Great news if you're American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
As I'm sure all us Americans are well aware of, we've been the butt of the world's fat jokes for quite awhile now. Well, great news! We're no longer the fattest country in the world! That title now belongs to Australia who managed to beat our 25% obesity rate by 1%.

Australia World's Most Obese Nation
Australia is world's fattest nation | NEWS.com.au

"It's a record we shouldn't be proud of: Australia has overtaken the US as the world's most obese nation.

The report, Australia's Future Fat Bomb, finds 26% of adult Australians (that's almost 4 million people) are now obese. That's an increase of 1 million since the last count in 1999. By comparison, America has a 25% obesity rate.

"That, unfortunately, makes us the heavyweight champions, a title we don't really want," said report author Professor Simon Stewart, who is also head of preventive cardiology at the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute in Melbourne.

"I would regard this as the biggest threat to our future health," he said.

"As we send our athletes off to the Olympics, let's reflect on the fact that we would win the gold medal now in the world fat Olympics if there was such a thing.

"The health care system is going to be overwhelmed by weight-related hospitalisations from knee replacements through to heart attacks and strokes.""

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yeah I saw that...We still probably have the most fat people, but Australia has a bigger ratio of obese people to us...Still not something to celebrate about...

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Lol, well external things don't really mean much in these cases.
Every Australian could blow up Violet style, and it wouldn't make American health any better.

Anyway... why are people getting so fat? I blame crap meals, like microwave meals and stuff. And fast food...

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Go Fatties!

Seriously though, our ratio of fat people is higher than the U.S, but the U.S still has the *most* fat people.

I guess it's incentive for people here to start losing weight. :p

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There are a lot of other potential themes to joke about concerning the US.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Oh, Kraiden, you can't pull that cheap amounts-are-still-amounts bullshit! :D Truth is, 26% of your people are a bunch of fat sons-of-bitches, and only 25% of our people are fat sons-of-bitches! If you were going to calculate amounts, then you'd need to take into consideration the amount of hospitable land, the ratio of hospitable land to unfertile land, the amount of people per square mile, etcetera, etcetera...

... YOU LOSE, MR.-I-LIVE-IN-A-COUNTRY-OF-FATTIES! :D

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
I do wonder how they get these figures without disturbing 4 million people's privacy... One sidenote though, doesn't Australia have less people living in it which means america still has the largest amount of fatties?

Places to go, people to eat

Role
Private
*imagines the headlines*

Australia now the world's fattest nation. Americans jump for joy, causing earthquakes in China

Not to worry though!

America still has to shake off the image of being a nation of fat-asses! Australia... well, we got koalas and boomerangs, and we'll keep it at that. :D

But on a more serious note, I can see this coming to fruition. I walk down any street in the city now and encounter quite a number of grotesquely obese people. And they are rude too! They expect me to move out of their way. The only reason I do so is because I don't want to disrupt their momentum. It must take a while to get themselves started... oh, and the fact I'm a guy that's 5'10, of a healthy build and not *that* physically strong. I'd get knocked out in and instant. I got to hand it to fat people, they carry with them a half-ton where ever they go. Something I couldn't do. Also, they tend to smell... bad.

If there's one thing I'm openly sour about, it's fat people. They are always complaining, "OH I can't lose weight! I just can't!" - all the while they are shoving a handful of doughnuts down their throat.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
There are a lot of other potential themes to joke about concerning the US.
Please don't start the mud slinging again it is unwanted and unneeded.

TO the topic at hand....who cares. IF anything this is a bad thing because when we were the fattest nation people had ambition to loose weight.

tiger2

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
*woot woot*
*celebrates*
*gets tired*....
yes, lame joke
anyway, im proud to say im not obese or particuary overweight, plus i play sport....
serioulsy, it's wrong, but i seem to notice, these days a lot of girls are more obese, simirlaly, there poorer people as well....
but hey!
at least were #1 at something!

