Got some laxative, but how long do they work for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've found this bottle of laxative and wanting to use it. How long does it work for? It says starts to work in 6 to 12 hours, but how long after it starts working?

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
there should be doseing info on the back.

J

Jeffy

Always follow the prescribed dose.

If you want something that you KNOW when it takes effect and loses effect for sure... try fleet suppositories n.n

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
It depends on how much you take. It probably should not be more for a day, although they are more designed for constipation than for just pooping, so it could last longer. I'd wait and use them on a weekend where you know you won't be doing much of anything. Also, stay hydrated.

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you are not otherwise having issues with regularity, there is probably no need. A "normal" poo is usually a little less messy and stinky than the cramping, smell, and general discomfort of having a loose caboose.

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There are also enemas, which don't take nearly as long to get to work.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Always follow the prescribed dose.

If you want something that you KNOW when it takes effect and loses effect for sure... try fleet suppositories n.n
...Suppositories...Freakin' nightmare...Try a fleet disposable enema...Both are fun, though...The enema works within about 5 minutes, but is uncomfortable if you don't like tubes and tube shaped things in your butt...

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Moved to AdultBaby-forum. Don't want to give the younger members dangerous ideas!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Most laxatives start working within 8-12 hours and once you "start" you will be going for an hour or so... or until you are cleaned out.

I've experimented with laxatives before... I didn't find the experience to be that pleasant... a lot of cramping and gas preceded the actual event. Plus it took f o r e v e r for the pressure to build up to where I had to go.

Honestly you are better off getting some fiber supplements and having a big meal at a Mexican restaurant.

Laxatives will produce bowel movements... but you'll need fiber to make bulky stools... otherwise all you get is runs.

Also of note... laxatives can dehydrate you... so drink plenty of fluids.

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
..what Dakota, Jeffy, and Darkfinn said...

The best advice I can give is just don't play around with it, make sure you look into things on places like WebMD first. Standard water enemas are probably the safest and a reusable kit can be bought most anywhere for about 12 bucks. Usually hidden amongst the feminine hygeine section.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
If yo u want something that is safe and natural use prune juice, it takes about 2 hours to work,

I have used theis many times in the past, what you do is drink 2 large glasses, if you can use it at room temprature or it can be cold, but it does work a little bit faster at room temp. then have a sandwich or something to help push it along.

After about 2 hours it will start working, I didn't like the time involved with any laxitives your always waiting for them to work and afterwards for them to stop, I only do enemas now much quicker and you are done in mins. instead of hours.

Pamperable

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah they take too long to work IMHO... I found tightening my belt helps after a meal with coffee... seems to help flush/force things out a bit more.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I think an enema sounds more attractive right now.

Just be careful doing an enema make sure you lube the tip and the more water you use the more your diaper has to contend with.

I use 2 liters at a time and no diaper can contain it, yes I have tried.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use 2 liters at a time and no diaper can contain it, yes I have tried.

The great thing about cloth is you can add towels between layers to seriously boost capicity. Two quarts, no leaks, no problems.
Do add a little salt to large volume plain water enemas to avoid electrolite loss and dizziness.

Nam

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Be warned large enemes can be messy, so make sure you have some time alone to clean up. Also when your done just jump in the shower and clean up well, saves you alot of trouble.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The great thing about cloth is you can add towels between layers to seriously boost capicity. Two quarts, no leaks, no problems.
Do add a little salt to large volume plain water enemas to avoid electrolite loss and dizziness.

Nam

Well 4 years now with no dizziness or unwanted heath problems, in fact I'm actully more healty now than I was 4 years ago, according to my doctors, and I lost some of the weight I wanted to in the deal.

I did ememas with large bath towels for diapers, and it still made a mess with great plastic pants.

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I have to say stay away from the Fleet enemas that you find at Walmart or any other big chain store. Yes they do work but they do cause lots of messy and uncomfortable situations for the rest of the day and possibly part of the next. Its just easier to get a hot waterbottle/douche/enama bag. They can be found in the first aid aisle of Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.