wash your hands often, cover your mouth and avoid contact with people who are sick.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't fit in the age group, but I have never got a flu shot in my life, yes I have been sick over the many years but I can't recall except for one time being very sick when I was about 18.

Slang

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Yeah, I'm not buying into the fear. I get that a bunch of people are getting sick, but people are always sick. How many people died of AIDS last week? Everybody's getting worked up over the swine flu because the media's pushing it like it's the black plague. Life's too short too worry about something like this. There's probably room for some witty rebuttle between that lsat sentence and this one. Whatever. I've heard theories where it's being pushed as a super disease because the media wants to keep the attention off of that whole ecenomic problem, or because they want to make more money off of their drugs... and while I'm no conspiracy nut, I'm sure someone's making a bunch of cash over this. H1N1 isn't worth all the worrying, and our society is so caught up in killing everthing with meds that we're the diseases are adapting and getting worse (it was on House last week... that means its true).

If I ever have kids, I'm going to make them eat dirt so their body actually knows how to fight a flu, rather than doping them up on benedryl so that by the time they're 60 they can't even get a cold without being hospitalized. Yeah, how's that for a rant?

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
After seeing this I will probably never get the swine flu shot.

Role
  1. Private
I think I had a flu of some sort...i was sick for a good 2 weeks

fever (which turned into low body temp)
cloged ear canal (eventually got to the point i would almost fall over from dizziness if i stood up)
yucky caugh/cold
body aches

and now that I'm better all i want to do is eat and sleep :\

oh and for the record, no shot for me :D
and i dun want one either >.>

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have to get it because of the program I'm in at school. (Medical) I just haven't yet.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I only got it because my Dad really wanted me to get and I happened to already be at the doctors getting tested for the Swine after I had suddenly gotten sick. The vaccine made me sick for a week. It was stupid.

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I could get it free from the university, so why not.

KodyNewlight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
I got it...but they were offering free shots at the University clinic so I figured "why not?"

In hind sight I thought...

1) the Vaccine was kinda rushed into production...
2) It just came out so there's not really much info on it...

It was then that I thought "oh...my...gosh...I'm gonna get the T-Virus!!!" XD
sillyness aside...I really was just kinda like "hey, it's a free H1N1 shot...why not??" and got the Vaccine...*shrugs*

M

Mako

After seeing this I will probably never get the swine flu shot.

I saw Jim Carry and Jenny McCarthy and I stopped. Lets make this very clear, those two are absolutely, postivly batshit insane retarded when it comes to vaccines. They still advocate it's vaccines that cause autism, even though time after time, test after test, it's been consistenty proven to have no relationship what so ever.

Oh funny story, yeah, neither did this one. Blaming the swine flu vaccine turned out to be full of shit, and no link has been shown. It was a psychogenic issue (that means it was all in her head, bitch be crazy). She did make a full recovery with the doctor who had blamed the vaccines "toxins" (you hear that word from your doctor, and you haven't drank bleach. Run). You wanna guess how? Injecting filtered piss into her. I'm not kidding, he filtered her pee and injected it back into her body. But he thinks tried and true methods such as vaccines are evil.

A little research goes a long way. So let's move onto swine flu.

Swine flu comes from pigs. Does chicken pox come from chickens? No. It's just a name, but too many people were idiots so it was switched to the more precise H1N1.

More people have died from regular flu then h1n1. That's true.

Regular flu is just as deadly or more deadly then swine flu. Most people will not die from h1n1, other then ones who may have died from regular flu. That isn't the worry. This flu has the potential, and already has taken down perfectly healthy people who should and would have survived the regular flu. As well that current vaccines did squat for this flu. That's the concern.

The vaccine was rushed. It was developed quickly, but they didn't have to reinvent the wheel. We've been making vaccines for quite some time.

There's not much info on the vaccine. Have you tried the experts? Google isn't recommended here as the vaccine conspiracy theorists are out in full force this year, trumpeting up the "deadlynesss" of a method that has been proven to greatly improve the health of the entire world. Polio and whooping cough have a few words for anti-vaccine advocates.

