• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

GTA 4 PC Save-game problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Ok, I have GTA 4 for PC installed on my computer running Windows Vista. I had the save games backed up before I reformatted. I reinstalleD GTA4, put the save files in the EXACT same place they were before and yet GTA4 still forces me to start a new game.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Because I KNOW that the save file worked before I reformatted.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The solution is to uninstall the game, even on the best consumer computers you can barely run the game. I only get like 18-24 FPS at best on the lowest settings yet I can play crysis on medium at 28-30 FPS..

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
It runs like a beast on my computer... I've got more than enough video memory, and 8 Gigabytes of RAM.

My 9800 GT can played Crysis MAXED and GTA 4 MAXED...

its the 1024 mb card..

The best card i've owned. period.

I'll get a 295, eventually. right now i am in a transitional state in my life and can't afford a whole hell of a lot, but I DID just upgrade my laptop to a 7200 rpm sata drive :)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
the GPU and ram doesn't really matter that much to GTA4, it really craves a 4 core processor which is stupid as hell since crysis runs just fine on dual cores and that has better physics and graphics.

I am just glad I did not pay to try it out on my PC..

Status
Not open for further replies.