Goodnites/DryNites Predictions for 2023

DanElmontan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Here are my predictions for Goodnites and DryNites in 2023:

Goodnites - New prints for XS and S/M sizes only in spring of 2023. No changes to other sizes.

Mexico finally adopts US & Canada product line.

Target and Kroger generics convert to current Goodnites sizing in order to streamline manufacturing processes and new unisex prints introduced for XL size. Meijer switches back to Goodnites-based pants.

DryNites - entire product line is overhauled in late summer of ‘23 with sizes matching those in US and Canada. Black sides are replaced with blue and pink and all pants receive new prints. “Teen” wording is shifted to XL size.

Bonus prediction: Cuties Boundless returns to the market in early spring of ‘23 in sizes 8 and 9 with an improved diaper that features a wider pad, wider single tapes, and sturdier stretchy side materials. Both sizes are sold in smaller packs at Walmart stores.

Reactions: pdiapered, TigerDL, dutchdiplover and 7 others

ProTricycleRacer

🎵I want to ride my tricycle!🎵
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
My prediction is they change the S/M to something other than hulk. Maybe Star Wars? Or if it’s another marvel hero either Thor or black panther. Spider-Man probably stays on XS for another year seeing how XS are just Pull Ups 4-5t for bedtime as the jumping board into the Goodnites brand, and pull ups already had a deal with spiderman on their Costco plus brand. I also think the L and XL change to something else. For the Ls it’s hard to say what they’ll go for since the space and stripe designs are pretty solid. I think maybe the XL goes for football like they did for soccer for European drynites. I hope maybe they could do skate boards like they did in earlier version, kind of like how the snow camo harkened back to the older goodnites camo designs.

Idk what girls designs go next. Maybe XS gets Elsa?if they change the boys xl they’ll probably change the girls XL too, idk to what tho.

Maybe drynites adopt the new size this year. Probably Europe first, then maybe austrialia

Reactions: DanElmontan

KrankyPants

A wee brat who likes his binky, sippy and dips.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
New XL, 140-150lbs but fits 180lbs.

Reactions: PNW509Little, FudgedInLuvs, username234 and 1 other person

Bryle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I really hope they do come out with a one size bigger in the Boundless. My brother wears them now and they are awesome. I love that they just have 2 tabs like a regular baby diaper. I can fit in his but there a tad small so I use Abriform.

Reactions: PullUpsPunzie97, espectro, Lyric and 1 other person

GoodniteLover219

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I don't see any good predictions as far as Goodnites go. They'll continue to stink in my opinion because they can't go back to the old style of padding and absorbency that made them so reliable in the past. 😞 It's why I prefer spending either hundreds of dollars on vintage Goodnites or simply refuse to buy them period. Though the only thing I will admit I'm predicting and at least looking forward to are the different upcoming design changes- that's probably the only exciting moment for Goodnites I'm more looking forward to seeing the most.

As far as Drynites from the UK goes, I can agree that a much larger size should be a priority. And I agree on the gender prints- as exciting and unique as the solid black colors and designs have been, they're starting to feel kinda- I don't know what analogy is best to describe it. Darker maybe? 😅 I agree that they really need to bring the gender-specific colorful designs and prints back. I'm also of course super syked to find out what girly prints Drynites will add next; but PLEASE DO NOT change the frilly leg barrier guards or the padding like Goodnites did! Stay as absorbent as it is right now!

Other than those two, I don't really have much to say. Goodnites to me is dead pretty much; with the exception of frequent design changes. I'll gladly wear a few if it means new designs are incoming.

And as far as Drynites from the UK goes? I hope they do not change their products like Goodnites did and hoping they'll reverse the boy/girl colors back to normal. Black's been cool and all; but I agree it's getting boring. And of course excited for new designs. 🥰

Oh! And agree to them going for a much larger waist size! Make that a priority too Drynites!

Reactions: Sparrow75 and friendlyfish

PullUpsPunzie97

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I'm not expecting much from them this year to be honest

Reactions: DanElmontan

DanElmontan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PullUpsPunzie97 said:
I'm not expecting much from them this year to be honest
I’m not either, given that a recession is imminent here in the US, but it’s fun to speculate.

Reactions: PullUpsPunzie97

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
With the impending financial collapse I can see the least profitable sizes being removed from the range.
*These are only for the European made pants*
Drynites 3-5 discontinued completely, possibly the poor value jumbo packs in the other sizes now the supermarkets have fixed the price of the regular pack at £4 there's no reason for the larger packs.
A genuinely large pack would be useful with 30/27 pants but it would be over £10 so many parents wouldn't be able to afford it.
Possibly some cost savings on the 8-15 size like switching to a mostly white design to save on printing
All pullups trainers discontinued, at least in the UK, they keep trying to drum up sales by changing to new packaging every 6 months but sales are poor compared with normal nappy pants.
The biggest change I could forsee would be drynites switching to a "granny panty" -really hate that term- full elastic pant as there the only Huggies pant line still using the old construction method with the side panels.

