• gameplay

Votes: 42 93.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Felt the need to post this here:

Example of great graphics, but the game sucks :)

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I play CoD4 with everything off, and my resolution set to 640x480 (with the textures set to extra). Why? For the 45fps framerate!

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Gameplay by far. Personally I think it doesn't matter how good the graphics are. If the gameplay sucks then the game sucks. If the graphics sucks but the gameplay is good, then it's still a good game. As long as the graphics are good enough for me to be able to tell where I'm going, and can easily tell the difference between land and water, etc then that's all that really matters in my book.

Zeek61

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
graphics are far more important for me than gameplay handsdown. i can tell u right now (and for anyone who has made a proper game or done any serious gamplay editing) the gameplay for any game is easy to build and make, the graphics are quite another thing. for any level that the developers make, all they haftado is set a game path which the character follows. the graphics are much harder to do as for every object, it must be built with detail.

For all u guys who r saying that graphics are unimportant, u guys r kidding ureselves. ure telling me that when ure playing a game, u go wow at to the gameplay. cause if u do, u guys must be joking. whenever somebody looks at a game they are always amazed by the graphics, not by the gameplay.

However, when all is said and done, the gameplay is important as that is what keeps the people playing the game, as if a game is repeditive, it gets too boring.

i suppose the reason why i am so critical of graphics is specifically cause i am into graphics design and for me, it matters about al the little detail. when it comes to design, it doesn't matter what the design of it is, it matters how it looks and how the idea is sold to the consumer.

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
gameplay all tha way! I'd rather play zsnes on the pc then some game like crysis... :-/

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
i can tell u right now (and for anyone who has made a proper game or done any serious gamplay editing) the gameplay for any game is easy to build and make, the graphics are quite another thing.

For all u guys who r saying that graphics are unimportant, u guys r kidding ureselves. ure telling me that when ure playing a game, u go wow at to the gameplay. cause if u do, u guys must be joking. whenever somebody looks at a game they are always amazed by the graphics, not by the gameplay.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
graphics are far more important for me than gameplay handsdown. i can tell u right now (and for anyone who has made a proper game or done any serious gamplay editing) the gameplay for any game is easy to build and make, the graphics are quite another thing. for any level that the developers make, all they haftado is set a game path which the character follows. the graphics are much harder to do as for every object, it must be built with detail.

However, when all is said and done, the gameplay is important as that is what keeps the people playing the game, as if a game is repeditive, it gets too boring.

i suppose the reason why i am so critical of graphics is specifically cause i am into graphics design and for me, it matters about al the little detail. when it comes to design, it doesn't matter what the design of it is, it matters how it looks and how the idea is sold to the consumer.
So your telling me if game called Barbie: Horse Riding had the best graphics in a video game ever you would play it and love it?

RevLegna

Contributor
Role
Hot damn >.< that's a toughy

I'm going to be a game designer and i go gaga for anything that stands out graphics wise because i'm so impressed......however, if the game sucks, then really there's no point, so, definately the gameplay

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Cave Story is luv. <3

Sadly, my friend doesn't want to play it because he's retarded like Diaperboy (What the **** is that name anyway?).

Zeek61

Est. Contributor
Role
So your telling me if game called Barbie: Horse Riding had the best graphics in a video game ever you would play it and love it?
All i can say to that is that i do draw a line somewhere, obviously i am not gunna play a game which has been specifically marketed towards girls (sheez).

And second of all, u guys all hate crysis. I really don't get u guys. Ure saying that it (which has relatively good gameplay and awesome graphics) is completely crap. is it just me, or do u guys not appreciate all the effort that goes into designing every little object in a game?

And third of all, like sawaa said previously, if u don't appreciate the graphics in a game, just go back to the original games on the Atari 2600. If u guys are saying that gameplay is all a game needs then do it, go back to the first gaming systems, cause u will be able to find everything to keep u happy there.

Until someone can convise me otherwise, i stand by what i originally said, graphics are more important. If u want to try to change my mind, go and get some proper graphics modelling software (and i don't mean any of this flash animation stuff, i mean the real deal. i.e. get a game engine and build a game or go and get some autodesk software, if u have it at school, or know of someone who has it installed) and go design something on it, then come and tell me that it doesn't matter about the graphics, because if in a game the graphics are completely bad, no one is gunna play it at all.