My age group just recently became eligible, so hopefully I'll be getting my shot later this week. Despite my deathly fear of needles.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleFlint

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I won't be getting it, unless I have the time. The time includes the week that im going to be sick from getting the damn thing. I had a normal flu shot a couple moths back and was sick for a week now this one seems to have worse side effects.

I don't really have anything against the vaccine and the flu itself wasn't all it was made out to be. Besides, I refrain from have slivers of metal stabbed underneath my skin and injecting a forgien substance most of the time. (Now its just having blood drawn... *Shudders* gaw, fricken.. just.. ick..:yucky: )

Usagi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I know what I'm going to say is going to make me sound like one of those stuck-up, narrow-minded individuals, but I figured out while I was writing this that I really don't care.

H1N1. Real threat for age groups 1-24? Yeah. If you're sick. If you're like every other perfectly healthy individual, there's no need to have some random, rushed vaccine injected into you and let who-knows-what enter your body. A friend of mine got the vaccine, and currently she's experiencing organ failure. A rare case, yes, I know, but still, think about it. That could very well be you as it could be me, if I choose to get that vaccine.

Now I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the flu is pretty damn easy to manage. Take pain killers, sip some soup, and sleep it off. Don't stress yourself, quit eating the nasty junk food that probably banged up your immune system anyway, and stay clean (yes, that means washing your hands, gasp!) and you'll be fine. If you're one of those people who normally go like this:

"OMG H1N1 IS GONNA KILL US ALL GOTTA GET THAT VACCINE NAO."

then go get the vaccine. But, if you've weighed your options, realized you'll be fine like you were the countless past years when the regular flu came around and did it's nasty job, then shrug it off, laugh at everyone who's having a panic attack over it, and continue your life.

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If I ever have kids, I'm going to make them eat dirt so their body actually knows how to fight a flu, rather than doping them up on benedryl so that by the time they're 60 they can't even get a cold without being hospitalized. Yeah, how's that for a rant?

well its not unheard of. look up king mithradates the VI of pontus (not sure which one)
Mithridatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but it is extremely risky youd have to get JUST the right amount of tetenus in them to not wipe them out.

as for vaccine side effects. look, side effects will always happen as long as we ingest stuff, it is somewhat russian roulette with vaccines and drugs.. for most of the time, the benefits outweigh the side effects, but theres always a chance tat itll hit you hard, for all we know, mithradates himself could in theory have reacted negetively to his 'antidote concoction' and his poisens consuming despite being a sublethal dose, its all hit and miss,but those side effects i dont think are qute the reason to stop producing vaccines.

as for profiting on this.i know one guy who isnt being high and mighty, and thats the inventor of tamiflu from what i understand he just sees the happening of his invention being used alot as a unintended consequence.
as for the conspiracy theories regarding the contents of the vaccine. i cant really say.

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
H1N1 is another conspiracy between the government and pharmaceutical companies to make billions of dollars, IMO of course. It's been said over and over again that it's no more dangerous than seasonal flu.

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
H1N1 is another conspiracy between the government and pharmaceutical companies to make billions of dollars, IMO of course. It's been said over and over again that it's no more dangerous than seasonal flu.

Your second statement is blatantly not true. H1N1 is different and more dangerous because it acts much more aggressively towards individuals with OTHERWISE healthy immune systems than the seasonal flu.

Furthermore, the fact that an outbreak of its size and strength was maintained throughout the year is indicative of the fact that this is an abnormal flu and to treat it with the blatant disregard that you are, claiming it is a part of a conspiracy, is borderline stupid and just plain anti-intellectual.

You can claim that our response has been too manic - and I would agree. But to claim it's a conspiracy is just silly.

People have died from it - thousands more have been seriously ill. The vaccine may be a 'consortium' between the government and vaccine companies, but that is because there is a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.