Goodnites in the AU

Friggles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
Looking to buy the new Goodnites XL on Amazon because it's the only way to get them in Australia. Mainly because I'm worried if I buy Drynites 8-15 they won't fit and I'll have wasted that precious dip money. I'm a little worried about a few things like discreet shipping, shipping time from the US, size&fit, getting the right colour and really anything else that *could* go wrong. (I may be a bit anxious and worked up over something simple)

Does anyone have any tips or info to share about this particular dilemma?

Friggles said:
...size&fit...
Care to share your measurements?

I have a 36in (92cm) waist and 44in (112cm) hips, and I can comfortably pull on the XL GoodNites. The stretch is amazing. They ride low, but stay up. The biggest problem I have with them, and the reason I don't use them more often, is the crotch width. It's just barely enough to span an adult-sized set of boy bits, if you happen to be carrying some of those around. Consequently, they leak on me almost immediately. (Annoying trivia: XL GoodNites are 25% narrower in the crotch than Pampers and Huggies size 6/7 baby diapers. No joke.)

Last edited:
Cottontail said:

I have a 36in (92cm) waist and 44in (112cm) hips, and I can comfortably pull on the XL GoodNites. The stretch is amazing. They ride low, but stay up. The biggest problem I have with them, and the reason I don't use them more often, is the crotch width. It's just barely enough to span an adult-sized set of boy bits, if you happen to be carrying some of those around. Consequently, they leak on me almost immediately. (Annoying trivia: XL GoodNites are 25% narrower in the crotch than Pampers and Huggies size 6/7 baby diapers. No joke.)
Ahh, I knew there'd be some kind of catch to it. Couldn't have such a good waist size without there being other shortcomings like the width. I mean, I don't really wish to use them for their intended purpose, they're just for comfort and convenience, so the leaking shouldn't be an issue for me. I'm super skinny so idk if I'll be better or worse off for it. I mean having 33inch hips and a 28inch waist might be good for this but I'm worried they'll be a bit short. I'm 6'3", so I might run into that issue...

Friggles said:
Ahh, I knew there'd be some kind of catch to it. Couldn't have such a good waist size without there being other shortcomings like the width. I mean, I don't really wish to use them for their intended purpose, they're just for comfort and convenience, so the leaking shouldn't be an issue for me. I'm super skinny so idk if I'll be better or worse off for it. I mean having 33inch hips and a 28inch waist might be good for this but I'm worried they'll be a bit short. I'm 6'3", so I might run into that issue...
I'd suggest finding the money/opportunity to try the DryNites 8-15 first. The size difference is not much, and the crotch width is actually the same. (Grrr...) If the DryNites 8-15 aren't at least extremely close to satisfying, you're unlikely to be happier with GoodNites.

I bought a case off amazon , came within two weeks and I’m in Melbourne.
I like them but dont “use” them.

If you are in Australia, give the “depends unisex XS” a go. They are the same thing as the goodnites XL as far as I know. Depend and goodnites are all part of Kimberly Clarke which have the patent on the goodnites/drynites/pull-ups design. Depends usually suck but this is just a much bigger drynites. I can’t fit into the l/xl drynites anymore but these depends fit me perfectly. Sides are much stretchier too! They are $14 from independence Australia so worth a shot instead of paying a fortune for the goodnites xl

For reference I am 90kg and have a 44inch waist

I'll give them a go. The lack of print is a bit of a bummer but it'll be worth it if they fit. Thanks for the tip.
stillcold said:
If you are in Australia, give the “depends unisex XS” a go. They are the same thing as the goodnites XL as far as I know. Depend and goodnites are all part of Kimberly Clarke which have the patent on the goodnites/drynites/pull-ups design. Depends usually suck but this is just a much bigger drynites. I can’t fit into the l/xl drynites anymore but these depends fit me perfectly. Sides are much stretchier too! They are $14 from independence Australia so worth a shot instead of paying a fortune for the goodnites xl

Ok, I've decided to try all three and compare them to see which is best. Might post reference pics if anyone else is interested but since you're all already experienced with them, I can't imagine it being too useful. I'll definitely learn something

Cottontail said:

What if someone was to use one of those last two (Huggies for convenience) as a bit of extra stuffing? Think it would make up for the width issue?

Back