Goodwill finds :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitterdafoxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Well I just got back from the local goodwill, and I must say, it was one of the best trips yet! I walked in and headed to the kids aisle, and right on one of the shelves was a Tinker Toy set for only $5.00! It's one of those plastic ones, more suited for toddlers, so it will really make me feel little when I play with it. So I must ask you adisc, have you had any luck at goodwill?
image.jpg

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I just went to two good wills and bought some diapers. Not the best diapers in the world, but cheap. Also found a cut big lion, I decided his name is Alex, he gets to be one of the big kids to watch out for all of my other baby stuffies while I'm gone. I thought he kinda looked like Alex from Madagascar, he just also has a bow tie.

FeekaDimension

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I found a Ghoulia Yelps ragdoll at the St. Vincent De Paul near me. Normally it's my sister that collects the Monster High dolls, but Ghoulia has always reminded me of myself, so I snatched her up.

I also found a porcelain googly doll at the Salvation Army thrift around the corner. :3

One time I turned around and was face to face with about twelve packs of diapers, but I didn't really have extra money that day. :(

StargazerBleu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Incontinent
I have not been to any in a while.
I have seen lincoln logs, wooden blocks with letters and numbers in them before.

Also seen some shoes that some kind of cute char design,
Seemed adult sized, tho the size number was in the 20's if I remember right.

Never seen diapers in any yet, tho I think ours here just suck.

bikesboatsboards

Incontinent outdoor adventure seeker.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
  4. Private
I found a new pack of treasury plastic backed adult diapers at the local goodwill today for 3.00! I done some research and found that they were produced for thrift drug stores in the 90's. the company went under in 1997, so these are almost 18 years old! pretty good find, they are thick and not very soft and they wont hold much before leaking, but I cant complain about getting 22 vintage diapers for that price!

Samthepup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
We don't have many Goodwills where I'm at, our equivalent would be Savers. I've never found any diapers worth buying but I've walked out with a good number of toys. A lot of those Fisher Price dinosaurs, a few plushies now and then. My last trip I found a red panda from Build-A-Bear that plays the "Imperial March" (Darth Vader's theme) when you press his paw. Both adorable and awesome! :3

ILoveDora

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
The footie jammies I'm wearing right now came from Savers, which is similar to Goodwill. We have both out here in Phoenix but Savers is literally just down the road from me so I can walk there whenever.

WearingClouds

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
This thread has onspiried me to go to my local goodwill and check it out! I would freak out if they sold diapers!! Maybe I'll get some toys ^__^

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
This thread has onspiried me to go to my local goodwill and check it out! I would freak out if they sold diapers!! Maybe I'll get some toys ^__^

It's unusual when I don't see some adult diapers for sale at Goodwill. Thus far, they haven't been any good but it's interesting to see what turns up.

stanley19802

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Hello All,

Every AB/DL should visit their local goodwill/thrift store. I have found lots of baby toys, baby blankets and such. Even diapers. Diapers there are often dirt cheap. You can often get 12-20 adult diapers for 1-3 dollars. Although the issue is finding them in the right size at the right time. But if you regularly check the store you should see them pretty fast and get them before someone else gets them.

I got a crib mattress once for 2 bucks. I was only 16. I broke the mold and brought it home one day passing it off as being more comfortable than the futon mattress I was sleeping on and said I didn't care about the baby print. Clearly as a TB I cared a LOT. Although it was just the mattress and my feet hung off the end, it was absolute HEAVEN! Not to mention I had my night bed wetting diapers on. I would close my eyes and pretend I was laying in a crib with bars. Every move made the mattress crinkle slightly. I loved it till a year later my mom tossed it out while I was at school. :(

One of my favorite crib rail toys came from a thrift store for 5 dollars. It's made by Dex products. It has a recording a mothers heart beat taken with a microphone directly from the womb according to the back of the box it came in. I LOVE it and still have it 15 years later! :) My playpen is other great example. Sells normally for almost 200 bucks, I got it for 60.00. And once I put a 1/2 thick piece of ply wood it was able to hold adult weight with no problems. It's a play yard though, so twice as wide as a playpen with 4 feet wide square. So keep your eyes open out there for goodwill finds. Even yard sales can yeild great finds. Just two cents from this lil baby. :)

-Baby Stanley

bean

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A couple years ago I found like five bags of Tranquility ATN's at a thrift store. I bought them all! The folks at checkout gave me some weird looks, but I think I did a good job of keeping a straight face:)

ElectricalEngineer

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
On my walk to the station there is a charity shop for a children's charity which my grandmother supported for many years, probably decades.

Once I have finished catching up online I will be snuggling down with a large soft toy, called Daddy bear which was an impulse buy from the said shop.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Since I don't really get into the AB side, buying toys at Goodwill isn't something I would do...

Diapers on the other hand... I live in a really densely populated area, so there are about 5 Goodwills within 15 minutes of me. All of them always have some kind of adult diaper. In my postWorst. Diapers. Ever. I talked about the mistake of buying some old cheap diapers. In the past though, I've found packs of Depend and Attends which served my purposes well enough.

I get a little queasy when I think about who donated those diapers and under what circumstances. Namely, it was probably a parent or grandparent who just died and the family was cleaning up the remnants of their last days on Earth.

lilkayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I haven't had any luck at my local goodwill. All I found was mostly junk and a lot of books.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I found Curity youth pants 14 for $3. I bought one pack. They feel very paper like and less grannyish for me. They fit better than Good Notes but the sides do tear easily as in be careful pulling them up or your fingers might go right through the cloth. They have some of the best leak guards. The first one I tried was so thin and cheap looking that I decided to experiment. I cut a small hole near the top of the pad and stuck a funnel in it. I put an extra tablespoon of SAP. I taped over the hole. The next morning they were super nice. The extra SAP made them swell up really nice.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Since I don't really get into the AB side, buying toys at Goodwill isn't something I would do...

Diapers on the other hand... I live in a really densely populated area, so there are about 5 Goodwills within 15 minutes of me. All of them always have some kind of adult diaper. In my postWorst. Diapers. Ever. I talked about the mistake of buying some old cheap diapers. In the past though, I've found packs of Depend and Attends which served my purposes well enough.

I get a little queasy when I think about who donated those diapers and under what circumstances. Namely, it was probably a parent or grandparent who just died and the family was cleaning up the remnants of their last days on Earth.

You may be wearing ghost diapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.