Footnote: DarkSunDS, if u r mocking my name, i don't think u even want me to get started on ure username (enough said, and if i am wrong, then i apolagise). And secondly, do u mind not describing me like u did, u have no idea how much impact such a comment might have on someone else (i.e. me)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
All i can say to that is that i do draw a line somewhere, obviously i am not gunna play a game which has been specifically marketed towards girls (sheez).
My school has a game design team that goes to and has won several competitions, designing a game is not hard at all once you have the tools(which usually someone not even involved with the game makes), it just takes time.

And second of all, u guys all hate crysis. I really don't get u guys. Ure saying that it (which has relatively good gameplay and awesome graphics) is completely crap. is it just me, or do u guys not appreciate all the effort that goes into designing every little object in a game?
First off, there was very little effort into making Crysis whether you want to think so or not, the game is more or less Farcry with prettier graphics, they don't design every little bit in that game, they have pre-made models then they are added all over the game world.

Crysis on a gameplay level is absolutely terrible, the AI for starters is absolutely horrid, I can walk up to an NPC and stand there and he'll look me in the face and not even shoot.

But from the way you're making yourself sound, you need that kind of simplicity to be successful in a game.

You're talking to real gamers not people who drool over graphics, Crysis is penis enhancement and that's it.

And third of all, like sawaa said previously, if u don't appreciate the graphics in a game, just go back to the original games on the Atari 2600. If u guys are saying that gameplay is all a game needs then do it, go back to the first gaming systems, cause u will be able to find everything to keep u happy there.
As technology evolves so does graphics and gameplay, why go back to old technology which will have stale gameplay(note: not talking about graphics) where as you can try to stay close to current technology and use innovative gameplay(the Wii).

Some of the most successful companies have gotten were they are because they utilize the technology for gameplay, not for graphics(See: Blizzard Entertainment, creators of the popular Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo franchises, each one of their games utilize the technology of a previous generation even when newer things were available at the time, yet even today where the graphics are terrible they have a strong and continuing playerbase in all three franchises )

Until someone can convise me otherwise, i stand by what i originally said, graphics are more important. If u want to try to change my mind, go and get some proper graphics modelling software (and i don't mean any of this flash animation stuff, i mean the real deal. i.e. get a game engine and build a game or go and get some autodesk software, if u have it at school, or know of someone who has it installed) and go design something on it, then come and tell me that it doesn't matter about the graphics, because if in a game the graphics are completely bad, no one is gunna play it at all.
I've done all of those, obviously not going to post it for privacy reasons, it is not hard at all, just takes a brain to do it.

As for if the graphics are bad and nobody is going to play it, please...please explain this to me: SK Gaming - Esport, Counter-Strike, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, FIFA, DotA, Call of Duty, Starcraft

These guys play in competitive gaming(WSVG), playing game such as Counter Strike, DotA, Warcraft 3(non-DotA) and Starcraft

All of these game have 'terrible' graphics, yet they are the standard for competitive gaming.

Notice how games like Crysis aren't even mentioned, it's because the game is FREAKING HORRIBLE.

So why is it that the benchmark for competitive games are using outdated graphics...oh I know the reason, because each of them have great and time-tested game play, where as all these games that promise amazing graphics lack any redeeming gameplay.

Footnote: DarkSunDS, if u r mocking my name, i don't think u even want me to get started on ure username (enough said, and if i am wrong, then i apolagise). And secondly, do u mind not describing me like u did, u have no idea how much impact such a comment might have on someone else (i.e. me)
He had every right to insult your name, it's a stereotypical AB/DL creep name that does nothing but bring shame to this site, and cry more, "bawwww someone called me retarded on the internet! What will I do! bawwwww!"

If you want to dispute what I've said, use some real English and not the god-forsaken mess off chat speak and grammatical errors.

Last edited:

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Gameplay is way more important then graphics. that doesn't mean graphics aren't important. If you think graphics are so important and gameplay is not, go watch a movie. But of course there you get to the discussion, what's more important plot or graphics. In which case I'd still say plot but graphics are more important in a movie (and easier to get to a higher quality) then in a game.

