Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperboy731

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So recently I’ve deleted everything all my social media and got rid of all my diaper stuff. but now i’m coming back to diapers again. is this bad?

Reactions: jspoter
id say its normal, its fear and guilt of it, returning isnt a bad thing necesarily, its not time for you to quit yet, i wouldnt be hard on yourself

Reactions: chamberpot
Honestly, sounds like a fairly classic Binge/Purge cycle. There's nothing inherently wrong with that; like many, many things good and bad are going to be situational and relative. The questions you should be asking yourself are: is this negatively impacting my life? And why are you feeling guilt? It's not always easy to figure out the answers to those questions, but those answers should form the foundation of what you do next.
As a general rule, though, most people around here would argue that ABDL activities by and large aren't harmful and in many cases prove beneficial.

• Love
Reactions: chamberpot, lil_baby_tigger, Draxas and 3 others
As others have said, this is normal. I've been through this a few times myself, and, in the end, I've always been drawn back to my AB side. I have come to accept that it is just part of who I am, but it has taken me a while to get there, and it's still not something I'd feel able to discuss with friends and family.

I think we're all at different stages on our personal journeys with this, but supportive communities like this make a real difference.

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger and BobbiSueEllen
This is perfectly normal, but you don't need to go through this kind of cycle. There's no reason to be ashamed of the kind of underwear you like to wear. It took me a long time to get off that rollercoaster too, but now I'm perfectly ok with the fact that sometimes I just want to wear a diaper and sometimes I don't. There's lots of other things that you like sometimes and not others and that's ok - being unnecessarily hard of yourself is what is actually bad. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself out loud that you like diapers, and tell yourself that it is ok!

Reactions: chamberpot, BobbiSueEllen and Alexande
diaperboy731 said:
So recently I’ve deleted everything all my social media and got rid of all my diaper stuff. but now i’m coming back to diapers again. is this bad?
It's normal. It's called binge purge.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Traemo said:
Honestly, sounds like a fairly classic Binge/Purge cycle. There's nothing inherently wrong with that; like many, many things good and bad are going to be situational and relative. The questions you should be asking yourself are: is this negatively impacting my life? And why are you feeling guilt? It's not always easy to figure out the answers to those questions, but those answers should form the foundation of what you do next.
As a general rule, though, most people around here would argue that ABDL activities by and large aren't harmful and in many cases prove beneficial.
I mean i feel guilt because i feel weird after doing it. I judge people a lot (it’s a bad quality i have) and I feel like i’m hypocritical for wearing diapers and idk.

i l
Runner said:
This is perfectly normal, but you don't need to go through this kind of cycle. There's no reason to be ashamed of the kind of underwear you like to wear. It took me a long time to get off that rollercoaster too, but now I'm perfectly ok with the fact that sometimes I just want to wear a diaper and sometimes I don't. There's lots of other things that you like sometimes and not others and that's ok - being unnecessarily hard of yourself is what is actually bad. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself out loud that you like diapers, and tell yourself that it is ok!
i like that :)

This is normal and something that most of us can relate to. whilst I've never thrown my nappies away i have dumped other stuff.
There are 2 factors at play here.

1, your NEED to be an ab and to have that security and possibly love if you have a supportive partner that you missed out on (that;s simplified there can be many reasons people become an ab).

2, Your conditioning as a child. "Big boys/girls use the toilet, only babies need nappies" - "James is 6 months younget than you and he's already in big boy pants" etc etc. So your adult subconscious is telling you all the same things and that wearing nappies is wrong and somehow sinful (in some cases). But whatever you do the need or urge to wear will get stronger until you go out and buy all the things you've thrown away. If you don't that baby inside you will start to cause problems that can impinge to a greater or lesser degree on your adult world.

PCBaby said:
This is normal and something that most of us can relate to. whilst I've never thrown my nappies away i have dumped other stuff.
There are 2 factors at play here.

1, your NEED to be an ab and to have that security and possibly love if you have a supportive partner that you missed out on (that;s simplified there can be many reasons people become an ab).

2, Your conditioning as a child. "Big boys/girls use the toilet, only babies need nappies" - "James is 6 months younget than you and he's already in big boy pants" etc etc. So your adult subconscious is telling you all the same things and that wearing nappies is wrong and somehow sinful (in some cases). But whatever you do the need or urge to wear will get stronger until you go out and buy all the things you've thrown away. If you don't that baby inside you will start to cause problems that can impinge to a greater or lesser degree on your adult world.
Thanks!!

diaperboy731 said:
diaperboy731
There is a discussion thread on the Binge and Purge Cycle in the Articles section under the ABDL Community tab. I am sure you will find a parallel between your experience of the Cycle and at least some of the others members who have posted there.

