• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Greetings Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaGamer

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Taking a lead from the Cheat Sheet to a Great Introduction.

1) Hello! Who are you?

A big hello *waves* back to everyone on ADISC. I am JustaGamer. I would describe myself as the light-hearted joker who tries to make people smile. Schooled in IT but work in Marketing putting my IT skills to use managing databases for market analysis and geographical mapping. Happily married and father of one.

2) What brings you here?

I recently started an new Rx and when googling a side effect I am experiencing the 3rd link was to an article in the forums here with someone having the same thing. I am working through somethings that have happened in my life with a doctor. Then as the new year comes around I get hurt, get and Rx, an embarrassing side effect and find a link here. A site that promotes itself clearly as a support site and not for relationships. Without it sounding creepy, it kind of feels like fate was drawing a line for me.
I am and have been a DL since I can remember. But with marriage, my career blooming and a kid coming into the picture I haven’t been a part of any online community in 7-8 years. I just stopped engaging outwardly with it… but as many of you may know… it doesn’t leave you.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests?

Well while going to school I worked in an auto shop so I do all my own car work and that for my friends. I wouldn’t say I haven't done anything crazy like rebuild/restore a classic yet but it is on my bucket list and I have been amassing quite the tool collection.

I like to melt down metal in my backyard and have built my own furnace. So far just collecting ingots but someday I want to invest in molds and make my own chess sets.

Professionally I always pursuing some class, workshop or staying up to date on the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA). Otherwise when I am not parenting or doing one of the above I am gaming.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

My hopes are that this community will let me ask some questions, tell some stories and let me share some of my life experiences that may contribute to your posts or answer some of your questions.

Hello JustaGamer and welcome to the group.

Very nice use of the intro suggestion and very informative.

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Welcome to ADISC!

I was thinking about some additional classes and you mentioned Microsoft Virtual Academy. What do you think about MVA?

Well I think its great but I get it may not be the best learning style for everyone. They do a good job advising what level each module is and if there are others you should do before hand. Its also nice for when you switch projects at work and need to leverage that skill set you haven't used in X years just to refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back