I'll sacrifice some graphics for gameplay any day.

Allanon

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
We don't need to be able to create a game to know that it's utter trash.

That's like saying that we can't say dog shit pancakes are awful because we've never eaten them before.

...at least I HOPE nobody has eaten them before.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover

Until someone can convise me otherwise, i stand by what i originally said, graphics are more important.
You just said you wouldn't play a barbie game if it had the best graphics in the world then you say that graphics are more important then anything else. That is contradicting. What if it was a blues clues game or a Barney game? Those are gender neutral.

Anyways I own the game Crysis (got it for 19.99) and I'll admit it looks pretty but I think the AI is lackluster, I can sneak around invisible the whole time hiding in the tree lines, the storyline is pretty bad. I still play the game when I want to show off how much weight my new video card can pull but that's about it.

Zeek61

Est. Contributor
Role
He had every right to insult your name, it's a stereotypical AB/DL creep name that does nothing but bring shame to this site, and cry more, "bawwww someone called me retarded on the internet! What will I do! bawwwww!"

If you want to dispute what I've said, use some real English and not the god-forsaken mess off chat speak and grammatical errors.
Now you listen to me and i am serious, HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT! Your telling me that i am some kind of creep, how dare you even attempt to say something like that. Do you know what you have done, DO YOU?

Every time i go to school i put up with this kind of crap from people with the same mentality that you have (and i mean none at all), i will NOT, i repeat for you, I WILL NOT put up with you insulting me in public on this forum. You have absolutely no right to make those accusations. If i want to call myself that, then by God i will and if you want to take away that right i have, they you are seriously infringing not only the civil rights of humankind, but also the rights of your own country. All i can say to you is that you are lucky that you are sitting in the comfort of your own home. It is people like you that make a bad name for your country and this site, and you wonder why people think that Americans are rude people and why we think that they are not tolerant of others? Well all i need to do is show them this example and they will be able to see exactly what i mean.

Never in my life have i ever seen someone who is as rude as you, i have no problem in you disagreeing with what i have said, but as far as i am concerned, you have absolutely overstepped the line by saying what you have about me. I don't know what you were thinking when you posted your previous comment, but if you want to start a posting fight with me, you have gone about it the right way. Nobody, i repeat to get it through your absolutely thick skull, NOBODY has any right to question what i call myself. Ultimately, it is my decision and if you don't like it, then go to another website, cause i am not going to leave because you don't like my name.

Now, and i am telling you, i will write on this forum how i want. If i am in a hurry (like i was previously) then i will write in short-hand (that is the reason why it is used in chat). Again, if you don't like it, go to another website because i am not the only one who does it (i can guarantee that).

And now you still think i bring shame to this website, look who is talking. It is those kind of stupid outbursts which brings shame not only to this site, but to your country (and it just shows what your family must be like too).

That is one thing i will NEVER put up with, people insulting me. This is how wars are started, by inconsiderate pr***s like you who don't care about other people's rights and think they are better than everyone else.

Oh, and maybe Fallen, it would do you well to actually read my profile before you go and call someone a creep. It might be interesting for you to know that i am 16, and (i might add you have no idea about my history like i just showed you) So don't even get me started because like i said, if you want to start a posting war with me, then go for it, because then i will be able to express my full opinion to you of exactly how i feel about you.

Note to admins: If you guys feel this is inappropriate to post here, you can gladly remove it as i would be more than happy to send my full opinion to Fallen via private message.

Note to all (including Fallen): the reason why i have posted this here rather than send a private message to Fallen is that this is a great example of one of the reason why the world is constantly fighting and the only way that it can be fixed is by learning from the mistakes of others (as in this appalling case here).

Oh, and it might enlighten you to know Fallen that i have registered on other *B/DL sites (very similar to this one) and no one has had any problems with it (probably because they are actually an accepting community (which is quite the contrary of what you are showing me in that post). And i might add, i haven't had any complains from the admins about my username on the other site, nor on this one. Again, i repeat to you, if you don't like it, go to another website, or, don't go to any at all for that matter, because you seem to not be able to accept anybody else for who they truely are.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think the issue really comes down to this. Diaperboy, you are advocating Crysis WAY too much. I mean, I absolutely love the Smash franchise, playing it to addiction and then some. But if somebody hates it, I'm not going to push and push and push them about why it's amazing. What you are doing is lifting Crysis to the highest standard. I have not played it, nor do I know much about it, but it cannot be this important to you to push your bias towards graphics onto others...forcefully, I might add.