Regards. Dylan.

The binge and purge is something that I used to do before I developed a need for diapers. Over the years I had accumulated plastic pants, my initial object of desire, and then would feel guilty, as you have, and get rid of them. Often I would go out and rescue the objects of my desire from the trash if the desire arrived before trash pickup did. I’m not sure if I’ve ceased doing this because after experiencing a seizure I find myself incontinent and in need of diapers and covers, if it’s due to me now living alone, or a combination of these factors. It would seem that there’s been an overuse of “I’s” and I will have to quit now as that was my last one. Stay padded, but quit feeling guilty about it!

There will come a time in your life when you come to a fork in the road: acceptance or continued binge-purge and its continuing downward spiral of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. This is a lot like Spider-Man: into the Spider-Verse: we didn't ask for it...it just happened and it's here. We gotta learn to come with terms of coexistence or the continuing conflict can drive us nuts...and make us progressively nuttier. Sure, it's nuts in and of itself, but we gotta cope/compromise somehow to lessen the severity. Just my opinion...

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger, BabyDavidMessiah and Kayleigh
I'd like to think I'm at the acceptance stage.. as far as it doing damage by not running with it is VERY true... That abdl child inside of me is tired of the binge/purge cycle.. it's 24/7 time... luckily the girl I'm interested in is an open person and somewhat lesbian/bi so i can only pray she'll one day be the mommy i need

Don't be guilty for wearing diapers. It's better than doing illegal drugs and get in trouble. Diapers are type of clothing.

• Sad
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger and Kayleigh
No I am a bad little... I've done drugs.. got in trouble.. but that is behind me now.. but thank you.. 🖤

Reactions: LittleJames97
diaperboy731 said:

This is about as totally normal as can be. The majority of us who are DL or ABDL have gone through periods of "binge" exploring and wearing diapers regularly, and "purge" hating that we have this interest and eliminating it from our lives.

But the truth is that for almost everyone, this isn't a desire that will simply go away. It is somehow programmed into how we are. ...I know others may disagree with this next statement, but I think it it similar to how we are gender programmed. For in that it is truthfully what I can observe from many years of exploring websites and here on Adisc and other places, as well as my own experience is actually that strong of a desire and makeup within ourselves. It can be a source of internal conflict, as many of us initially don't want to be different from others. We may struggle to deny it and even go sometimes for years without indulging in it. But most always, it seems we simply can't deny the feelings we have towards it.

So is it wrong? After many years of binge and purge, including into adulthood, I finally realized that it really is not something to stress so much over. It is part of who I am. I have learned to control it, and not let "it" control me. There is nothing morally wrong, illegal, or harmful in the act of wearing a diaper because of these desires. Yes, there certainly are other opinions on this, but after so much contemplation, and half a lifetime of examining this, I have come to the personal conclusion that it isn't something to be ashamed of. Rather, I have embraced the fact that it is part of who I am and actually makes me a stronger person because of it.

Cowboys and diapers just don't seem to go together do they? If you were given a picture of a cowboy and told to say the first word that came to your mind, would you ever think of "diaper" or "baby"? I think not. But that is the paradox of who I am. I am a rough and tumble real life cowboy, who rides horses in places such as you would see in the movie "The Man from Snowy River", and works from before dawn until after dark, in the hot sun, sweating, bleeding, fixing fences and working my *^s off, in the most adult and typified as "masculine" settings, but yet I am still a little and have a fondness for the soft fluffy feel of a diaper and regressing to my earlier days of childhood.

But despite what the "norm" of society might think of this, I truly believe it helps balance my life. The so strong adult parts of my life, where I have to be the hero and save the day is balanced by the innocence and helplessness of being little. The two extremes actually make me a better and more balanced person.

So is going back to diapers bad? No it is not. Rather, it is just part of who you are and not something you should feel ashamed of. It truly is a badge of honor rather than shame.

I hope that you might soon find your own place of balance with this.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 50300, Kayleigh, DylanLewis and 2 others
Wow!!! I couldn't have said that better myself... deep insight, and very true... I'm on day 4 of 24/7 myself.. day two of wearing at work... I can relate to about everything you said... 😋

Sit back and enjoy the ride, it'll always be easier if you work along with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back