Bonus uk predictions, in no particular order Aldi mamia ultra dry size 7+ or 8 nappies, and age 8-15 night pants, Asda comfort & protect size 7 nappies, day & night pants making a return but probably unisex this time round.
Tesco have pretty much all bases covered with size 8 pants and junior nappies so I'm not expecting much there, possibly small packs of tena slip on the shelves would be nice.
Sainsbury's night time pants either made by KC or drylock.
Morrisons and Lidl, not sure.

Reactions: Jamas and DanElmontan

kratox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I think boundless releasing a size 9 is stretching it.

I do feel they might be upgrading size 8 in some ways though. It does seem sort of weird how they suddenly didn't have anymore in stock, almost like they stopped production to make improvements.

But it's still just hopeful thinking, we really don't know what happened.

My hope regardless is they showcase there was missed revenue on the table, and it forces pampers, huggies, etc to release a new size to compete. I'm just glad they sort of got to set the standard cause now pampers can't do some dumb sizing where they barely nudge up a size but slap a whole new number on it. As long as they eventually improve the boundless diapers before others follow suit its gg.

Jamas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah with everyone cutting back I really don't expect any changes for drynites other than maybe the discontinuing of the smallest versions.

Reactions: PullUpsPunzie97 and 12srepaid

goodniteslover12

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm just hoping they don't discontinue XL, with my bladder leakage issues they are perfect for my needs.

Reactions: TigerDL, PullUpsPunzie97, Honeywell6180 and 1 other person

12srepaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I never really cared for KC's lame reasoning for the XS Goodnites*. They should be discontinued.
I kinda wish that all Goodnites* would do the velcro sides, like on the Korean version. Just don't shrink the sizes.
Maybe a different pattern, but I kinda like the black L/XL Drynites. They would look good for XL Goodnites.

* =Also be applied for Drynites.

Reactions: PullUpsPunzie97 and Diaperpee8

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Bryle said:
I really hope they do come out with a one size bigger in the Boundless. My brother wears them now and they are awesome. I love that they just have 2 tabs like a regular baby diaper. I can fit in his but there a tad small so I use Abriform.
How does he like the boundless diapers

Kaviri

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Wouldn't be surprised if Drynites came out with a new size, they sell out pretty regularly in both sizes from where I buy them from

Reactions: DanElmontan, GoodniteLover219 and Diaperpee8

KenworthW900b

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I would agree about the XL goodnites being changed to unisex, it just seems silly to have girls prints and boys prints really in any size but certainly in the XL size.

Reactions: DLjoey974, PullUpsPunzie97, 12srepaid and 1 other person

12srepaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
KenworthW900b said:
I would agree about the XL goodnites being changed to unisex, it just seems silly to have girls prints and boys prints really in any size but certainly in the XL size.
I agree. Maybe for the L as well. Or even better, Unisex designs for all 4 sizes. Use those resources in more beneficial areas.
Hopefully then, more stores will have XL sizes available.

PNW509Little

Finding myself all over again
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
KrankyPants said:
New XL, 140-150lbs but fits 180lbs.
I was shocked. I took a chance on my oversized 168lb derry aire and bought a packof XL's and they actually fit pretty well and are comfy!

I haven't tried absorption aspect, I am a little more weary on that part given their initial design, but in time.

The only thing I did notice is that after 6-8 hours of being semi-active, the elastic sides seem to stretch quite a bit and don't hold so snug, but I'm assuming that's the result of me exceeding the horizontal capacity of them, lol!

Reactions: TigerDL

thefurealfriends2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
No xs thats stupid…goodnites xl will stay the same untill next year..so will l…but yes i think xl should be gender neutral. But i do see that the xl and l sale better than the other 2..jst shows that xl was much needed for young adults . I dont have any leaks, there plenty absorbent. At the moment for a 5,4 135male ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five would be a scent to cover up smell.

Reactions: DanElmontan and 12srepaid

thefurealfriends2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
thefurealfriends2 said:
No xs thats stupid…goodnites xl will stay the same untill next year..so will l…but yes i think xl should be gender neutral. But i do see that the xl and l sale better than the other 2..jst shows that xl was much needed for young adults . I dont have any leaks, there plenty absorbent. At the moment for a 5,4 135male ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five would be a scent to cover up smell.
Yes target and kroger should mainstream to fit goodnites sizing. I love target up and ups

12srepaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I really hope Ninjamas would get their act straight, and become more equally competitive.

Reactions: TigerDL