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
WoW.
Lets celebrate.
Who wants cake, burgeking, and pizza!!!
Okey so were not the fattiest nation in the world. But hey we still got Britney Spears.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Congratulations, Americans! You're still as fat as you were before, and probably still expanding, but somehow the UN Bureau of Statistics found some AUstralian dude who casts large enough a shadow for you to hide behind. If that isn't an ego-booster, what is? :D

Or as the Wall Street Journal wrote a few years ago about people in Georgia: "If Georgia is on your mind, Krispy Kreme doughnuts are on your hips". :laugh:

Peachy

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Congratulations, Americans! You're still as fat as you were before, and probably still expanding, but somehow the UN Bureau of Statistics found some AUstralian dude who casts large enough a shadow for you to hide behind. If that isn't an ego-booster, what is? :D

Or as the Wall Street Journal wrote a few years ago about people in Georgia: "If Georgia is on your mind, Krispy Kreme doughnuts are on your hips". :laugh:

Peachy
Who that 75 stone fella?

Role
Sissy
I heard about this on the news, and the story changed every hours I heard it (radio) First it was we had the most obese in the world, then the largest percent of obese and then they said it was the percentage of obese and overweight people. So really I have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

I've noticed that the larger people do tend to be larger lately but that shouldn't effect the %. Really how the hell do they get these stats? Just make it up as they go along? I'm pretty sure we didn't all have a compulsory weight check last week :confused:

redtails

Banned
Role
I heard about this on the news, and the story changed every hours I heard it (radio) First it was we had the most obese in the world, then the largest percent of obese and then they said it was the percentage of obese and overweight people. So really I have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

I've noticed that the larger people do tend to be larger lately but that shouldn't effect the %. Really how the hell do they get these stats? Just make it up as they go along? I'm pretty sure we didn't all have a compulsory weight check last week :confused:
It's called sensation. Such articles are usually spread to media like newspapers, tv, radio and internet websites without the ability to leave comments.. nobody actually checks the facts and they never show the source, which makes it impossible to check if the story is true! It's either take it or read something else nowadays.

I stopped trusting any medium without a direct source, because most of today's news is absolute bs. My newspaper:
"over 95% of all car accidents occur in the last 15 minutes of a ride"
well OF COURSE they all happen in the last 15 minutes because you can't drive on after a car accident, so the ride is over!

Role
Sissy
I stopped trusting any medium without a direct source, because most of today's news is absolute bs. My newspaper:
"over 95% of all car accidents occur in the last 15 minutes of a ride"
well OF COURSE they all happen in the last 15 minutes because you can't drive on after a car accident, so the ride is over!
You cant beat that logic :p I figured there sources for these things are quite possibly not 100% accurate (too put it nicely) I remember hearing that child obesity rates where sky rocketing in Australia, then the other week an actual study showed the rate was more like a crawl compared to the speed that was published.

Media is disgusting sometimes, womens magazines are the worst. How they don't get sued for slander is beyond me.

redtails

Banned
Role
You cant beat that logic :p I figured there sources for these things are quite possibly not 100% accurate (too put it nicely) I remember hearing that child obesity rates where sky rocketing in Australia, then the other week an actual study showed the rate was more like a crawl compared to the speed that was published.

Media is disgusting sometimes, womens magazines are the worst. How they don't get sued for slander is beyond me.
That too, exaggerating statistics because regular numbers are boring as hell :wallbash:! Although I've stopped believing stuff like:
"the amount of cases of autism have SKY rocketed the past 100 years"
no they didn't, people just considered those kind of people as village maniacs 100 years ago, they didn't know what was wrong with them!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I wouldn't worry Australia. Now that we Americans have heard the news, it's just a matter of time before we launch a full assault, land on your shores and eat you!!! A little steak sauce and meat tenderizer, all tucked in between two sesemie buns, a pickle and some relish and you're ready to go. We will once again retain the title! *play u.s. olympic theme*

Status
Not open for further replies.