Goodwill Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Went Goodwilling today.
I wont bore you with my other great finds.
But these I thought were a decent mention.

8 total, 7 pictured.

I think they are like XL because they are rather large on me.
But hey they were hospital grade and cheap

8 for 4.99 and then my 15% GW discount.
So like 4.24.

Has anyone else noticed that Goodwill seems to be getting more and more expensive.

Role
Diaper Lover
So I take it they're hospital diapers? They don't really look it to me, I always thought of them to be a little more...non-diaper looking?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What I like about Goodwill, is that it makes me feel better about myself. I prefer Salvation Army though, but the same thing applies. Where would you find diapers though? The only thing I've seen worth buying (but I didn't) was an old Donkey Kong arcade system (you know, the big ones at arcades)

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Hmm...I'll go to goodwill one of these days, and see what I can find. A long bike ride, but it seems to be worth it.
Glad you found a good find, Kitty :)
--Evan

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Well I'm assuming they are hospital grade.
I mean they were in clear packaging so I'm thinking they would come from an old folks home or from a hospital.
They look like CVS diapers just blue. oh well. I snatched them up. Actually my friend, Cyn grabbed them for me. I was occupied by some totally 90's shoes.

And to the other comment about the long bike ride & the other comment on only finding the Donkey Kong thing.

It all depends on where the GW is located. If the neighborhood is nice the stuff will be nice. We have two in our county but they are in very ghetto areas so I don't shop at them as much. Instead I go to the next county over which is a higher-class area. So for some people, their goodwill may suck because of where it is located.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I used to go in Goodwill stores regularly when I lived in the city. There isn't any around this area, just an occasional thrift store. The GW stores always had a nice selection of used baby gear. One store in particular kept all there baby stuff in the basement area. I could go down there and try them out usually with no other customers coming down to interrupt me. I bought a nice comfy car seat from them once and stashed it away at home to sit in when alone. The GW stores always had some interesting baby and kids items for sale.

~Pramrider

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
I used to go in Goodwill stores regularly when I lived in the city. There isn't any around this area, just an occasional thrift store. The GW stores always had a nice selection of used baby gear. One store in particular kept all there baby stuff in the basement area. I could go down there and try them out usually with no other customers coming down to interrupt me. I bought a nice comfy car seat from them once and stashed it away at home to sit in when alone. The GW stores always had some interesting baby and kids items for sale.

~Pramrider
I find good brand new pacifiers and stuff but I'm pretty skeptical about some other things there. Kids are gross. ya know

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I find good brand new pacifiers and stuff but I'm pretty skeptical about some other things there. Kids are gross. ya know
There are so many things at The Salvation Army that I'm skeptical to even touch. They also have knives, just out in the open. It makes me think it would be incredibly easy to rob the store. It also seems incredibly easy to steal anything. I wish they would have DVD's there.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
There are so many things at The Salvation Army that I'm skeptical to even touch. They also have knives, just out in the open. It makes me think it would be incredibly easy to rob the store. It also seems incredibly easy to steal anything. I wish they would have DVD's there.
The GW has DVD's for like 5.00 a piece but I don't buy DVD's anymore. I'm too poor to afford alot of things. Especially not having a job, so I download them and burn them.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The GW has DVD's for like 5.00 a piece but I don't buy DVD's anymore. I'm too poor to afford alot of things. Especially not having a job, so I download them and burn them.
So you spend your money on blank DVD's and diapers :smile1:

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
So you spend your money on blank DVD's and diapers :smile1:
Heh blank DVD's, credit cards, other bills, rent, food, gas, clothes, and then diapers if I have the spare cash.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Know exactly what you mean. Some parents simply refuse to keep strollers, carseats, toys, and other kids things reasonably clean. They wait until they're too gross looking and then give them to GW or SA as if someone else wants to clean up all that mess. The car seat I bought was in surprisingly VG used condition and was only about $5 at the time.

~Pramrider

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Know exactly what you mean. Some parents simply refuse to keep strollers, carseats, toys, and other kids things reasonably clean. They wait until they're too gross looking and then give them to GW or SA as if someone else wants to clean up all that mess. The car seat I bought was in surprisingly VG used condition and was only about $5 at the time.

~Pramrider
Yea an ex friend of mine would not clean the car seat that her son would literally just shove food and drinks into. I have watched her just sit the child on top of a squashed nutragrain bar. She is an utter pig and personally I think the child is in danger. God knows what else she lets go uncleaned.

But for $5 you got quite the deal.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Those are hospital grade diapers. Looks like the ones Medicare(cade) give old people or what ever.

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've found some atn guards at a local thrift shop, havent found anything at my local good will.

Role
Diaper Lover
I once came upon a 5 packages of Abena Super and 5 packages of Abriwings at our local Goodwill. They were priced at 4.99 each. I bought them all. I had to stash them in our crawlspace attic for safekeeping. Kept me in quality diapers for quite awhile at a reasonable price! I go back and check every now and then and I've found FQPs, CVS brand, McKessons, Per-fits etc. I came across a package of DrugGuild brand that were awesome, but they only had small. I used them for stuffers!

goodnites2002

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Where would you find diapers though?
I always have the same question. I've been in goodwill a couple times, and the salvation army. I dont go searching for diapers, but what department do they usually hang out in?

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I see diapers in Goodwill all the time. I don't buy them though, mainly because I'm always there with someone (and I've never bought diapers in person either).

Status
Not open for further replies.