• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Greetings, Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Other
Hello, everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself briefly.

While I am not necessarily an AB or a DL, specifically, I am fascinated by, and extraordinarily curious about, the ABDL subculture. I am looking forward to meeting others and learning about their experiences, feelings, and opinions.

It's a pleasure to make everyone's acquaintance.

Little2Roo

Published Author
Company Rep
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Welcome, Bluefox. Go ahead and ask any questions you want. Of course now I'm curious about your curiosity. How did you discover us? And why ABDL? There are so many fetishes out there. What is it about diapers that interests you?

Anyway, I think you'll find that we are a friendly bunch and will talk your head off, so ask away.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome and ditto. I too am curious mostly because, and this is just my impression of the majority of us, but we are not like the middle age men you see dressed in a diaper on the internet. We come and go, for the most part live normal lives, but also do our diaper thing, often at night.

Anyway, you will have to tell us more about yourself, hobbies, music likes, recreation likes, etc.

amon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Welcome. I do wonder the same thing as the other are wondring about. :p
Do you have any hobbies?

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah, welcome. Indeed the question is. How did you discover us? And why us?

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay here. This is a verry vast group of people. An very helpful, we should be able to answer allot if not all your Q's.

Well hope to ttyl

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Welcome to our community. We're really not an example of a single culture, but a wide variety of people following our own desires and habits. Sometimes we click, sometimes we connect and sometimes we clash. Just like any family. :p

And welcome to a fellow New Yorker, it seems that a lot have joined recently. Meet? Probably not in person until you know us way better and vice-versa. It's not really common for our members to get together in real life (although some are trying to organize regional meets at this very moment).

Anyway, look around, post where you feel like, and generally enjoy yourself.

D

Deleted member 5880

Welcome to the community, Bluefox.

You are the first person whom I have known to have joined to learn about our culture. I greatly appreciate your interest, and you will find the Wiki articles (upper left) most interesting. Also, investigate the website of Bitter Gray. (I would post a link, but I am still in newbie status).

Like the others who have posted before me, I am also curious why you have taken interest in our community.

Anyway, feel free to explore the forum pages. You might find it interesting to compare the teenbaby and adultbaby forums to the diaperlover forums and babyfur forums.

Then again, you may remind yourself that we are a bunch of regular people--visit the offtopic forum and play some thread games.

Anyway, welcome to the community.

wwetbed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
wassup!
wow, another NY adisc member! yippie!!
nope you have a fun summer and a great time being part of the adisc community!
~ Will =)

Role
  1. Other
First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone who posted in this thread for the warm greetings.

Basically, I've always felt an attachment to (what I would later recognize as) ABDL culture in some way from a rather young age. Around the age of 5, I started feeling strange around diapers or anything that resembled them. My face would flush slightly and I would fall completely silent. In a way, that feeling still holds today, to the point where it's extraordinarily difficult for me to even say the word "diaper" in any context, which isn't that terrible, considering it doesn't normally pop up in conversations.

At about age 15, I first discovered ABDL-linked websites, and found myself interested in learning more about the culture. Since then, over the last 6 years, I have had a sortof love/hate, on-and-off relationship with ABDL. But that's probably because I focused more about how it applies to me, rather than how it applies to people, in general. So, my focus switched from my own thoughts, which are still confused and hard to pin down, to those of others.

I've always loved collecting and analyzing opinions; it's only been within the last few months that I've looked at ABDL in this angle. Why are people interested in ABDL, how do they believe their interest was first sparked, and how long have they felt as they do about it? Do most people see it as a culture, or more of a loose group of people with a similar interest in mind or at heart? Is the attraction more physical, mental, emotional, or equally all of the above?

All of these questions have been on my mind, among others.

Personally, I would probably be considered more of a DL than an AB, but, above all, I'm more interested in observing and learning than taking part in age play or role play, neither of which particularly appeals to me, although to say there is absolutely no emotional attachment there would be false.

I hope that answers everyone's questions. If I still haven't made myself clear, though, I'm always willing to further clarify.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.