Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Green Day's new album 21st Century Breakdown will be coming out this Friday. I have licened to it and just like American Idiot was anti-war, this album seems to anti-religion taking; aim at those who take the bible to far; ofcourse that's my view.

If your interested in licening to the album Click here.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I thought American Idiot was a bush bashing CD and I find it odd they got paid by John Kerry. It took them 4 years to do a bush bashing CD and it comes out right at a election and they got paid by the democratic rival all around the same time? Even Bright Eye's never went out of their way to bash on Bush despite the lead singer being extremely liberal.

To me it just does not add up, plus their songs on that CD were rather bad IMHO. But I just don't like sellout's of any kind and I do consider them to be sell outs. Plus the best song I like from them was a remake "I broke the law and the law won". I never heard that great of a song that they (Billy Joel) came up.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
>< their version of I fought the law is just bad if you ask me

I can fully see your point there.. I was a kid when it came out so I thought it was good. But since I view green day as a sellout, I never really listen to them anymore.

Papa Roach sounds better anyway..

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I don't think Green Day is all the impressive myself, just sounds like corporate music for the masses...

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I'd listen to some of the song on their new album and I'd like it but I still think Dookie is still their best album to date.

M

Mako

Fire, marketing 101. Controversy sells, it's not a coincidence its damn well intended. Though I've never heard of them being paid by kerry. Source on that?

As for the new record, I'm excited to hear it. I grew up with Green Day, and it's cool they're trying to do concept albums now. They're never going to be the who, but I think more bands should aspire to it.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Even Bright Eye's never went out of their way to bash on Bush despite the lead singer being extremely liberal.

Actually, there's this.

Anyway, I find it hard to get worked up about Green Day's new stuff. I used to like them back in the day and I still listen to International Superhits sometimes. Still, American Idiot and anything that came after it was all just so "look at how punk-rock-but-emo-at-the-same-time we are" directed at 14 years-old girls. For the lack of a better word: meh.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah, but look at the bright side: NOFX has a new album out. I've not heard it yet, is it any good?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Fire, marketing 101. Controversy sells, it's not a coincidence its damn well intended. Though I've never heard of them being paid by kerry. Source on that?

Well either I can't find a clear source or I was wrong about them receiving payment from John Kerry or his campaign. But it's pretty clear since they released their bush bashing in September 2004 a few months before the election they were trying to swing votes as best they could.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Alot of musicians was...eminem , nofx, bad religion, agaist me, anti flag...i could go on.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Well either I can't find a clear source or I was wrong about them receiving payment from John Kerry or his campaign. But it's pretty clear since they released their bush bashing in September 2004 a few months before the election they were trying to swing votes as best they could.

Of course. When you have a megalomaniac Jesus freak at the helm of your country, and he has his finger on the button ready to bring Christian Armageddon down from the heavens, that gets a little dicey after a time. Maybe you try to help him down from his throne, if at all possible.

But the Wal*Martians won out again, and we had four more years regardless of Green Day.

M

Mako

Most likely, the album is politically driven. And being so politically driven, the best time to release it from a marketing stand-point is during a highly volatile election season. It might of worked, the youth vote is the only age segment kerry won.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It might of worked, the youth vote is the only age segment kerry won.

The liberals always get the majority of the youth vote. I am sure Green Day swung some votes or actually got some people to vote. But I don't agree with the way they went about it, it seems they wanted new voters but to vote their way rather then just getting people to vote and decide mostly if not fully for themselves.

M

Mako

The liberals always get the majority of the youth vote. I am sure Green Day swung some votes or actually got some people to vote. But I don't agree with the way they went about it, it seems they wanted new voters but to vote their way rather then just getting people to vote and decide mostly if not fully for themselves.
It happens on both sides, and is simply a fact of life in politics.

I realized that I'm dense and whole albums online already. After listening to it, I gotta say it kicks ass. Their musical styles have matured even further then that of american idiot and albums prior. I can actually see a lot of positive influence in the new album from their time doing foxburo tubs.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It happens on both sides, and is simply a fact of life in politics.

I don't think I ever heard a song that bashes Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Obama, Janet Reno, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Barbra Boxer, Gray Davis or any other liberals I have know or who were big names.

I know some singers are conservative, however I don't like their music. But I figured if anyone of their songs slam anyone who's a liberal I would of heard about it especially on Fox News due to a lawsuit going on. :p

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I have never been that impressed by Green Day personally. They have always sounded kind of diluted in that popular type of way to me. However, reading reviews for this album and hearing about its extreme political edge makes me a little excited for it actually. I like it when bands don't just write about crap, but actually address real issues, so an album as politically-charged as this makes me pretty stoked. Also, the album as a whole is kind of a cool concept, somewhat of an old-school rock opera. It sounds like it has the potential to be a very cool album and might indeed change my views on Green Day as a whole.

M

Mako

I don't think I ever heard a song that bashes Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Obama, Janet Reno, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Barbra Boxer, Gray Davis or any other liberals I have know or who were big names.

I know some singers are conservative, however I don't like their music. But I figured if anyone of their songs slam anyone who's a liberal I would of heard about it especially on Fox News due to a lawsuit going on. :p
I wasn't speaking specifically about music, I meant that coercion happens on both sides. Though if there is, it would be country music. Which is why we'd never hear about it. :p

For those who'd like to hear the album Theres a lot more diversity in their sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.