Good Wireless Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
So that thing's going to give me 2x as much more range than a Linksys with DD-WRT?
Though.... unlike WRT54GS... it only has one antenna. How would that affect the range/signal?
The antennas are only about 2dbi... it makes a difference... but not as much as you think. Some people assume that more antennas = more range... it's not necessarily true. You can have multiple antennas and be broadcasting a weak signal... it won't go nearly as far as a single antenna broadcasting a strong signal.

It all really comes down to output power. The EnGenius products to provide about twice the range of a comparable netgear or linksys unit at a cheaper cost. They aren't widely available to the general public b/c they are produced in limited quantities and generally marketted to corporations only.

And just for fun... one of those tower setups like a WISP uses starts at about $30,000.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Hmm... well, how does it compare to the WRT54G and WRT54GS? I think I pretty much have it, probably, narrowed down to one of those two LinkSys routers or the EnGenius router.

Status
Not open for further replies.