• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Guess it's time for me to say Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilious

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'm quite introverted, that's why I've put off making an introduction for so long, and why I have no idea what I should say, but I guess:
Hello?

I work in a small shop in a small town in a small country.
I'm addicted to computer games, especially Fallout, and I aspire to be an artist, or a writer, or a game designer, my mind is full of stories that I just can't find an effective way to share.

Mostly I'm here for advice, in particular about family. My partner doesn't understand my interest in diapers, but otherwise we are very much in love. Also we an adorable baby daughter who I fear will one day be asking me some very awkward questions.

reptilious said:
I'm quite introverted, that's why I've put off making an introduction for so long, and why I have no idea what I should say, but I guess:
Hello?

Hello, Reptilious. The AIIC (ADISC Introvert-Inclusive Club, invented just now for this post) welcomes you!

I'm quite introverted too, and really put off joining any internet things for quite a while. It's good here.

I work in a small shop in a small town in a small country.
I'm addicted to computer games, especially Fallout, and I aspire to be an artist, or a writer, or a game designer, my mind is full of stories that I just can't find an effective way to share.

I work in a big store in a medium city in a big country. Almost the opposite. Is it nice and cool and shady there? I live in a high desert and it's super hot and sunny here.

I don't play many games except Skyrim these days. Usually I'm programming. Sometimes I have neat ideas for how games should work but can't think of the rest of the game. A nifty ruleset with no plot or characters is not very interesting, now is it?

Mostly I'm here for advice, in particular about family. My partner doesn't understand my interest in diapers, but otherwise we are very much in love. Also we an adorable baby daughter who I fear will one day be asking me some very awkward questions.

I can't give that advice, but it's been asked for (and answered) quite a lot here, so I'm sure you'll find it. According to the site name, it's what we do.

Hi SpottedLion
Weather wise we have it pretty lucky here at the moment, it is supposed to be winter but it's unseasonably warm so it's quite nice.
Skyrim is an awesome game, I must have played hundreds of hours of it. I've done a bit of programming, and yea characters are a bit of a problem for me too, in my head they seem ok, but when I write they come out kind of hollow.

It was kind of warm this winter... not as many super cold days like last year. Less snow. Apparently summer started. I didn't notice because it's just been hot the whole time.

I have sunk a silly number of hours into Skyrim considering how long I've had it installed. For the first week all of my waking hours not spent at work were playing it.

I say let someone else provide the characters. Also the names. (Can't get a few coworker's names straight. Making up new ones is not gonna happen.) I much more enjoy doing the geography and mechanics anyways. Drawing maps is quite fun. Have a funny one on the table I may eventually use for something.

I got Skyrim when it came out but for the first week I couldn't even play it because steam messed up the update, well lets just say steam and I have issues...
I used to love drawing maps when I was younger, especially when I was supposed to be doing school work.

Steam and I are ok for now. I don't play games enough to give it enough opportunities to bite me.

Bonus points if you bring in the map to school to work on it there as well.

I was home schooled back then, so I usualy had a map on my desk that I would cover with other stuff when I heard my mum coming. When I got older and went to highschool I had moved on to drawing women with ridiculous boobs, but that's a teenager for you lol

SpottedLion said:
Bonus points if you bring in the map to school to work on it there as well.
More Bonus Points if you convince them the map IS schoolwork?

And heyla, reptilious, welcome to ADISC. We've got a few writer's running around (we saved the Story Forum). I'd like to day I'm among them . . . but personal stuff is keeping me some what mute on that score. What sorts of things do you write? What kinds of games did you want to make?

Hi Traemo
There is two main ideas I have at the moment for a story/game, one is set in a fantasy/steampunk kingdom, it's kind of a dystopian world with magic and wierd science ruled over by rival guilds. The other is a desperate last stand with humanity fighting to survive against an army of genetically engineered mutants in a post apocalyptic wasteland.
If they were games the first would be an RPG where you start off as an ordinary citizen trying to survive then go on to save the kingdom from catastrophe, the second an RTS where you try to lead a human or mutant army to global conquest.

Traemo said:
More Bonus Points if you convince them the map IS schoolwork?

Actually, for my design technology (CAD) class, I entered one of my existing maps into SketchUp then rendered a fly-through with textures in blender and submitted the video as the final project.

reptilious said:
There is two main ideas I have at the moment for a story/game, one is set in a fantasy/steampunk kingdom, it's kind of a dystopian world with magic and wierd science ruled over by rival guilds. The other is a desperate last stand with humanity fighting to survive against an army of genetically engineered mutants in a post apocalyptic wasteland.
If they were games the first would be an RPG where you start off as an ordinary citizen trying to survive then go on to save the kingdom from catastrophe, the second an RTS where you try to lead a human or mutant army to global conquest.

If you do those right, they'd be totally cool! I'd love playing the mutant side and wiping out humans. >:) (You never get to play as the bad guys enough. Always the hero.)

SpottedLion said:
I'd love playing the mutant side and wiping out humans. >:) (You never get to play as the bad guys enough. Always the hero.)

I totally agree, the bad guys never get any love and sometimes its good to be evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back