• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
well i have been useing gaurds for just a way to help me become inconteint. they are wallgreens brand.
comfort:really annoying at first but after that good
absorbansy: a little less that a under jam.
other: you cannot pee realy fast or else it does nothing. alot eiasier to change at school and smaller.

what are your thoughts about these? for girls pads

A

Asher

I could see them as a good stuffer I guess. I've never tried them before, so I don't know.

You said you used them to help you become incontinent. If you don't mind me asking: do you really want to become incontinent at this time, considering you'll be entering high school soon? If I were you, I would at least wait till you're in college and you have a little more privacy, but that's just my opinion.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use guards, but mainly because I have to in order to deal with some very minor drips. Personally, I don't mind them at all, I barely notice them. As for absorbency, they are for minor drips, that's it, nothing more.

Edit: I use the guards for men, just saw something was mentioned about female ones, wanted to clarify.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yeah, seriously you might want to wait. I mean in HS people kind of don't care what you do with your friends or with your self after like 11th grade, but in 9th you are all still immature 8th graders. You won't get like destroyed for wearing diapers, at least where I come from. In my HS everyone is pretty cool with your own beliefs and what not. But, people may ignore you and friends desert you, which will be hell knowing that you are completely alone. I have felt that way before and trust me it SUCKS big time!!!

All I am saying is maybe just wait a little while before you go through with this plan.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
well, considering what has been going on yea i guess i should wait. but that is beside the point.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have used guards but only for the small leaks. It happens to me, not every day but more than once a week I guess. I'm using the Tena Serenity Male Guards. I hardly feel their presence at all, and they do their job.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I mostly use them as stuffers. Every once in a while I will use the full size ones instead of a full diaper... They are basically the same thing but they go in you underwear and don't have tapes.

ExtraFluff

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got a "male guard" as a free sample from HDIS just to try it. I liked the feel of it in the underwear but, like undergarments and protective underwear, they do not hold up when you try a "full flow", so to speak.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have a male guard in my underwear everyday to deal with minor drips.
They can be a bit uncomfortable at times, but you get used to it.
Beats wet underwear and pants.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
I have, but only as a stuffer for when I feel like a thicker diaper.

Ch3stersGhost

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
never tried one, what is it anyway? But I want to

I don't even wear diapers yet and I can answer that! Basically, it makes your diaper more absorbent so if you pee into it, then the guard will take the pee before the diaper will. Or it can be used for men/women who tend to dribble urine in their pants.

findlay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
can people please clarify minor drips?

when i was about 14 i had a (UTI) Urinary Tract Infection.... not sexually related i think they put it down to stress which is really uncommon for boys .... anyway after the exploratory operation (EO), which involves a camera..and i think you can guess the rest, i have always had some dripping after i wee. i have never told my mum or dad when he was alive, but i never had it before the EO. So i just want to know how much is minor drips?? i'm almost 21 so its been close to 7 years and it still happends!!

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
can people please clarify minor drips?

when i was about 14 i had a (UTI) Urinary Tract Infection.... not sexually related i think they put it down to stress which is really uncommon for boys .... anyway after the exploratory operation (EO), which involves a camera..and i think you can guess the rest, i have always had some dripping after i wee. i have never told my mum or dad when he was alive, but i never had it before the EO. So i just want to know how much is minor drips?? i'm almost 21 so its been close to 7 years and it still happends!!

Yeah, I'd say that's minor drip, and probably just the kind that the guards are intended to help with. For me, it's just a bit after I pee, I think it's something called post-micturition dribble, and it's enough to make me have to wear a guard.

One thing I've noticed in this thread is that there seems to be a misconception about "guards" and "boost's" and I'll try to explain the difference so that those of you who want/need either of these products know which to get and why. First off as for guards, there's two types, ones for men, such as Depend for Men, Tena for Men, and a variety of generic store brands. They are for light urine loss, and they are designed to fit the male anatomy. There are also these guards for women. They are shaped like maxi pads, but are designed for urine loss, not period protection. In the U.S., you'll see Poise, Tena Serenity, and I'm assuming some generics.

These guards are meant to be used alone, in snug fitting underwear for light drips. They have adhesive backing. Now, as for boosts, in the U.S. Depend makes a product called "Boost" They are similar to guards, but the main difference is that they do not have a waterproof backing like guards do, they are meant to absorb liquid, but allow excess to flow through and are meant to be used in a diaper to increase absorbency. If you experience any type of urine loss at all, do not use Boosts solely in your underwear, as it will leak through.

Sorry, but I figured that the differences needed to be spelled out.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Guards/pads and "boosters" or "doublers" are very different things. The terms really aren't interchangable.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
I don't really see how using 'guards' is going to help you become incontinent, since you have to concentrate on controlling your flow and exercising your muscles that you use to hold back your urine.
If anything, you're making yourself more continent.

Incontinence: It's not what you wet, it's how you wet.

mooster

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't care for guards too much they feel puffy like a woman's sanitary napkin
:(

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
^ Not this again..

Obviously, someone besides you and your own personal view on the topic. Some people enjoy choking themselves or getting zapped with tazers. Just because you don't, doesn't mean they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.