Status
Not open for further replies.

nites

Rep for CrinkleCrate
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ok, so I ordered a graphic tablet a few days ago and am planning on getting back into doing art (I am an artist, but have never tryed digital art before). and I was wondering what is some good FREE Downloadable Programs that i can use to make drawings. I want to be able to draw ad paint, but i want something kind of simple to use but then again not simple to the point were it looks childish. If anyone can help me please.

P.S. I am hoping to be able to to become good enough to the point i can start making furry and babyfur drawing, and one day do free drawings for people on this site.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Does anyone else think that drawings you make on MSN conversations look better than on any of these programs? I grow fond of pictures I draw on there compared to these programs.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
The Wacom Bamboo tablets come with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and Paint Shop Pro, and they are the full programs. Photoshop has support for pressure levels (which varies the brush flow in Photoshop). If you didn't get this tablet, then you should try GIMP.

nites

Rep for CrinkleCrate
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I got the bamboo tablet, but it does not come with any programs. I cant afford photoshop, it cost way to much. I use photoshp everyday ( i am in yearbook class for my school) so i am used to using it, but i cant afford photoshop.

Edit: I put this here because i want to start making babyfur drawings and i have read that some people here have a graphic tablet, and i want to ask them what they used

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I second the motion on GIMP. I don't think there is much that Photoshop can do that GIMP can't do too.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The Wacom Bamboo tablets come with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and Paint Shop Pro, and they are the full programs. Photoshop has support for pressure levels (which varies the brush flow in Photoshop). If you didn't get this tablet, then you should try GIMP.

'Tis what I got

D

Deleted member 221

i would use GIMP, or use other methods to get PS which i am not going to chat about here (you can pm me)

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy

ICK bamboo. No, the bamboo does not come with that. The ciniq Does. And it costs 1000$-2000$ thats why.

B

baby kiffer

I got a graphics tablet recently, and it came with all the bells and whistles attached:

-PaintShop
-Corell Painter

However, I also have GIMP (bit of a steep learning curve, if you ask me) and Artweaver. Personally, I prefer Artweaver; if your tablet is pressure and angle sensitive, it can use these features in its program (whereas GIMP does not--but correct me if I am wrong, please). It also seems far more user-friendly than GIMP.

However, I must admit that Artweaver seems to have fewer features than GIMP--but that would likely be attributed to its "user-friendly" qualities. GIMP certainly could give you far more control if you could get over the learning curve.

Goose

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Another I'd try if you don't care for gimp is "Paint.net". Another 3rd party freeware download with some awesome features and tablet pressure support.

Role
  1. Private
ICK bamboo. No, the bamboo does not come with that. The ciniq Does. And it costs 1000$-2000$ thats why.

Bamboo Fun includes valuable creative software right in the box to help get your creative juices flowing.

Adobe® Photoshop® Elements (6.0 WIN / 6.0 MAC) for editing, retouching, enhancing, organizing, and sharing digital photos
Corel® Painter™ Essentials 4.0 for creating natural media art and turning photos into paintings

PSP, APE and CPE are stripped down versions of their big brothers. They are not the full things. Even the Cintiqs come with the same software package. As long as you get something other than the baseline bamboo you get those apps.

There is nothing wrong with the bamboo. They might not be a full fledged Intuos but they are not substantially worse than most Wacoms from years ago which plenty of artists had no trouble with. Depending on what you want to do you most people will never notice the lack of rotation or tilt given the price difference. Hell the touch circle is way nicer than the touch strips in my intuos3, and it is frustrating that I will have to pick an intuos4 if I want that minor upgrade. Plus the black is way slicker than gray.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I third GIMP. I have a Genius 8x6 tablet, and it looks better when I draw with it in GIMP than when I draw in Photoshop (CS4). Plus, GIMP is free! Also, I do recommend my the tablet I got, I love it! Then again, I haven't tried any others. Anyways, that's a different topic. But yeah, my personal preference is GIMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.