DarkSun, you were being a little too snide with teasing his name. That sort of insult shouldn't be done, but it's so common that by this point it's an unspoken rule: drama happens, get over it. I don't think you were fully in the wrong to post that quick tease.

Fallen, by the same token, you think of Diaperboy as a troll that needs to be put in his place. It's not necessary to tear down each and every argument he has, because that only serves to rile one up more. This is a support group, and so what if he likes his graphics? Leave him be.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Huh. Before going back on topic, I'll just say that judging another person's nickname and opinion does not start wars and do not put websites to shame. Overreacting does. =)
Also, Diaperboy has "insulted" people more than vice versa.

Allanon

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Now you listen to me and i am serious, HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT! Your telling me that i am some kind of creep, how dare you even attempt to say something like that. Do you know what you have done, DO YOU?

Every time i go to school i put up with this kind of crap from people with the same mentality that you have (and i mean none at all), i will NOT, i repeat for you, I WILL NOT put up with you insulting me in public on this forum. You have absolutely no right to make those accusations. If i want to call myself that, then by God i will and if you want to take away that right i have, they you are seriously infringing not only the civil rights of humankind, but also the rights of your own country. All i can say to you is that you are lucky that you are sitting in the comfort of your own home. It is people like you that make a bad name for your country and this site, and you wonder why people think that Americans are rude people and why we think that they are not tolerant of others? Well all i need to do is show them this example and they will be able to see exactly what i mean.

Never in my life have i ever seen someone who is as rude as you, i have no problem in you disagreeing with what i have said, but as far as i am concerned, you have absolutely overstepped the line by saying what you have about me. I don't know what you were thinking when you posted your previous comment, but if you want to start a posting fight with me, you have gone about it the right way. Nobody, i repeat to get it through your absolutely thick skull, NOBODY has any right to question what i call myself. Ultimately, it is my decision and if you don't like it, then go to another website, cause i am not going to leave because you don't like my name.

Now, and i am telling you, i will write on this forum how i want. If i am in a hurry (like i was previously) then i will write in short-hand (that is the reason why it is used in chat). Again, if you don't like it, go to another website because i am not the only one who does it (i can guarantee that).

And now you still think i bring shame to this website, look who is talking. It is those kind of stupid outbursts which brings shame not only to this site, but to your country (and it just shows what your family must be like too).

That is one thing i will NEVER put up with, people insulting me. This is how wars are started, by inconsiderate pr***s like you who don't care about other people's rights and think they are better than everyone else.

Oh, and maybe Fallen, it would do you well to actually read my profile before you go and call someone a creep. It might be interesting for you to know that i am 16, and (i might add you have no idea about my history like i just showed you) So don't even get me started because like i said, if you want to start a posting war with me, then go for it, because then i will be able to express my full opinion to you of exactly how i feel about you.

Note to admins: If you guys feel this is inappropriate to post here, you can gladly remove it as i would be more than happy to send my full opinion to Fallen via private message.

Note to all (including Fallen): the reason why i have posted this here rather than send a private message to Fallen is that this is a great example of one of the reason why the world is constantly fighting and the only way that it can be fixed is by learning from the mistakes of others (as in this appalling case here).

Oh, and it might enlighten you to know Fallen that i have registered on other *B/DL sites (very similar to this one) and no one has had any problems with it (probably because they are actually an accepting community (which is quite the contrary of what you are showing me in that post). And i might add, i haven't had any complains from the admins about my username on the other site, nor on this one. Again, i repeat to you, if you don't like it, go to another website, or, don't go to any at all for that matter, because you seem to not be able to accept anybody else for who they truely are.
So the entire point of this argument, I guess, would be that you should have the freedom of speech on this forum, while nobody else gets to?

Don't worry, I used to think I was that cool too. You'll grow out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.