• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Goodnites or Assurance? (now updated with questions about Certainty diapers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL69047

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Soon I hope to be able to get some diapers, and it's a toss up between Goodnites and Assurance. I've had a lot of time in Goodnites in my younger years ;)
And no time in Assurance. I have heard of Assurance not being good, so I'm not sure on what brand to go with. What other Adult Diapers would be better than Assurance that I can still get in stores??

Update:

See below for questions about Walgreen's Certainty Diapers.

Can they be worn under jeans??
How many times can you undo the tapes before they are not sticky?

Last edited:

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think it's pretty much agreed that CVS/Walgreens/Generic are actually the best. You can just get them in the pharmacy. They're not very crinkly though. I hear that depends are much louder, but not as absorbent.

If you don't mind just getting pull-ups rather than tape-on, they have tena pullups as well. But really your best bet is the generic "fitted briefs."

DL69047

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So what would be the better place to get diapers (That I could hide under jeans).
CVS, Walgreens, Target, or walmart?

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Walgreens overnight briefs are pretty good for store brands. I went from walgreens to goodnights, imo I liked the walgreens briefs 20 times better. I would look to see what brands you have available, I'm unsure what target carries for diapers.

DL69047

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Do the "walgreens breifs" have tapes?? What is the "brand name" for them?

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yes they have tapes... The brand is called Certainty.

h++p://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100272&navAction=jump&navCount=1&skuid=sku3956214&id=prod3957365

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
They're not very noisy or thick on their own. I suppose if you wanted the thickness, you could always double them up. Not everybody likes to do that though. Depends are crinkly apparently.

Something I've been thinking of doing was buying a pack of certainty and a pack of depends, and doubling that with the crinkly Depends being the outer layer. Not very cheap though.

I guess if you've never had anything though, you might think of the Certainty as loud. I guess actually having plastic backed renders you thinking Certainty are silent though. I still worry about people hearing the noise from mine, and they're cloth backed. I dunno how much louder Depends must be, but it's apparently more.

LL3

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I typically get depends for the crinkle factor and buy the cheapest baby diaper i can find to line them with for absorbency,

DL69047

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've worn Goodnites once since I was 8 under my "night clothes" and they were pretty dang noisy. To the point I almost took them back off in fear of My brother hearing me. But I made the decision to keep them on and all was well. But Goodnites have a plastic backing so Cloth will be better.

DL69047

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've never worn any diapers with tape other that when I was a baby and I have a question about taped Diapers.

I'm not a DL who likes to wear 24/7 (although that would be pretty cool). I just wear mostly in the evening/night and hardly ever wet till the diapers begin to smell from sweating. Can a taped Diaper be taken off a few times with out the tapes becoming not sticky? Can you like use double sided tape to fix it??

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
Ya know, something I found quite interesting...

Goodnites crinkle.
Pull-ups don't.

Poor toddlers must be too embarassed to endure the diaper-like crinkles, which Goodnite users must be able to handle, and still yet the Huggies diapers are quieter than them.

Confusing.

Mauiman

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
assurance are crap diapers. They leaked on me when I was having wetting accidents and I awakened in a big ole puddle in the middle of the night. They did not even get to full capacity and yet they still leaked. So I had to get up every night that I was using them and pull the sheets and blankets and put them in the washing machine which I was on the same level as the laundry room and clean up my bed the best I could and that meant getting the cleaning vinegar and pine sol and be there scrubbing on my bed and let it air out for the rest of the night while I gone on to a cold and hard concrete floor and slept the rest of the night there. It was very depressing that I had to do such. And so I tried many other diapers that ether sucked even worse or was at the same quality. I kept on looking for a good diaper because I could not fit in to Goodnites underpants any more. Even now I wish that there could be a good pull up that would be the adult sized Goodnites underpants with the overnight absorbency and thickness and softness and niceness of the old white ones before the trimmer fit crap. All the Adult pull ups suck bad and so on. For some time now I have been using Tranquility ATN's but their quality stooped down to the quality of Depend and the leg gathers and leak guards dig in to my skin and cut me and hurt me even with everything that I have done to prevent it and all the steps that I have taken.

I have used Secure X-Plus and they had not let me down at all. Infarct for the first time in a long time was able to sleep in a very deep sleep and not worry of trying to do the "sleep/alertness balancing act" and was able to get much better sleep and wake up more energized than ever. Go to work with a great deal of energy and come home with more energy than what I used to. Now I am going to try the AbriForm X-plus.

But again I really wish that there could be a company that could make a pull up that would be everything like the old white Goodnites underpants were like but for adults. So that way I would not have to bother with tapes and shortness of a pad.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
Did you wear the plastic backed ones or the new junk-ass cloth covered ones? I rarely had any problems out of the old assurance before the redesign.

The best diaper for night I've found is molicare super-plus. If you haven't tried them, do so.

(added in response to below)
The last time that assurance used the six-tape design was quite a long time back. That was when they came 22 to a pack. The redesign to 4 wider tapes came in packs of 20, and they absorbed alot better. Just letting you know.

Last edited:

Mauiman

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I used both the plastic backed six tap ones and the single tape refastenable ones. The refastenable ones were allright for me at night and during the day. Which I had to replace the goodnites at this time because the last pack of them that I have bought before trying to find a new diaper to use were smaller than the ones that I had on before.

Again I really wish that I could find a pull up diaper that is everything like the old white goodnites but adult sized.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Answer #1: Any diaper can be worn under jeans...

Answer #2: The "tabs" are velcro... and can be readjusted many times.

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
They are pretty discreet, definetly comfortable. The tapes can be re-adjusted, I've done this up to 5 times with one diaper to see if it still stuck well. They can be worn under jeans, however I did have the zipper get stuck on it and it tore, only happened once though you shouldn't have any trouble wearing it under jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.