Gun Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
OK. I'm curious what everyone's stance on gun control is. I personally enjoy going out to the range and mutilating paper targets. My enjoyment of guns stems from earning the Rifle Shooting and Shotgun Shooting merit badges with my Boy Scout troop. My stance on gun control is that it is my right to own firearms, as per the second amendment of the Constitution. I think that people with mental issues should not be allowed to own firearms, along with people convicted of felony offenses(and some misdemenors). Now, I own 4 guns so far, two .22 bolt action rifles, a Stag Arms AR-15, and a Binelli 20 Gauge shotgun. Pictures below.

(Both .22 rifles are the same make and model)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I subscribe to the old addage "A well armed society is a polite society."

F

FullMetal

I can't believe you have a stag o_O I didn't think you could own that if you weren't in the army. Can I come over! I always wanted to try one of those out!

And my thoughts on gun control?

Well, I dream of having a Mac 10, does that clear anything up >.> ?

I can't wait until I am old enough to start owning guns. You would never think of me as that kind of person, but they interest me so much. I will probably start off with a Smith and Wesson, then go on from there :D

FullMetal

Role
Diaper Lover
I've fired a Mac 10, with a silencer. It was most epic. Legal to own in mich, need to buy it first illegally, then submit the serial number for a permit to own it.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
guns don't serve a purpose... i really don't think anyone should own one and i think the second amendment is... not worth going into.

having said all of that, if you own a gun and enjoy it, awesome. they largely don't affect me so who am i to tell people what they can and cant do?

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I am a firm believer in amendment 2. I also wish that death rows would stop spending millions on crazy execution apparatus like he gas chamber or electric chair. We need guns in this capacity.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I believe people should be allowed to own guns, if over the age of 18, and have had no previous criminal offenses or mental problems.

Role
Private
My stance on gun control is that it is my right to own firearms, as per the second amendment of the Constitution. I think that people with mental issues should not be allowed to own firearms, along with people convicted of felony offenses(and some misdemenors).
That sounds good on paper, but won't work unless you enforce it and that statement seems rather contradictory. All people have a right to firearms, except those with issues or criminal record? That doesn't exactly stop a person with no history of mental illness and no criminal record from going out and shooting a few people up. You seem adamant about gun control, but don't offer any possible solution to the issue.

All I know is that here in Australia, it is a long and somewhat troublesome process to attain any sort of gun. Amidst background checks, you must have proper training to obtain a licence. I don't see it as the government denying me the right to own a gun, I see it as the government protecting me from any sort of idiot or maniac from having a weapon that can kill. Not that I'm calling it coincidence (although it certainly seems that way), but there is significantly less gun-related deaths here than there are in the US. How many murders or killing sprees does it take to wake up and realise that (whilst it is well in your right to own a firearm) that these things do kill and that common sense should prevail in the form of tightening up gun laws.

Unfortunately for Australia, we had to learn the hard way. But thankfully, federal government addressed the problem appropriately.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
As a hunter i support some legislation to control guns but not all out banning.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I won't go into my strongly opinionated, stereotypically Republican viewpoint on gun control, but I'll bring forth a common phrase whose effect I see absolutely every day in my job:

"Gun control keeps legal people from protecting themselves with the guns that criminals use every day."

As the proud owner of many -- and yes, many -- of my own guns for sporting, historical, and self-defense's sake, I'm sure you know where I stand on gun control.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
guns don't serve a purpose... i really don't think anyone should own one and i think the second amendment is... not worth going into.
Well theres hunting, self defense, and it can serve as a deterrent. Would you go break into a house or rob someone if theres a chance they are packing a gun and might shoot you and give you to the cops?

If guns were banned the ONLY people who will have the guns is the cops, the armed forces and CRIMINALS.

That said I don't like guns and I do not think I'll keep one for personal safety. I might get one for target training.
----------------
Now playing: NintendoWorldReport.com - Episode 101: Silky Smooth
via FoxyTunes

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
after being on the other side of the fence seeing no real use to guns as a self defense merit i say go for it. if you're going to own a gun, go get one. as far as i'm concerned no one's really going to use them for self defense anyway and most shots end up in friendly fire mishaps anyways. i perfer airsoft, paintball, or any other shooting analogue over the real thing any day. i don't need a gun to protect myself and i don't see a revolution happening anytime soon.

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Here's my view on the whole gun control issue:
Hand guns: sure
Rifles: Absolutely
Shotguns: Fine by me
Assault rifles: Um...no
Automatic weapons: No way
Anything .50 cal or above: There is no legitimate reason a civilian would need something this powerful.

Now I support the 2nd amendment, but I think that there should be some limits.

Role
Diaper Lover
Ranger you haven't fired anything full auto have you, if you had, you might not want to ban them as much.

I think we need to take a large soldier, mix Assault rifles+Anything .50 cal or above and see what happens to jihadest bastards.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Gun control? Easy: Give them all to me and I'll dismantle them and sell them for scrap metal.

On the issue of whether guns are useful or not: People in favor of free gun use always cite on argument - what I call "The Cold War Argument":
People need guns to protect themselves against other people with guns. As soon as person 1 has less firing power than person 2, person 2 has an undue advantage.
That may work in a political setting on a worldwide stage, where any country with nuclear weapons can completely wipe out any other country at the push of a button (or if we fire all nuclear bombs at once, we can push the earth out of its orbit around the sun...I've always wanted to go exploring space :D). On an individual level, it won't work. Because the criminals still have the advante of being more skilled in using the weapon, and they have the surprise in their favor two when they enter your house and you catch them unprepared. There will never be a level playing field with guns!
So in the light of that argument: Why not allow people to own nuclear guns? Imagine how easy it would be to retaliate when your neighbor's dog craps on your front lawn again. Push the red button and the neighbors are blasted to hell!

Peachy

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My idea of gun control is keeping the barrel pointed in the right direction to get the most effect on the prefered target, whatever that may be.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Right at the skull of death row inmates.
Ok well I know this might upset some people and its also off topic of gun control.

I think death row inmates should all be placed in a single file line, get out a high powered rifle like say a elephant gun and use 1 single bullet to kill as many as you can. They are death row inmates and right now we feed and cloth them until a set date on where we kill them, we give them their own rooms etc.

We are in a sense keeping them alive so we can kill them on a later date. In a Episode of house they saved a death row inmates life just so he can be killed on the set date. To that I have to ask "What The Hell!?"

(note I won't be upset if this is removed or anything I just wanted to put this out there. Also I was sort of joking about the whole line up a bunch of people to save money on killing them. Tough its the most effective way I can think of also the cheapest.)
----------------
Now playing: The Feeling - Sewn (Radio Edit)
via FoxyTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.