• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Got a NEW computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I just got home with my NEW Dell Insprion 518

Specs

2.20 Intel Core 2 Quad
4GB RAM
DVD R/W
19'' DVI Screen

Windows Vista HP

4.0 Windows Exp.

But I have to go to work before I can play with it

Last edited:

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Well i have to say that I love my computer. I am so glad that i got it. I am think about dual booting linux, which one do you think I should pick though.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
Well i have to say that I love my computer. I am so glad that i got it. I am think about dual booting linux, which one do you think I should pick though.
I say you go with Windows 3.0.

You can't beat a classic.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Well I'm actually growing to like Windows Vista. It plays all my PC grams with no problem at all. Boots super fast. I would say that my money was well spent

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
opps here it is

Graphics Controller

*ATI Radeon HD 3450
* 256 MB
* Digital Video Standard High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)

D

Deleted member 221

good that you got a new pc, how much was it, I wouldn't know as I don't buy computers pre-made, I build them.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I've got a set up similar to yours, baby mike. That 19" wide screen monitor is nice! Vista is a mixed bag, though I've not had too many problems. My biggest problem is with my internet supplier, Comcast. They off line too often.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Yeah I use to hate vista but I think that is because I never took the time to try it. Now that I have my new computer I don't think it is to bad. I am thinking about dual booting though, just not sure yet.

I tried running puppy linux on it and it ran good but then started getting realy slughish, I could figure out why either, if I reboot puppy linux it will do the same thing it will run good for a little then get slugish.
I have tried many diffrent versions of linux on my old 2.80 p4.

To name a few; puppy linux, kubuntu, ubuntu, and fadora

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Its nice to have a computer that I can use FL Studio 8 on. That along with Mixcraft and Reason

kapi

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Depends on what you expect from linux.
If you just want to use it and got an ATi graphics card you might want Ubuntu since theyre the only distribution ATi is in touch with. So they release their drivers according to Ubuntu upgrades. Other distros might conflict with crappy catalyst drivers from time to time.

If you want to play with Linux itself there are better options :D

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Ok so the first person to post something i should dual boot is what I am going to try

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Didnt like it so whos next to post an os for me to dual boot

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
The 2 linux CDs that I do have a Kubuntu and Ubuntu. I like them both but what is your thought

kapi

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Just start with Ubuntu and if you want, try Kubuntu. You can just install Gnome and KDE in parallel (the desktop. its the difference between the two)

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Do you think I could install Mac OSX on my PC, I have heard of people doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.