Guilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi,
So I just started wearing diapers and after I use one I feel all guilty about using it and then take it off righaway. Is this normal and how do I get over it?

MonkeyDoodle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
It's very common for people to feel this way at first, but over time that feeling of guilt will fade only to be replaced with the feeling of comfort, so don't worry yourself about it kid-o it's perfectly normal.

Millbay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Private
Hi there
I too had the same feeling at first. I know we are all different however what I did is to learn to trust my diaper and understand its limit and keep the diaper on rather than changing it right away.

Paxe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When you were potty training, you probably learned to feel guilty about wetting or making a mess in your underwear, and that obligation to keep your clothes clean and dry has been part of your life ever since. But of course, nappies are not just normal underwear. They are specially designed to be wet and messed in, just like toilets, so there's no need to feel guilty about using them for their intended purpose. Every time you wet your nappy, focus on the positive aspect of how sensible you have been to wear and use it, rather than wet your pants and make a puddle.

broda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi za I'm sure that the guilty feeling is just transient and soon you will get used to it and start to enjoy the feeling

KierooTheCub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Happened to me too when I first bought my first pack of diapers. Only used one and threw the whole package because I felt guilty... But now, I will only throw them when my mom decides to clean my room. And I feel guilty for throwing them away

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Most of us have gone through this. You are just going through the steps of acceptance. When you went through potty training, parents always shame their kids when they have an accident. During this time, it can get pretty stressful for both the parent and child. Then as the child gradually graduates from pull-ups to underwear, and when the kids has an accident at that stage they usually start shaming their kids by saying things like " Do you want to wear a diaper"? "Diapers are for babies". This is where the guilt comes from. Parents sometimes go to desperate measures to potty train their kids especially when it comes to embarrassing their kids to gain the upper hand. This guilt is embedded in all kids it seems.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Guilt Not me I only feel satisfaction especially after a big pee or a good poop

L

Lozza1979

I wouldn't say I feel guilt, however I'm quite self aware that what I do will be considered strange to many and I often worry about my friends reaction were they to find out.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Happened to me too when I first bought my first pack of diapers. Only used one and threw the whole package because I felt guilty... But now, I will only throw them when my mom decides to clean my room. And I feel guilty for throwing them away

WHAT ! waste good diapers I would rather get caught

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Many young ab/dl's - and probably some not so young ones as well - experience guilt. It simply comes from doing something that's considered outside of society's norms. It seems that liking diapers and other baby items causes extra guilt because all of our lives we're usually expected to ''act our age.'' Even children experience this - ever heard a child tease another with something along the lines of ''Stop being such a baby?''

The key is to put aside society's standards of what is ''normal.'' For example, why is filling your lungs with dangerous cigarette smoke considered more ''adult'' than wearing a diaper or sucking a pacifier to soothe ourselves, if we're so inclined?

You may also want to check out this article on self-acceptance http://www.adisc.org/forum/articles/83332-accepting-yourself-your-liking-diapers.html

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have to agree. I think this also stems from childhood and when we are taught to be potty trained. Good boy or girl for going in toilet and no longer needing diapers. Once you get over this, you will get comfort from wearing!:)

It's very common for people to feel this way at first, but over time that feeling of guilt will fade only to be replaced with the feeling of comfort, so don't worry yourself about it kid-o it's perfectly normal.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
ADISC forum has helped me with that. I used to tell myself I was not normal to purposely wet my bed. There was some guilt, but the comfort and pleasure always outweighed that. Now that I am starting to see it as my lifestyle choice instead of my secret problem, I can wet all day long and not feel a bit guilty. I usually wear one too long and do not change until it starts to leak, so I have to put a pad on my bed. I mostly only feel guilty if it gets on my sheets because I think that would be more embarrassing getting caught peeing in his bed than just wearing or using a diaper.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My thought on the guilt is to really examine the question of why. Going back to basic values: you should feel guilty if you're hurting someone, or hurting yourself. But diapers, at least on their own, do neither of these things. For most of us, they actually make us more stable, contented, and overall balanced in daily life. That's unusual, since the majority of the population doesn't feel that way, but there are plenty of unusual things.

MapleBerries

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Some words that adequately describe the situation leading towards guilt.. I feel that this is what you are experiencing as well.

Annoyance, Separation from society, Why me?, Not truthful, Dirty, Fear of discovery, Inconvenient at times, Guilt of secrecy, No interaction, Need Courage among peers (in a diaper lol), Living a secret, Stress, Expensive. Lonely.

Most of us are limited to online interaction.. you don't see the personality of the like minded people, their true lives, their ups and downs; we're so limited. =|

Right now I'm pondering on whether to find help, find solutions to help solve these problems. Replace diapers with a great girlfriend ;) I will find the girl, but can I rid diapers?

Fascinating

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Yes you will. She will be so wonderful that she will capture your every thought.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Some words that adequately describe the situation leading towards guilt.. I feel that this is what you are experiencing as well.

Annoyance, Separation from society, Why me?, Not truthful, Dirty, Fear of discovery, Inconvenient at times, Guilt of secrecy, No interaction, Need Courage among peers (in a diaper lol), Living a secret, Stress, Expensive. Lonely.

Most of us are limited to online interaction.. you don't see the personality of the like minded people, their true lives, their ups and downs; we're so limited. =|

Right now I'm pondering on whether to find help, find solutions to help solve these problems. Replace diapers with a great girlfriend ;) I will find the girl, but can I rid diapers?

Yes you will. She will be so wonderful that she will capture your every thought.

Getting rid of diapers due to a relationship isn't really borne out by comments here on the site. Diaper desires can come and go but they do tend to return over the long haul, regardless of who we love or what we're up to. Don't bet on the desire going away just because it gets overwhelmed by something more important for a time.

Fascinating

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Yeah I've already lived with it for over 30 years and it does not look like it is going away any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.