Greatest Regret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Now as I look back on my 16 years and being a TB/DL i've noticed that my greatest regret to this day is not giving in to diapers when I had the chance.
You see I like alot of us when we are little had accidents and it got to the point when I was 6 that my mom said "Do you wan to be a six year old in diapers?" I ofcourse said no wanting to be a big kid and then it happend again this time by my dad when I was 8 and he said "If you don't stop we are putting you in pull ups. So, I stopped and then a few years later around 13-14 I started to get interested in diapers and now I look back and really wish I would have taken those chanses to wear diapers. :(

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I think you'd be saying otherwise if you'd accepted the offers if they kept you in them until today and you were incontinent. They probably wouldn't keep you in diapers till now anyway.

Patience, you'll have your diapers soon enough ;)

F

FullMetal

My greatest regret is choosing that salad over the soup...but i guess yours is bad too...

FullMetal

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I think you'd be saying otherwise if you'd accepted the offers if they kept you in them until today and you were incontinent. They probably wouldn't keep you in diapers till now anyway.

Patience, you'll have your diapers soon enough ;)
True I wear them when my parents are out but I still have that 'What if?" thing in my mind I think if I had accepted it they might have accepted me being a TB/DL.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
True I wear them when my parents are out but I still have that 'What if?" thing in my mind I think if I had accepted it they might have accepted me being a TB/DL.
I don't know if it'd help them accept you any better, but then again I don't know your parents. No point in regretting what's already passed, though!

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
My greatest regret is choosing that salad over the soup...but i guess yours is bad too...

FullMetal
i have that same regret. i hate salad, but i almost always get it. well NO MORE! SOUP FOREVER WOOOOOOO!

Yawgmoth

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My biggest regret is one sentence I said to someone 5 months ago...

I'd give anything to take it back.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If you had said "yes" and they had put you in diapers/pull-ups it might still be your greatest regret, because you would probably blame your DLism/TBism on saying "yes" once it developed =P

Hexaod

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's a double-edged sword question.
You could both enjoy and regret.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Yes you should not have regret it because it could have ruined friendships, and your ability to change in front of other boys like the locker room for example. Just be thankful you have your privacy. Also like Point blanch said, you porbably would have regreted it if you accepted the offers, even if your parents were okay with it.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
There's no way of saying what would have happened if you had said "yes" back then. Most likely, your parents' question was a rethorical one, and they only would have laughed at you for saying "yes" and would not have gotten you any diapers anyway. It's child psychology - you know what the child will answer, so you can later say "You chose not to wear diapers, so try harder to stay dry!".

Besides, every responsible parent would not have let you become dependent on diapers, or would have dragged you to every doctor between Fairbanks and Key West to have you cured.

Peachy

anna s

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
One of my biggest regrets is not going out with my friends when I was in school. Back then, I would rather stay at home in my room all alone wearing nappies. My friends would ask if I was going to go out and hang out with them, but I would say no most of the time saying I had things to do as an excuse. Anyway, back at school the next day or Monday morning etc, my friends would tell me about all the goings on and I would so wish that I had gone out to hang with them. I would start to get negetive feelings about nappies and thinking that they were taking over my life or something. Anyway, I would go out and hang with my friends and then maybe after a week or so, the feelings to wear would come back and I would stay in. It kinda felt like I was caught in a cycle.

But these days, I would rather go out with my friends than stay in.

Role
Private
My biggest regret is that I've racked up way too many regrets already!

Going out with friends when I could have.
Missed opportunities to better improve my life.
Saying the wrong thing in too many instances.
Still not having done things I could have done years ago.
Instigating too many issues with other people.
Having done things that have come back to haunt me.
Etc...

I say "Live and Let Die" all the time, but I find it to be advice that's hard to follow. I simply cannot let the past die and it's incredibly hard for me to forget things.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I have no diaper themed regrets, except maybe not searching the internet earlier to find this place. Discovering other TBs at 15 seems pretty late considering there's younger people than that here.

Oh, I regret not keeping a diary around the time I started buying nappies. That'd be fun to read back, I can't remember what was going through my head at the time.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
regret? joining the army was, is, and will continue to be my greatest regret, i was no longer able to continue my gender transition, i was 16 at the time, and didnt know what i was doing.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I seriously doubt any parent would mean that seriously - they just say it to scare you. Besides, even if they were serious you probably wouldn't enjoy it - being forced by your parents to wear diapers wherever you are, whether you like it or not? I would get old fast!

Before saying it's your greatest regret, you should really think about how it would change things.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
It's vitally important to consider past actions in an attempt to prevent them from happening again, but not to let them haunt us.

That said, I really do regret not taking the time to find out about infantilism when I was younger. Like Charlie I figured out exactly what ABism meant when I was *counts on fingers* 15. That means that by the time I knew what was going on, I was too big to fit into anything left over from my younger siblings in my house (I'm the oldest of three). Had I known just two years before that, I think I'd be a lot better off now.

On the other hand, I know that at 13 I was very immature. I still can't help but wonder, what if I had been overindulgent/quick-to-binge? Would I have been stuck in that dreaded binge-purge cycle? Would someone have found me out? Would I have had the lack of foresight to tell my parents, blindly hoping that they would accept me? All in all, though I know I'm contradicting myself, I think it's good that I discovered my TBism when I did. Perhaps I would have been too shy to talk about it on forums like TBDL now ADISC, and would have spent two years lurking instead of two months.

So now for a little general advice. It's important to realize that you discovered your infantilism when you did, and if you're being careful about moderating your behavior while in diapers and being well-behaved in online communities like ADISC, then you are at the very least on the right track. I know that infantilism is a struggle for everybody even after they discover that they have it and what it is. My dad has long insisted on living by the phrase "all things in moderation." It is possible to be a mature baby, and if you are focused on that, then that is really all that matters when it comes to infantilism.

--Danny :ninja:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My biggest regret?

Knowing that every minute I look back is one minute less that I have to look towards the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.