Goodnites: Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilightform

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I have heard good things about the Goodnite diaper. I may get it: thing is, I don't know how much it can hold. Does anyone know the holding capacity of a Goodnites?:dunno:

S

soren456

About one-and-a-half times the capacity of a typical eight-year-old's bladder.

Get them only for the thrill of it all, not for their utility.

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
About one-and-a-half times the capacity of a typical eight-year-old's bladder.

Get them only for the thrill of it all, not for their utility.
But if, of course, you happened to have the bladder roughly the size of an eight year old, I suppose it'd be good for you.

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
More than that, most 8 year olds have a thinner body and Goodnites/Drynites fit better on them. Less likely to leak.

Though they are designed for up to 15 years (as the UK Drynite branding claims).

I can make them last a while though if I pee in small quantities. Just don't drink a lot before using them and don't flood them. For guys "point down".

They're okay for fun. Overnight with a small amount of wetting is fine.

For utility they can be useful for outdoors if you want to get some relief before you can find a bathroom to go properly.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
They can be for day-to-day use for smaller adults, and make better sense for those with lighter incontinence (for light dribbles after prostrate surgery, for example). Wear them in tight cotton briefs, and have a pad handy if you're out for an extended period.

But if you're an AB/DL and you enjoy that sort of thing, they may not have the capacity. Go with the Abenas instead or (heaven forbid) Bambinos.

Honeywell6180

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
or (heaven forbid) Bambinos.
There's nothing wrong with Bambino diapers at all, they are great and they can be retaped a LOT. The only problem with them is the cost at like nearly 2 dollars per diaper or more depending on tax and shipping rates.

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
When I started to wear goodnights for the first time they didn't really hold alot compared to depends. But when I wetted my goodnights I went slowly so they didn't leak through

A

annierighthurr

Though they are designed for up to 15 years (as the UK Drynite branding claims).
Yeah, this.
I am actually -10ish pounds less then the end of the suggested weight range for Goodnites (125+).

I think Goodnites are a good experimental diaper for any DL. and for others, like me, they are always good. Idk, I love goodnites though for many reasons. I am a Pullup lover however.

I still think that as an experiment, they arent bad for anybody who is close or in the weight range and for those who arent too jaded.

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well what you got to worry about them is that they leak. There not built for heavy wettings i can only trust them with 2 of my lightest wettings. But there fun dont forget there fun :D

Role
Diaper Lover
Mr Alex Summary, just for you:

Buy 1 pack, of L/XL Goodnites, try them out, if you don't like them, move up to bigger and better options.

I am actually -10ish pounds less then the end of the suggested weight range for Goodnites (125+).
Hah, I'm 4 less. I hate being this fat. :( I'm sure you love it, hyp.) [I almost called you a Hyppo, but I thought you would take offense to that, of which I did not mean, was I correct?]

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
There's nothing wrong with Bambino diapers at all, they are great and they can be retaped a LOT. The only problem with them is the cost at like nearly 2 dollars per diaper or more depending on tax and shipping rates.
Well that is what's "wrong" with them, and it's a lot to pay for basically an adult diaper with cute prints added. Plus to me I see them as a specific AB product which doesn't do much for me. If I know it's a product designed by ABs for ABs, I don't feel I'd be wearing a baby diaper.

I get far more of a kick from genuine pampers doubled up.

But for quality adult diapers, you can do just as good with Abri/Abena or (in Europe especially), Tena and Harmony.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I can get 2 wettings no bother in drynites if I point it down and don't flood it. I've never tried to do 3.[/font]

Last edited:

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Man I used to rock Goodnites for hours back in the day...when they were still white that is. I would call that being a first generation DL. Any first generation DLs here remember how big those suckers used to get? Good God it was unholy in every way, yet so entertaining!

Anyway yeah, I don't wear them for use anymore unless as a stuffer, in which case they work fantastically. You can flood and be fine as long as you have something else on!

Z

zakrawr

goodnites/drynites suck unless u pee them very very slowly, and stop and start peeing otherwise they leak badly.
they only take 1.5-2 heavy wettings till they leak anyway.
i'm a very heavy wetter and i normally pee fast tho. :eek:

Well that is what's "wrong" with them, and it's a lot to pay for basically an adult diaper with cute prints added. Plus to me I see them as a specific AB product which doesn't do much for me. If I know it's a product designed by ABs for ABs, I don't feel I'd be wearing a baby diaper.

I get far more of a kick from genuine pampers doubled up.

But for quality adult diapers, you can do just as good with Abri/Abena or (in Europe especially), Tena and Harmony.
pampers size 7 beat drynites/goodnites, hands down.

i managed to order some on amazon, and despite not being able to fit into pampers size 6. pampers size 7 have very stretchy sides and i'm pretty slim anyway. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
pampers size 7 beat drynites/goodnites, hands down.
Apart from pampers size 7 not really "fitting" (I mean properly fitting) anyone other than the intended age range (i.e. babies and toddlers). Drynites/Goodnites are intended for up to a typical age 15 body, which given them a significant advantage even if not of the same quality.

I have yet to see an actual fit of size 7 on a teen or older that actually does properly "fit". Plenty where the wearer claims they fit fine, but where you see the photos they clearly don't. It's just they've managed to stretch the tapes to just about hold on. Drynites/Goodnites can be worn easily by even small adults in a proper fit.

But I don't deny that Pampers absorb more. Baby diapers are designed to do just that compared to bedwetting garments. I can't fit into Pampers, but can double them up and they absorb a lot.

Z

zakrawr

pampers size 7 fit modified properly, fit me.

cut the tabs off, add some linen strips to the tabs and to where u cut them off. join them together with the suitable glue like epoxy or super glue.
and then they fit properly. :D

S

soren456

pampers size 7 fit modified properly, fit me.

cut the tabs off, add some linen strips to the tabs and to where u cut them off. join them together with the suitable glue like epoxy or super glue.
and then they fit properly. :D
So much for a fresh-from-the-pack experience.

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
Man I used to rock Goodnites for hours back in the day...when they were still white that is. I would call that being a first generation DL. Any first generation DLs here remember how big those suckers used to get? Good God it was unholy in every way, yet so entertaining!

Anyway yeah, I don't wear them for use anymore unless as a stuffer, in which case they work fantastically. You can flood and be fine as long as you have something else on!
Me too! However, now I don't even think of Goodnites for a diaper. They're good if you want a discreet and subtle look with a bit of protection but back then they weren't super great or anything. They took a wetting and swelled up pretty big but leaks were a common memory :]

I don't know why they put bikes and stuff on it. I really liked the original ones!

isaactheman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
some advice, if u fill it up try not to sit down on hard chairs or computer chairs they tend to leak with pressure.

Role
Private
Surprisingly, I'm quite fond on Goodnites/Drynites. If you can fit into one alright, that is.

Cute prints aside, they are a quality diaper if you want something really discreet and holds enough urine so that you don't have to immediately pull yourself from whatever task you are doing. Remember, they are designed for incontinence/bedwetting, so use them as such. Don't flood them, every time you have a little bit of pee built up, release it and the diaper should hold up fine.

Although, if you sleep in one and wake up dry, or you don't use it during the night, I'd strongly recommend not using it ever unless you can change it immediately. After a night of wearing and moving around in your sleep, they become highly prone to leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.