Technical Question Google not finding ADSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

soggyboy

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
As of yesterday, using Google via my iPhone can't find the site. If I use BING, it finds it ok.

Is there a problem with Google and ADSIC, or is it just my phone?

daLira

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
That's strange if it works just fine with Bing, but not with Google. So it doesn't seem like the access is somehow blocked. But perhaps are you google settings set for restricting your search results to non 18+ sites or anything similar to filter out content? If adisc may fall in any category.

Anyway, google is just fine:
Zwischenablage02.jpg

Although this may be my "personalized" google result

Works too with my android phone. So the error has to be in your network connection and/or settings somewhere.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Google works fine for me on a cookie free private browsing tab.

Were you maybe looking for a particular section? There are some subforums here that google will not pick up (anything that requires a membership or certain number of posts to see), so if you were looking for something specific there, google won't find it.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I hope everyone realizes ADISC.org was down yesterday around 1:00AM or something like that.

Search engines will just go crazy there may be a difference but I always used google, never was a bing, yahoo, etc...

Do you use like Tapatalk or the original. If you use original then maybe it's time for an update on the iPhone or google itself. Google Chrome for the Iphone works so wonderful.

...or am I missing the point :p

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Maybe you should search up "ADISC" instead. That might help get your desired results.

soggyboy

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Thanks guys.
I'm just using normal methods as per everyday. When I use google, it shows the link to the site as normal, but when I click the link for connection, it goes blank with a message "URL not found".
It still comes up in the search results, but won't connect.

I haven't changed any settings, nor do I use the app or have the site saved as a link. Just open Google, type in ADISC, and hit the link. Always worked till now.

Oh well, gives me a chance to experiment with Bing anyway!

And I never try to enter through any other means than this. I'm a dinosaur. When I find what works I stick with it!

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Thanks guys.
I'm just using normal methods as per everyday. When I use google, it shows the link to the site as normal, but when I click the link for connection, it goes blank with a message "URL not found".
It still comes up in the search results, but won't connect.

I haven't changed any settings, nor do I use the app or have the site saved as a link. Just open Google, type in ADISC, and hit the link. Always worked till now.

Oh well, gives me a chance to experiment with Bing anyway!

And I never try to enter through any other means than this. I'm a dinosaur. When I find what works I stick with it!

What URL are you clicking?

soggyboy

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
First of all, forgive my lack of computer knowledge. I'm not as up to speed on terminology as I should be.

Basically I open the Google search engine, and enter adisc.
It then opens up a link to the site as always. I've never paid much attention before as to the actual URL, but it looks to be the same one that I've always used. There is the main header which is
https//www.adisc.org/...welcome.php?...
Wether that's the same as usual I'm not sure, but it looks the same. Under that is a list of sub headings for joining, forums, diaper talk etc. None of these direct me to the site either.

Just checked Bing. That link is just www.adisc.org.

It would appear that for some reason Google is finding a different link all of a sudden for some reason. I haven't altered any settings on my phone, do I don't get why what has worked for years has suddenly changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should search up "ADISC" instead. That might help get your desired results.
Lol. Must use spell check.

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Same here :( if I try to open any adisc link from a google search on my iPhone it shows not found. If I type adisc.org it opens the site strait away. Also if I go through a third party site like after checking website no probs. and it's only on my phone since a day ago. My iPad is still fine. Weird huh.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Could you give me an example of a URL which doesn't work when accessed via iphone?

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Could you give me an example of a URL which doesn't work when accessed via iphone?

It's just from the standard welcome suite of entry points that comes up when you search adisc. when clicking on any of those links (which have always worked fine before this) it comes up

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/mobiquo/smartbanner/welcome.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22(Debian) Server at adisc.org Port 443

Whatever all that means.
Like I said, only doing it on iPhone and makes no difference whether wifi or 3G

- - - Updated - - -

if I type, adisc.org in the safari search bar it bypasses google and goes straight to the site. if I type just adisc it opens google results. the links beyond that are what doesn't work.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
It's just from the standard welcome suite of entry points that comes up when you search adisc. when clicking on any of those links (which have always worked fine before this) it comes up

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/mobiquo/smartbanner/welcome.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22(Debian) Server at adisc.org Port 443

Whatever all that means.
Like I said, only doing it on iPhone and makes no difference whether wifi or 3G

- - - Updated - - -

if I type, adisc.org in the safari search bar it bypasses google and goes straight to the site. if I type just adisc it opens google results. the links beyond that are what doesn't work.

Thank you. That's the information I need to reproduce the problem and fix it. :)

The problem is that somehow, Google has become confused about the links on the mobile version of our site.
Most likely, this problem is due to Tapatalk screwing things up.

I've disabled all advertisements for Tapatalk, especially the "smart banner" which seems related to the problem. We'll now see if Google cleans up its links to us and no longer gives invalid ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.