Goodnites by Rearz?

Abena860

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone heard a rumor about Rearz making a 1990’s style Goodnite replica? I thought I hear something a while back but hadn’t heard much recently.

trainlvr7 said:
Has anyone heard a rumor about Rearz making a 1990’s style Goodnite replica? I thought I hear something a while back but hadn’t heard much recently.
This is a rumour.

Rats I was hoping it to be true... I bet it would be a lot of legal hoops to jump through if it even could be done.

I'd love to see them make another run of their Vintage Replica, using the "wide single tapes" idea from their Inspire Select. (instead they based it on the 4 tape design of their regular Inspire)

Reactions: abdilly
That's a good question, I swear I had posted an idea about these and someone replied that they had been in the works but were a while out. Considering the allegiance of Goodnites, and the nostalgia factor for many, I think it would be a fantastic idea if they, or Crinklz/Better Dry would do so

I've wanted a goodnites replica for the abdl market since I still could wear goodnites as a teenager. I would love it if someone would make them, but I am not optimistic it will happen any time soon if ever. It's possible rearz has looked into it, but I don't think there is anything currently in late development or production.

patrick1776 said:
I've wanted a goodnites replica for the abdl market since I still could wear goodnites as a teenager. I would love it if someone would make them, but I am not optimistic it will happen any time soon if ever. It's possible rearz has looked into it, but I don't think there is anything currently in late development or production.
Wonder if they have but they're at a sticking point of no return. I imagine they would give them some upgraded features, unisex design for the core, dual standing leak guards, etc, but a waistband that is faithful to the old without being the junk Depends turns out, like Bambino's pull up flop

It's a shame really. I grew up with the plain white 90's Goodnites. Memories of my childhood.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
GoodniteLover219 said:
It's a shame really. I grew up with the plain white 90's Goodnites. Memories of my childhood.
Same. They'd make a killing in sales if they could produce them. Wonder if they'd be willing to share some issues that maybe we could comment on and make these a reality

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, TigerDL and GoodniteLover219
I'd buy them

RearzJacob said:
This is a rumour.
Always good the Rearz rep can set the record straight. I know it smacks down on some folks hopes though!

JOCKMAN said:
Always good the Rearz rep can set the record straight. I know it smacks down on some folks hopes though!
We have to stay away from any copyrighted content. That seems to be something that is always asked for. It would be awesome but not something we can do yet. Maybe one day.

Reactions: Mauiman, camperspampers1, TigerDL and 1 other person
RearzJacob said:
We have to stay away from any copyrighted content. That seems to be something that is always asked for. It would be awesome but not something we can do yet. Maybe one day.
Just curious, what exactly would be the copyrighted content in this case? If it was simply an all white adult pull on brief, I think there would be many companies being sued for an infringement, and considering that Kimberly Clark has not made that design in over 15 years how would it still apply, is there something that specific if you were to produce a faithful scaled up replica that would cause the infringement? Even if it's features from years ago that KC may not even still use currently?

FudgedInLuvs said:
Just curious, what exactly would be the copyrighted content in this case? If it was simply an all white adult pull on brief, I think there would be many companies being sued for an infringement, and considering that Kimberly Clark has not made that design in over 15 years how would it still apply, is there something that specific if you were to produce a faithful scaled up replica that would cause the infringement? Even if it's features from years ago that KC may not even still use currently?
I'm not sure I see a copyright issue here either. It's probably more a matter of manufacturing capability--of getting those smooth elastic panels instead of the usual frilly stuff.

But c'mon. Plain white?! JeeeEEEEeeeez. :) If you're going to do ABDL GoodNites, gender-specific prints are a must! I vote that they be named "Bella Notte," and be printed with cartoon cocker spaniel puppies (for girls) and gray mutt puppies (for boys) eating spaghetti. With the right art style, Disney's hackles might stay down, and Bambino's yawn-inspiring sequence of Italian adjectives would be one-upped.

Last edited:
Reactions: FudgedInLuvs and TigerDL
FudgedInLuvs said:
Replicating the current Goodnites might run into copyright issues in terms of designs, but I think he is actually referring to patent issues for the vintage Goodnites. It's likely KC still holds the patent to some of the technology in the original Goodnites, even if they don't us it anymore for modern versions. I am guessing that is why KC's line of training pant products, Pull Ups and Goodnites, have the smooth elastic sides while P&G uses the scrunchy sides, because they hold the respective patents to them. But patents expire after 20 years, so perhaps some of the patents on the old Goodnites have/will expire/d so ABDL companies can use the technology. And then comes the problem of implementing the technology, because it is likely KC has special equipment for it, so ABDL companies would have to find equipment that is also able to do it and size it up.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and FudgedInLuvs
Cottontail said:
I'm not sure I see a copyright issue here either. It's probably more a matter of manufacturing capability--of getting those smooth elastic panels instead of the usual frilly stuff.

But c'mon. Plain white?! JeeeEEEEeeeez. :) If you're going to do ABDL GoodNites, gender-specific prints are a must! I vote that they be named "Bella Notte," and be printed with cartoon cocker spaniel puppies (for girls) and gray mutt puppies (for boys) eating spaghetti. With the right art style, Disney's hackles might stay down, and Bambino's yawn-inspiring sequence of Italian adjectives would be one-upped.

That's what I'm leaning towards, and the equipment can't be cheap.

Plain white, just for a start and for those that miss the OG Goodnites! I'd still like fun designs though, a Glow in the Dark Rebel Goodnite!

TigerDL said:
Replicating the current Goodnites might run into copyright issues in terms of designs, but I think he is actually referring to patent issues for the vintage Goodnites. It's likely KC still holds the patent to some of the technology in the original Goodnites, even if they don't us it anymore for modern versions. I am guessing that is why KC's line of training pant products, Pull Ups and Goodnites, have the smooth elastic sides while P&G uses the scrunchy sides, because they hold the respective patents to them. But patents expire after 20 years, so perhaps some of the patents on the old Goodnites have/will expire/d so ABDL companies can use the technology. And then comes the problem of implementing the technology, because it is likely KC has special equipment for it, so ABDL companies would have to find equipment that is also able to do it and size it up.

That makes sense, one thing about patents though, they can always reapply for them even at 19 years 364 days and get the rights extended.

Reactions: TigerDL and DiaperedBedwetter1998
This would be very cool if there could be adult sizes of GoodNites Underpants in a few of the key favored designs including their ventage white ones.

Mauiman said:
This would be very cool if there could be adult sizes of GoodNites Underpants in a few of the key favored designs including their ventage white ones.
I would love some adult size 2006/7 ballerina Goodnites and the 2008/9 purple butterfly Goodnites as well.

Back