Not open for further replies.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Okayy, my two cents.
Freedom is breached when anothers is.
ireallydontknowwhatisaidthat, but on topic :

Basically, if someone chooses to go on a leash and on a bus, They ought to have thought of the dangers themselves. That they might strangle, get laughed at, and all that jazz.
If I we're a bus driver, I wouldn't tell them not to get on, but I'd definatelly laugh. I don't want to offend furries or people who like acting like pets, but I find it rather surealistic. (-Attempts to ignore people saying : Said the person who liked diapers-. Yes I know thats surreal too, and I find it funny on occasion.)
Beyond that, I see no reason why someone shouldn't get on a bus with someone carrying them on a leash. I've seen worse. Hell, I might have done worse and more ''politically incorrect'' things than what that couple did.
I sometimes think we live in a way too overprotective and politically correct society. But then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Hmph, I suck at writing short essays on my opinion XD

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I'm not going to say there's anything particularly wrong with going out with a collar and a leash - though it would be nicer if they avoided doing things that will make some people uncomfortable in public - but what there is something wrong with is complaining that they've been mocked for it.

If you want to be different, if you want to break the rules of society, the be prepared to be laughed at. Be prepared to be ridiculed. And if you can't take that, just act normal. I'm not saying the bus driver was right - no one should be that rude to anyone. But people are that rude, and if you can't take that, then keep whatever strange things you enjoy behind closed doors.

I don't really think they should be forcing the public to watch their fetish, but I guess they're free to do so. They should just accept the consequences if they do.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
It was the offensive comments of the driver not the disallowing of taking the bus that was the problem.

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think it should be considered discrimination, it is taking away peoples right to express ones self, but also it is kind of a safety issue. the bus company should let the person on even if they did pay for the ride.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'm not going to say there's anything particularly wrong with going out with a collar and a leash - though it would be nicer if they avoided doing things that will make some people uncomfortable in public - but what there is something wrong with is complaining that they've been mocked for it.
I think they just complained about being denied access to public transit, or that bus in particular. In my opinion, it should have been kept between the bus company and the two people as a simple liability case (bus company has to pay for cab fare for the two goths because they defaulted on their transportation contract). Taking the whole incident to the media sounds too much like attention whoring. If they want others to not give a darn about their choice in clothing, they have to understand that they also should try to use the pity-strategie to make their voices heard when people make fun of them or don't take them seriously.
You have the right to choose your own clothing, but I reserve the right to not like you (however, the bus driver has duties to fulfill regardless of his opinion of other people).

Peachy

MrE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I think the reason they reported it was because the bus driver in question was actually off duty and didn't give them any reason for denying them service except saying 'we don't allow dogs on the bus'

I've actually talked to someone who was interviewed about the whole thing on the radio.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
i think this whole thing is beyond the scope of rights and safety, this could have been all avoided if the 2 gothies would have just submitted to the will of the driver, she could have taken her chain and tucked it in somewhere, she could have wrapped it up, SOMETHING, i think western influence has given people big heads and made them think that we have more rights than we do, we arent special, be CONSIDERATE, im not saying bend over backwards for people, just bend enough to reach the latch on your collar :p

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Watch your hairy backs, furries. This is only the beginning. Today it's leashes, tommorow it's tails.

Last edited:

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Furries aren't all like this you know.
(Like I would ever do something like this.)

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A lead around your neck on public transport is simply a poor decision of grand magnitude. I have to agree with the company here.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
My sister went through this goth stage, although she is more punk rockish now than anything else, thankgod. I am not saying I have anything against goth people, just that I do not want my sister subjeced to so much judgement when I know she is a good person at heart. Anyways its funny because I also live right outside of Baltimore like Rance, and I have never seen this lead thing. Like I have seen them with collars but not an actual leash in public.
Regardless I would say that it should not be done in public, a collar is fine but a leash is taking it too far. The only I am against this act of fetish I geuss you could call it, is all because like ayanna said, this is not something for the children to see. Children are pretty much anywhere you go in public, so this is not a site to presenting to them, its going to teach them violence, or maybe even worse. They will not understand it when they see it and might misinterpret it as something else, and even if they do find out what it actually is for then thats not any better, maybe even worse.

Although I do agree the bus driver was out of line with his actions. Also I do not see how it is a "danger" to other people, besides the kids mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.